Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Virgin Mary

KatyAD

What are your thoughts on her?

Should we worship her and pray to her?

Do you think she visits the earth and heals people?

Some people say that the person that visits the earth is not the Virgin Mary, but the devil trying to steal away the focous of Jesus Christ.

What do you think?

I believe that there is something to the sightings of Mother Mary, Fatima, etcetera. Whether it's really the blessed mother of Christ still stands to be proven.

I don't pray to Mother Mary, but I have spoken with her. I find her comforting.

Edited by ValkyrieVoice

Not a virgin but a knocked up young lady out of wedlock and not by her arraigned marriage to an old man who had kids. Which is why those from Jesus' village called him the ' son of mary' ... instead of the 'son of joseph'... basically it's a put down .. calling him a bast**d. just like he was called crazy by his own as well as his family ...

I think the virgin birth was thought up later by scribes .

I think there is nothing wrong to praying to her. Have you ever prayed to someone who has died and told them to watch over you? Its the same thing! Catholics do not worship her we just extremely respect the mother of Jesus Christ.

I have no problem whatsoever with veneration and adoration of the Blessed Virgin. I have several Icons of her, actually. She is referred to as the Queen of Heaven often by Catholics. I would tend to agree. It is my opinion that she is what is often referred to as the archetype (Jung) of the Divine Feminine. God is spirit, what is reflected in matter is reflection of that spirit. Just as Christ is the fullfillment of the One God in the sense of God indwelling matter, completing all pagan forms of worship in that indwelling, I feel that Mary, in much the same way, is the fullfillment and completion of Goddess worship, which is the feminine aspect of the personality of God. For example, when brother Omnaka refers to 'mother' God, I take this to be, speaking for myself, Mary. I am not saying thatr she is God, but that she is spirit, that she is, again, the completion of the Divine Feminine aspect of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, which is limitless.

"O Mother of Perpetual Help,

Grant that I may ever invoke your most powerful name,

Which is the Safeguard of the living,

And the Salvation of the dying"

-From a prayer on one of my icons of the Blessed Virgin.

Yes, I pray to Mary on occasion, she is to me a comforting extension of God, as Christ is an extension of God, with the fall you have a descended Adam, male, and Eve, female....fallen, corrupted.......Christ and Mary, then male, female, represent Ascencion in that same matter, perfection, the very counter of the fallen nature. She interceeds on our behalf. Just as one needs a father, one needs a mother. Should this be any different with God? At least as we see it here in the physical. In Heaven there is no duality, IMO, only spirit.

Lastly, I have no cause to doubt the Marian apparitions. I believe categorically that the ones the catholic church has approved of are indeed real, and are of God, not the devil, for much good has stemmed from them, even saving the life of the Pope. Further, when one looks at the records of these appearances, she points towards her Son, towards Christ...not herself. Just as Christ continues to act, so does the Mother.

Indeed, Hail the Holy Queen.

Edited by Brahmana

I think she was & is just another ploy to get Pagans to fall in line with Christianty.

Mary's mother was Anna, a prophetess in the Temple. I think Mary was perhaps a Vestal Virgin or at least a virgin who was brought up in the Temple as a firstborn child dedicated to God. And, it makes sense because she was of the king/priest tribe line. The Vestal's were overseen/watched over by the rulers (Rome and other countries too). And, the majority of the royals proclaimed themselves as Gods either while living or were after death. It's probable that a Ruler (king/god) forced himself on the virgin or, it seems more likely to have been part of a religious ceremony as part of fertility rites because Joseph didn't hold it against her, and that says a lot. Sure, his thoughts wavered about marriage, but marriage to a Temple Virgin was a high honor to most of society, especially the Romans. And, the Jewish blood ran in her veins. That would also explain why Jesus was referred to as the "Son of Mary," and the only begotten of the Father. The Vestal or Temple Virgins had a lot of power back then, having a godly child from a religious ceremony was not considered a sin, on the contrary, it was a honor. I also think that is why the Jews didn't accept Jesus as their savior messiah, because his blood line through his mother made him a Jew, but he couldn't claim a Jewish father's tribe, and therefore wasn't in line as a Jewish messiah contender.

This is what the Jewish Encyclopedia on line states:

The very form of his punishment would disprove those claims in Jewish eyes. No Messiah that Jews could recognize could suffer such a death; for "He that is hanged is accursed of God" (Deut. xxi. 23), "an insult to God" (Targum, Rashi).

Of course, it wouldn't be considered polite to say they considered him a bast**d, they would need a legal method of renouncing him. However, like an "All Powerful God", Jesus was open to all nationalities, both men and women, free or slave alike, that is so not Jewish. They choose or prefer to only marry within their tribes.

I also think that Mary may have been from an area where the Jewish blood line wasn't considered as pure as in Jerusalem. But the line of Jewism is carried through the mother's blood, and Mary's family tribe line is listed in the New Testament. So, marriage to a Jewish man was expected.

It took a lot of murder and warring to finally close all the Goddess Temples, and wasn't accomplished until around 400 CE.

Nomen sacrum means "sacred name" in Latin, and can be used to refer to traditions of abbreviated writing of several frequently occurring divine names or titles in early Greek language Holy Scripture.

I think the name "Mary" was a divine name. It is common even today to be name after ancestors, or religious persons. I am.

Grams/Lois :)

Some people say that the person that visits the earth is not the Virgin Mary, but the devil trying to steal away the focous of Jesus Christ.

What do you think?

Salaam (Peace)

I believe she was a pious woman, very Religious and Spiritual.

I do not believe she [or any other creature] should be prayed to or worshiped, and I've found nothing in the Bible or Quran which would mandate something like that, so I guess that practice has come from Priestly or Saintly Visions.

I do not think she visits earth, for healing or any other reason. I don't think those who have seen her are being tricked by the devil. Maybe because of their faith, a healing agent is interpreted by their mind as The Virgin Mary, and some are just imagining things and some folks just lie.

Surah (Chapter) Nineteen is named after her

What do you think?

Can you visualise ME making YOU pregnant and disappearing afterwards? Thats the answer to your search.

Lt and Norwood expressed it well.

Interestingly enough, even the Vatican was built directly on top of a primary pagan worship spot. It's whole purpose was to absorb the pagan faiths in order to make them vanish.

I think there is nothing wrong to praying to her. Have you ever prayed to someone who has died and told them to watch over you? Its the same thing! Catholics do not worship her we just extremely respect the mother of Jesus Christ.

Well said....as a young catholic, we were not taught to worship her either like some god <---protestants like to claim so LOL but deep down, they know that is so not true

Well said....as a young catholic, we were not taught to worship her either like some god <---protestants like to claim so LOL but deep down, they know that is so not true

did you have to as a catholic growing up as I did , that May procession ? The crowning of the Virgin Mary ? lol. not unlike this below ? lmao .

linked-image

always some kid goofing off ! I know my sister has some picks from when we were kids.

did you have to as a catholic growing up as I did , that May procession ? The crowning of the Virgin Mary ? lol. not unlike this below ? lmao .

linked-image

always some kid goofing off ! I know my sister has some picks from when we were kids.

LOL I attended St Marys JHS...and they had this huge statue of Our lady..............I got to see it almost every other day....the princible Mrs O'Neail..was tired of placing me to go stand in the corner...for misbehaving in assembley goofing around.........I was made to stand in the corner, facing the statue....and it got to the point I began to talk to it.....hey mary, its me again..hows it hanging LMAO :lol: took my biro out and used to mark the days off one by one on her feet.........got in so much trouble for that too

But we never crowned her..............nahh not that I know of...........but I was talking to her nearly every day durring assembely....drawing on her feet...doodling who my friends wer and who I thinked they loved :lol:

Although Catholics say they don't worship Mary, but...

As an ex-Catholic, I can say this. If it looks like, swims like, quacks like, and eats like a duck, it is a duck. Same thing with venerating Virgin Mary.

My first thought is that she was a virgin?

The original hebrew text never translates to her as being a virgin (Betulah), just a Young Woman (ha'almah).

I agree with Therion ..... it is a respect issue and praying to her or asking to be watched over or venerated for being wrongly accused of something is not out of her relm of abilities to assist us.

There have been many sightings, many miracles in her name... some have been proved hoaxes, but Im sure just as many are alos truths.

As far as worship to her.... No. This is not acceptable. According to the bible only God is to be worshipped. However I see no wrong in talking to her, or praying as some would call it... or thanking her if one beleives she also has helped them in some way or another, or perhaps brought them comfort in some manner... Is it any different then thanking any other person who has done the same courtesy to ones self? It just respect...and she has mine.

Blessings all....

Personally, I like Joseph for Jesus' father, and I'm not so sure anybody is visiting Earth. But as to Mary's status among those who believe...

Well, if Protestants liked everything Catholics did, then there wouldn't be any Protestants, now would there?

The theory is not obscure. The church is a membership organization which comprises both the living faithful and the dead faithful. The members help one another when asked and when they can. There is no issue about asking a fellow member for help, nor any confusion between asking a fellow member and asking God. Both are called prayer. Only one is called worship.

Mary is dead (some people, even devout Catholics, can get confused here, since it is also dogma that her body ascended into heaven... making for a rollicking national holiday in some Catholic countries on August 15, pretty secular these days, but any excuse to party). Mary is also a saint, a dead church member about whom the Roman church expresses confidence that she made it to heaven. As such, she gets veneration. But that isn't worship, either; rather admiration of a job well done.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02006b.htm

As always in a post like this, explaining what a doctrine is does not imply that I adhere to it, nor am I prepared to defend it. It is what it is, the religious beliefs of a particular church.

Howdy, Warrior. Blessings back at ya :)

What do you think?

I think who she is is who she is; the mother of I am that I am.

But, whom do you say that I am that I am is?

And does He honor his mother and father?

I think it is only right that we honor the person who brought us into this world.

We are the body of Christ.

Edited by greggK

Howdy, Warrior. Blessings back at ya :)

;)

What do you think?

I think she is the most righteous woman ever to grace this earth. Personally, I do not worship or pray to her; but I do make supplication for Mary by asking Allah that he be pleased with her and grant her peace.

I think The Holy woman mary is confused with The Holy spirit Mother, Father's wife, Mother of all spirit on Earth, Other half Of God.

Lourds was seen as Mary, in actuality it was Mother.

It was also Mother who placed the already firtalised egg in Marys womb.

As Mother ask me, you did not think your Father did it did ya?

She kneew what I and Most everyone thinks about this, but she just wanted me to answer And see my jaw drop.

Mary is a blessed Daughter Of Father and Mother, actually Bro Jesus Eternal spirit sister, A holy vessel for the birth of Bro, Because reincarnation is true, He is Older than Mary.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

I think The Holy woman mary is confused with The Holy spirit Mother, Father's wife, Mother of all spirit on Earth, Other half Of God.

Lourds was seen as Mary, in actuality it was Mother.

It was also Mother who placed the already firtalised egg in Marys womb.

As Mother ask me, you did not think your Father did it did ya?

She kneew what I and Most everyone thinks about this, but she just wanted me to answer And see my jaw drop.

Mary is a blessed Daughter Of Father and Mother, actually Bro Jesus Eternal spirit sister, A holy vessel for the birth of Bro, Because reincarnation is true, He is Older than Mary.

Love Omnaka

:P

Because reincarnation is true, He is Older than Mary.

Love Omnaka

i KNEW IT, i KNEW IT, i KNEW IT!!!!!

Hi brother "O"....

Blessings