Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

supposed mokele-mbembe video

axiom

I was in high school grade 13 in 1980-81 when That's Incredible showed the footage of Mokele Mbembe. I was so shocked my jaw practically hit the floor when I saw it. VCR's were just starting to hit the market place and unfortunately we didn't have one yet but I will never forget the footage or the name Mokele Mbembe. This thing had the same kind of eyes as a crocodile (reptilian) only much bigger along with a snake like head after the viper variety and long neck, its head and neck could be seen clearly as it was swimming along the surface of the water. The cameraman got a real good close up of the head and eye, you could see the slit it had for a pupil and It had blotchy skin with a round circular pattern. It didn't show the whole body as it was submerged, only the head and neck could be seen. The man that presented the footage was a Caucasian explorer who traveled to the Congo to get it. For me the footage was proof that dinosaurs never went extinct hundreds of millions of years ago. The video exists but it is obviously buried to keep the evolution lie alive and well. You can't have living proof of dinosaurs walking around today when the textbooks say different I guess.

Remember the word dinosaur was only invented in 1841.(if you don't believe it look it up) Prior to 1841 these creatures were known as dragons.

How is it that you remember a far more detailed video than the one that was actually shown? Dont you see how its probable that what you think you saw has actually grown in detail in your mind over the years?

Why do you think a living dinosaur disproves evolution anyways? The fact that at some time someone coined the term "dinosaur" doesnt have anything to do with when they existed. New species are named all the time, that doesnt mean they didnt exist prior to that. Science names newly discovered things all the time, the naming of them doesnt create them.

Your post has a definate creationist feel to it, too bad they have nothing to back up their point of view unlike evolutionists

• Like 2

I was 13 at the time also (Born in 1968) and I don't remember seeing anything like that at all. What I remember is the video from the airplane showing a animal leaving a trail in the water. Can anyone link to anything that looks like what Stephan is describing??

Here is the footage I remember...

[media=]

[/media]

Looks like a boat to me. The part we're supposed to see as a long neck is just the prow.

Yes, definitely an elephant or a boat. I only leaned towards boat because of the relative distance from the shore. The front being the prow, the back lower where an engine would be. But looking closer, it looks more like an elephant torso with a larger bump at the front where the head would be.

Yep, looks exactly like a elephant swimming with it's truck out of the water.

It is an elephant but I've never seen an elephent with its truck out of water would that be a Mac ? lol just joking. :tu:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The "Thats Incredible" footage was shot in the early part of 1981 on the Oubangui River by the village of Impfondo Congo around 6 am by Kevin Duffy. It aired on the TV show in the fall of 1981. Roy Mackel was right in saying it was not actual footage of the Mokele Mbembe. It was a 15' log that was weighted down on one end and lifted out of the water. Kevin Duffy filmed the event while standing on the sandbar. Alongside him was Dr John Look's son Steve. At the request of Kevin Duffy a short term missionary by the name of Kevin Peterson had the pygmies find the log in the jungle that resembled the head and neck of the Mokele Mbeme . Mr Peterson then sculpted the head and spend approx 1/2 hour in the water during the filming lifting up the log which gave the effect of a dinosaur in the water. The current was flowing around 8 mph which also gave the effect that the creature was swimming up stream.

Kevin Duffy's original goal in this was to give the audience the effect of; was it a dinosaur or just a log in the water. After reading all the quotes on this I guess the effect was more real than Mr Duffy could have hoped for at the time. Of course Mr Duffy did allude to the fact that it was the real thing during his interview on the show. Its tempting to let the myth live but the truth is alway better. If anyone does get the actual footage from " That's Incredible" I would love to see it again. The one poster was right in that VCRs were just coming out and I did not get a copy then either.