Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate Suggestions

Saru

I'm not sure if this was aready mentioned, but, should catholic priests be allowed to marry?

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• AztecInca

• Paranoid Android

• Walken

I dont know if this has ever been done but how about Do Video Games lead to violence.

347575[/snapback]

i second that notion!

While I'm sure it's already been done, or at least suggested....Fox hunting, for and against?

ok here some of my subjection:

-Should hockey players get what they ask for?

-Should we use marie juana instead of ritalin for kids?

-Should Homeopathic medicine be used by modern doctors?

-Is plastic surgery a improvement or a degradation of the value of the human body?

-Should we modify DNA ? (welcome to Gataca)

-Should we test on animals (medicine, make up ...) ?

-Should we create a machine with a conscience?

U.S. nuclear proliferation vs. nuclear disarmament - which one is more safe?

Sovereign rights vs. the UN international law - which sould be the true law of the world?

Are people trully aware of the world they live in and everything that is going on around them or not?

These are all fantastic ideas, thank you all for posting them. Keep them coming!

For now, i'm going to be using firefemme1202 suggestion, 'Gay Marriages'.

I'm so happy my topic is going up...too bad I didn't notice until after two debators were chosen lol, I would have loved to debate that. I gotta stay on my toes around here original.gif

I like the debate idea Aztec put up, about a limit on the number of children we have. China has used that process and it directly affects us with our growing population.

Containment vs. preemptive strikes - Example, Colon Powell is for containment while Donald Rumsfeld is for preemptive strikes.

Star Wars project – First Reagan now Bush, does the US need a 400 billion dollar missile defense system?

Global warming - real vs. not real / real but how concerned should we be?

Health care - is it or is not a human right?

Edited by 4dplane

don't know if it's been done, but what about Death penalty for minors? and how about the rights of obese people to sue fast food restaurants? Those are some interesting debate topics.

Cockfighting

I would personally like to debate anyone on this subject, because i am for it.

Ask around Loch Hunter, if you can find someone willing to debate against you about the subject, PM me and i'll set the debate up for you both. thumbsup.gif

I would definetly start a debate on Mcdonalds: Why should it still exist?

Video Games, why shouldn't they be banned?(I get to say why they shouldn't and you say why they should)

Edited by monkeymanz89

All fantastic suggestions, as always it's hard to choose between which i should use to create a debate.

But i've decided to start a new one, based on monkeymanz89 idea of banning videogames. This has been done before but i'd like to see a new approach to it. original.gif

Thank you for all the ideas. Keep them coming they're all so great!!

There was somthing on the news earlier...It was called Custom Baby or somthing like that. It's used to examine embryoes for disease but some people are against it because you can also choose gender but the rest are discarded, and those are the pro-life people. I would personally debate for it.

Well if you wanna find a debate partner and send me a PM i'll be more than happy to set it up personally for you. original.gif

I would like to debate for free health care. I am seeking an oppenent who will counter my arguments on the general principle that healthcare should not be free. Please drop me a line! I know that there are many of you that do not believe in free health care!!!

Good idea for a debate Vox!

How about, i set the debate up for you, with you already a participant, and then we'll wait and see if anyone else wants to sign up to debate against you, okay?

Send me a PM stating what side of the argument exactly you want to debate on, i'm a little confused on that. Then i'll get it set up for you. original.gif

Has there been any debates regarding Ghosts, UFO's or Psychic Phenomenons? Not that they are debatable, but just curious. I don't think they are debatable...no explained mystery can be debatable...

I want to join an interesting debate, still thinking of one...or maybe someone will post one soon...

oh i have an idea grin2.gif well two really tongue.gif

should the "dont ask, dont tell rule" in the army, still exist.

and should gay/lesbians be banned from the army?