Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All paranormal For $Money$

50Cent

I was just wondering what if all this paranormal tuff you know ghosts, chupacabras, aliens and you know all that what if it is ALL just made up by people just to make the green$$$. What do I think I think some is fake, but then again it all can't be fake can it? What do you guys think what's real and what's not? alien.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 50Cent

• Transhumanism

• Faulkner

• chico del nacho

hell, if everything in this kinda stuff was for money, i'd be at the front of the line. if i can make money that easily, i'll jump for it.

They I suggest you go out there dressed as some kind of creature and take a picture and put it on the internet. You will make millions! rolleyes.gif

I think it's a valid question personally...

Even if no actual money exchanges hands in the design & perpetuating of a hoax, the publicity itself is worth a certain dollar amount and if a stunt is pulled off correctly (witness the dragon in a bottle episode) someone certainly stands to gain financially.

Some, yeah. But I doubt all. You have to approach these things cautiously and with an air of skepticism. Photos, sightings, ect...

But just think about it I bet a lot of people are making a lot of money of some stufthat is not evan true. Pretty smart idea. thumbsup.gif

I think most of this stuff is simply to fill their desire for religion with other types of religions, like ETs and stuff.

Humans are genetically prone to religious thought, so ghosts and Grays and chupacabras fill that area of the brain that craves religion.

I have yet to see any proof whatsoever of these things, but then, that is the definition of this stuff: beyond the scope of science.

I could be wrong though and all this stuff could be real. and I want to learn more and meet aliens and get abducted and talk to dieties and angels and stuff.

Religion? Well everyone gots their own opinion. rolleyes.gif

Religion? Well everyone gots their own opinion. rolleyes.gif

It seems like a religion to me: absolute belief in things which cannot be verified via empiricism. But I am open minded and hope this stuff is true, I desire that deities, ghosts, aliens, and the like exist, it offers the prospects of improving my well being.

Just because some beleive in things don't mean it's religion. They may beleive in something, but that don't mean they worship it and it's their religion. blink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Religion's predicated on belief in the supernatural.

I think a small portion of it is for money -- psychics sure can make a lot (if they get the big start they need to do so). So can a lot of people. But overall, I think it's a small percentage that actually can make money.

The next part, I think, and the majority, is for attention. I'm not saying that the majority of people are consciously attempting to get attention, but I think underlying a great deal of these sightings, reports, etc, is the human desire to have attention, to be special. I mean, think of how interesting you instantly become when you have psi abilities, or have been abducted, seen a UFO, photographed a ghost, etc. Any common photographer would know that almost all of the orb photos are purely naturally occuring with dust specs, etc, yet thousands of 'orb' photos flock in because people want to believe they've experienced a ghost. It gives you attention because someone's looking at your photo and saying 'wow, you caught a really good ghost there!'. Gives you attention because now you yourself feel self-validated in your beliefs there might be ghosts. And it finally gives you attention because now you can use that photo to brag and show off -- look, ma, I took a picture of a ghost at Magic Mountain!

The last part would be the authentic, and by that I don't necessarily mean it's paranormal -- just that it's an authentic wierd sighting that may or may not have a scientific explanation.

Guest Lottie

There has been a boom in the paranormal over the past couple of years and people have jumped on the bandwagon with programmes and celebrity mediums etc making money out of it. I just see it as life and that some people have the ability to see where money is to be made. Lucky them.

so far i think all the paranormal stuff are made up so they could get $$$.

For those in Australia theres this old quarantine centre that it is believed to have ghost in it.The have a ghost tour there (which as usual to make $$$) but it wasn't even scary and we didn't see any ghost.I think you can have a sleep over at the quartine center you cant get out unless you paid to get out.(i think this one is more scarier and probably more likely to see ghost) or just for them to make $$$:D

so far i think all the paranormal stuff are made up so they could get $$$.

For those in Australia theres this old quarantine centre that it is believed to have ghost in it.The have a ghost tour there (which as usual to make $$$) but it wasn't even scary and we didn't see any ghost.I think you can have a sleep over at the quartine center you cant get out unless you paid to get out.(i think this one is more scarier and probably more likely to see ghost) or just for them to make $$$:D

Stuff like that I think is made just for money. I still think there are some things that are real some paranormal things are real and not for money but I think most are for money. original.gif

There is an infintesimal amount of paranormal events that don't make a dime than there are that do!

Most events seem to be more of a personal nature, nor does everybody share their experiences to avoid being labeled nut jobs or con artists trying to make a buck!

I think Anything is possible!

I agree. thumbsup.gifwhistling2.gif