Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists claim to have cloned glowing dogs

trancelikestate

SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean scientists say they have engineered four beagles that glow red using cloning techniques that could help develop cures for human diseases.

The four dogs, all named "Ruppy" — a combination of the words "ruby" and "puppy" — look like typical beagles by daylight.

But they glow red under ultraviolet light, and the dogs' nails and abdomens, which have thin skins, look red even to the naked eye.

linked-imageRead more...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admiral Danger

• Eternal Light

• chemical-licker

• trancelikestate

:blink: i dont wish to see a glowing dog though.

I doubt that the scientists did either. I suspect that it was done this way so that they could clearly see, immediately, whether the gene's had 'taken.'

:blink: i dont wish to see a glowing dog though.

I am sorry to tell you this. But the dog will only glow under a particular light. They are injected with Green Flourescent Protein (GFP), there have been dogs,cats,pigs,rats,bats,birds.. It is a protein extracted from Jelly Fish. Its more humane than getting your animal NEUTERED, they don't feel a thing and still look normal unless you shine a special light on them. Look how we look under black-lights (that is so cruel). Lets question something like ultrasounds or 3D ultrasounds, blasting are children with radiation. We wonder why we have autism and the likes... There are so much more things to be p***y about than a dog glowing green. Quite frankly I am over green animals. ON WITH THE REAL CHIMERAS! Come on people, lets just drop the GFP Pupps, this news is old boring and not worth being a headline... Still not as sad as the huge alligator headline from yesterday, all anyone needs to do is just a 'incy wincy' bit of research and see that its a highly circulated pic..

Atleast they will be easier to find at night

does this mean hot dogs will glow too

was this not posted a while back?

I only remember seeing the one about glowing pigs a while ago. But it seems it's done to various animals.

I know, I know, power of science, knowledge is good and so on, but I still get creeped out every time I read something like this... :(

To me the fact that they gave all four the same name suggests the kind of clinical coldness that could make cloning dangerous.

We can't cure cancer...or Aids... or the damn flu for that matter.. but we celebrate when we clone a black light friendly dog.

Kill me now.

We can't cure cancer...or Aids... or the damn flu for that matter.. but we celebrate when we clone a black light friendly dog.

Kill me now.

Read past the head line please. There's good reason for doing this.

was this not posted a while back?

Yup, glow-in-the-dark puppies article, I remember that too, EMM :yes:

Kill me now.

which uncurable method do you want to go by?