Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark of the Covenant "will not be revealed"

UM-Bot

covenant.jpg
After a recent announcement involving the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant millions waited with baited breath, now it has been claimed that there was never any intention to reveal it with blame being passed to the journal that published the news.

"Yesterday, millions were waiting to watch eagerly the Ark of the Covenant revealed. A day passed but it was not made public. “No, the ark is not going to be revealed. Nobody could touch it. If you do so, God will smite you.” Abune Paulos Aba Gebremedhin said."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Ethiopian Review

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTimeRadio

• mindibee

• Ghost Ship

• Siara

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“No, the ark is not going to be revealed. Nobody could touch it. If you do so, God will smite you.”

A classic Judaic-Christian-Islamic comment. God is remote. He's not accessible to "ordinary" people. If the wrong person tries to approach Him He will become angry and "smite" them. God is one hostile dude, I guess.

What does "smite" mean anyway? Would a lighting bolt suddenly come out of the sky and fry the offender?

A classic Judaic-Christian-Islamic comment. God is remote. He's not accessible to "ordinary" people. If the wrong person tries to approach Him He will become angry and "smite" them. God is one hostile dude, I guess.

What does "smite" mean anyway? Would a lighting bolt suddenly come out of the sky and fry the offender?

No, the bible is very clear on the matter. He flies down from heaven on "huge wings" and flames them with fire that spews directly from his mouth. Yahweh's fire breathing ability is stated in both Psalms and II Samuel. All of that fire breathing, his lust for treasure, and appetite for unblemished lambs, fatted calves, first born children and Midianite virgins probably led to the conclusion of both the Gnostic Christians and the Zoroastrian Persians that Yahweh is a dragon..... no different than the dragon deities in other parts of the world.

But the possession of the original Ark of the covenant by the Ethiopians is pure nonsense, and the only way this armpit of humanity can get any attention by gullible fools. The real Ark appears to have been taken away by Yahweh himself after King Hezekiah had foolish broken His idol of a "Fiery flying Serpent", that had been worshipped from the time Moses made it following Yahweh's instructions. After the idol was broken, Yahweh abandoned the people and allowed Jerusalem to be coquered and the people sold into slavery.

What a load of crap, like the vatican would leave such an item like that in the hands of the people of the Ethopian people, yet have all kinds of stuff locked away in the vatican archives but not the ark of the covenant. God isn't real, the bible is a fairy tale story and all religons are nothing more then a cult. I mean why boast you have it in a tiny little house with a couple of measly guards and no one is allow to see or touch, why? don't want people to know it's all make believe.

Like i said before. Bad idea. This lends credence to it actually being real and those owning it knowing of it's power.

this whole thing isn't a big suprise to me at all. i was expecting not to see the ark of the covenant for one reason or the other.

Like i said before. Bad idea. This lends credence to it actually being real and those owning it knowing of it's power.

What better way to keep people under control?

Make out something divine, and keep it from view so no one can succesfully dispute it. And the only people who can say, are the ones saying they have it.

It's like if I tell you I have a time traveling stop watch, and when I wind it forward, I go forward in time and vice versa. I won't show it to you though, because if I do it'll 'cause time to stop, and become seperate from Space, thus destroying the Universe.

No, the bible is very clear on the matter. He flies down from heaven on "huge wings" and flames them with fire that spews directly from his mouth. Yahweh's fire breathing ability is stated in both Psalms and II Samuel. All of that fire breathing, his lust for treasure, and appetite for unblemished lambs, fatted calves, first born children and Midianite virgins probably led to the conclusion of both the Gnostic Christians and the Zoroastrian Persians that Yahweh is a dragon..... no different than the dragon deities in other parts of the world.

But the possession of the original Ark of the covenant by the Ethiopians is pure nonsense, and the only way this armpit of humanity can get any attention by gullible fools. The real Ark appears to have been taken away by Yahweh himself after King Hezekiah had foolish broken His idol of a "Fiery flying Serpent", that had been worshipped from the time Moses made it following Yahweh's instructions. After the idol was broken, Yahweh abandoned the people and allowed Jerusalem to be coquered and the people sold into slavery.

That is one interpretation, and not a very popular one by the way.

The Lord God also blasted the enemy with earthquakes, lightnings and arrows in 2nd Samuel. They also call him their Rock and Fortress. Seems more likely it was some kind of flying fortress then a scaled monster.

Zoroastrian's are not Christian and not even Monotheists. They believe in duo gods of equal dark and light. Gnostics Christians, I believe, are not really considered Christians either. They are as close in beliefs to modern Protestant and Catholic Christians as Scientology is.

What a load of crap, like the vatican would leave such an item like that in the hands of the people of the Ethopian people, yet have all kinds of stuff locked away in the vatican archives but not the ark of the covenant. God isn't real, the bible is a fairy tale story and all religons are nothing more then a cult. I mean why boast you have it in a tiny little house with a couple of measly guards and no one is allow to see or touch, why? don't want people to know it's all make believe.

I think you are right. Unless there is something to the "Can not be touched" myth, then it could still be there. But, if it can not be carried off then why hide it? Plus, It read a story a while ago that the Israeli's carried off the original Ark from Ethopia back after WW2 in the 1960's.

But the possession of the original Ark of the covenant by the Ethiopians is pure nonsense
I disagree. Alexandria was a terrifically important center of learning in the ancient world and if the ark existed (or still existed) when Rome began forming it's empire it would be natural to move it to Africa. Once in Africa it's not impossible to visualize it traveling up the Nile. Now days we think of Ethiopia as nowhere but in the ancient world it was associated with Nubia, a very advanced, highly intellectual culture. I don't think the ancients would regard Ethiopia as the boonies. Their take would be that the ark was being brought to one of the traditional seats of knowledge for safe keeping.

This is typical of these people,probably all a lie anyhow,probably making all believe the ark really exsists just to keep people believing and in line

For one thing why lie about it? I don't see the reward for lying.

And another, if they did have it why would they keep it secret? Why is it that everyone wants God to exist so badly and they believe so vehemently in his existence but everything is so secret with these religious types. It's as if they know that they're wrong so they try and be extra mysterious.

Regardless we all know it's stored in a government facility in a wooden crate along with the bodies from Roswell.

it's a myth. if there is a box sitting there it's a man made myth with no power at all..... otherwise don't you think they would have used it by now ??

http://www.ethiopianreview.com/news/5626

Ah, here we are getting somewhere... finally proof that there is a mythical box, given to a mythical person and presented to his mythical son by a mythical king...and an archbishop reigning over it all....

wonderful...not even Hollywood would dare...

Ah, here we are getting somewhere... finally proof that there is a mythical box, given to a mythical person and presented to his mythical son by a mythical king...and an archbishop reigning over it all....

wonderful...not even Hollywood would dare...

yes but man would. if it existed it would have been used by now . If it concours all enemies ? Israel would have utilized it ... or the Etheopians. instead of letting wars rage on and on.

it's a myth. just like Jesus rising from the dead and moses talking to a burning bush. Just like Zeus , Mithra ect............ myth.

Well if they're scared of getting their face burned off by touching it im sure there is plenty of people who would volunteer to including me. I highly doubt it really is anything. If Ethiopia had a weapon like that im sure they would use it. I would volunteer to be "smited" and I know there is a good number of people just on this site who would love to test it out.

Im not sure how well its guarded but I would think by now someone would try to steal it. Assuming it is the "real" ark could you not sell it for a couple million? Since it is in Africa of all place you would think someone think about that especially the guards. They're paid to protect something they can't see. I can imagine someone easily rolling up paying the guards like 100k each and then putting it in the back of a truck and driving away. Im sure the head priest doesn't check it everyday so it could be out of the country by the time he checks it. Yea that sounds incredibly illegal but I just cant help but think how that did not happen by now. I hope I didn't give anyone ideas because as DC said you don't want a giant dragon smiting you and eating your virgins, especially since most of our knights are pretty weak, Ex: Elton John.

What better way to keep people under control?

Make out something divine, and keep it from view so no one can successfully dispute it. And the only people who can say, are the ones saying they have it.

It's like if I tell you I have a time traveling stop watch, and when I wind it forward, I go forward in time and vice versa. I won't show it to you though, because if I do it'll 'cause time to stop, and become separate from Space, thus destroying the Universe.

Nowadays everyone trusts no one and all the governments are viewed as corrupt. If such things are claimed to be yet remain hidden - in todays world people aren't going to believe.

There are smart people out there, who can and are, easily taking advantage of the mentality of people today. If people actually believed in the Ark of the Covenant then it would have been stolen and exposed by now but people are smarter then that aren't' they? :ph34r: People aren't going to try and find it to expose it because of course it isn't real.

People in todays world are doing the secret governments work for them. B)

Edited by Ghost Ship

Nowadays everyone trusts no one and all the governments are viewed as corrupt.

What do you mean "nowadays"? I think that every generation in the history of mankind has thought

1. all governments are corrupt

2. the upcoming generation of teenagers is lazy, poorly mannered and amoral

3. the world in general is going to hell in a handbasket.

What a totall backwards nation.

Somebody please "smite" this man with a bullet so the rest of us normal people can gaze upon a priceless artifact.

What do you mean "nowadays"? I think that every generation in the history of mankind has thought

Point taken. :)

I can remember when I could leave milk money on the porch under the empties and leave the back door and windows open all night, all summer long.

Would not do that now, no sir. I reckon that handbasket is going to come in handy yet.