Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Slender Man is upon us

Tokemus

How is this for a movie plot.

Five friends thought they were going to have the camping trip of a lifetime. It will turn out to be a deadly one. A tall, slender man is waiting, in the shadows to strike,and he will bring their worst fears to life. Starts summer 20??.

Just thought of it. :P

Hehehe love it... Okay how about...

Investigating the legend behind the local cemetary, a dozen pre-teens set out for an adventure of a lifetime. Little did they know, they would never return. One-by-one tree-like tenicles silently ripped them from this earth, never to be seen again :D

Okay that sucked but I tried...

The slender man is more scary than most hollywood creations wouldn't you say? :lol:

I started writing a screenplay about Slender Man! But then my girlfriend broke up with me and now I'm too much of a wreck to write.

It was about a teenage couple who have a child. Their lives are messed up badly and the only thing keeping them together is their love for their daughter.

Their kid starts being plagued by horrible visions and one night a mist rolls in and for one horrific night the young parents are forced through a hellish torture

by the grotesque Slender Man.

Ultimately they must make the worst choice of all, let Slender Man take them both - or their daughter.

(Lol it was quite meh)

It's a Myth or Legend...

He has multiple tenticle-like arms and is roughly 7 foot tall and extremely slim :) He prefers to steal children.

It's a Myth or Legend...

He has multiple tenticle-like arms and is roughly 7 foot tall and extremely slim :) He prefers to steal children.

then he should be hunted and killed funny arms or not.

It's a Myth or Legend...

May I ask where you heard he had multiple "tentacles"?? That's not the description I heard.....

Im confused now... :huh:

I thought he was like a normal man only waaayyyy taller...meaning he had only two man-like limbs and was dressed in a business suit.....

And those youtube videos of the Slender Man seem to portray him that way as well.

Idk anymore!!! :unsure:

And before anybody gets too confused, this is a made up cryptid. Shouldn't this be moved to another forum?

The Slender Man was

created at the Something Awful Forums in a thread entitled "Create Paranormal Images." He is described as wearing a black suit

strikingly similar to the visage of the notorious Men In Black, and as the name suggests, appears very thin and

able to stretch his limbs and torso to inhuman lengths in order to induce fear and ensnare his prey.

Once his arms are outstretched, his victims are put into something of a hypnotized state,

where they are utterly helpless to stop themselves from walking into them. He is also able to create tendrils from

his fingers and back that he uses to walk on in a similar fashion

to Doc Ock, the Spider-Man villain in the Marvel Universe. The superhuman stretching ability could also be seen as a

similiarty between himself and Mr. Fantastic of the Fantastic Four. Whether he absorbs, kills, or mearly takes his

victims to an undiclosed location or dimension is also unknown as there are never any bodys or evidence left

behind in his wake to deduce a definite conclusion.

Not much is known, as no specific information is given within the thread about origins,

but his objective and habitat are made very clear.

He has the need to kidnap children, and is seen right before the disappearance of a child or

multiple children. He seems to prefer fog enshrouded streets and wooded areas as a way to conceal himself from being noticed. It should also be noted that

children have been able to see him when no other adults in the vicinity could. Children also have dreams or

nightmares concerning The Slender Man before their disappearance. Confiding these stories to their parents are met with the usual parental admonition:

overactive imaginations.

Found this on the web.I wonder what he does with those children.....Nevermind I don't want to know. :no:

Edited by KillerRabbit

I think that the Slender Man is so terrifying because it reflects how if you tell your parents that there is a monster in your closet they laugh it off. But if there really were a monster, they'd still laugh it off and that really messes up a lot of kids.

This sounds a lot like something a lot of my friends from Texas have described to me. Has anyone ever heard of La Chusa? Supposedly a creature that haunts the woods and calls out the names of people it encounters. Replying to the call always seems to end in some kind of tragedy.

This sounds a lot like something a lot of my friends from Texas have described to me. Has anyone ever heard of La Chusa? Supposedly a creature that haunts the woods and calls out the names of people it encounters. Replying to the call always seems to end in some kind of tragedy.

Slender Man could have gotten his start from some other horror stories. But I for one have never heard of anything like it =]

Hehehe love it... Okay how about...

Investigating the legend behind the local cemetary, a dozen pre-teens set out for an adventure of a lifetime. Little did they know, they would never return. One-by-one tree-like tenicles silently ripped them from this earth, never to be seen again :D

Okay that sucked but I tried...

I started writing a screenplay about Slender Man! But then my girlfriend broke up with me and now I'm too much of a wreck to write.

It was about a teenage couple who have a child. Their lives are messed up badly and the only thing keeping them together is their love for their daughter.

Their kid starts being plagued by horrible visions and one night a mist rolls in and for one horrific night the young parents are forced through a hellish torture

by the grotesque Slender Man.

Ultimately they must make the worst choice of all, let Slender Man take them both - or their daughter.

(Lol it was quite meh)

There both great, some good acting and setting and they both have potential. :)

Slender Man could have gotten his start from some other horror stories. But I for one have never heard of anything like it =]

It's like that feeling you get you are being watched has come to like. :unsure2:

P.S. Thanks Saru for resizing my other post. :tu:

Interesting idea if nothing else. Shows how someone can make something up, others join in the help build a story, and then late comers show up and start believing it's real.

There both great, some good acting and setting and they both have potential. :)

Well... I have this rotting abandoned house behind my own and two of my best buddies are professional actors? Iunno, the idea of Slender man would be VERY hard to capture in a filmic medium.

Interesting idea if nothing else. Shows how someone can make something up, others join in the help build a story, and then late comers show up and start believing it's real.

Thats what I like about it. The only thing is, all the websites etc. on the slender man say that he doesn't exist, explicitly on the page. Why are there no sites that just say "The Slender Man is an unexplained creature..." without the fakeness?

Exactlly. :yes:

Entry #09 is out :D Except no Slender Man is visible =[

The mystery is getting deeper. Can't wait for more. :)

Thats what I like about it. The only thing is, all the websites etc. on the slender man say that he doesn't exist, explicitly on the page. Why are there no sites that just say "The Slender Man is an unexplained creature..." without the fakeness?

Because he's not real silly :lol:

Are you saying that a fictional character is being spotted in the real world?

That's an idea well worth discussing.

John Keel wrote nearly 40 years ago that the Greenwich Village apartment where Maxwell Grant conceived The Shadow and wrote millions of words concerning him was subsequently haunted by his most famous fictional creation.

Similar stories are told regarding the Brooklyn apartment where horror master H. P. Lovecraft lived and wrote during the mid-1920s.

OMG are you really talking about that terrible made-up story the Slender Man is? i mean, SRSLY?

OMG are you really talking about that terrible made-up story the Slender Man is? i mean, SRSLY?

Grammar, please?