Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Months w/ 34 days. and other anomalies.

idfwgei8edf

Sup guys, I dont know if this is the right place to post this but oh well.

Does anyone else here by ANY chance happen to have some memories of months having 34 days???

i know its strange but i clearly remember when i was a little kid I use to hear people constantly saying it was 34th or 32nd or 33rd of whatever month we were in. I clearly remember months having more than 31 days. I've asked other people and they just look at me like "wtf".

I also remember one time i was facisnated with saw sharks, so i decided to look it up online, and not once did i come across anything about saw sharks! Like they did not exist.

And i remember asking people about them and no one seemed to know about them.

One day, out of the blue, i decided to look em up again and I easily found them.

This has been bothering me for a long time now and i cant forget about it.

I dont know where im going with this but i just want to know if anyone else remembers something like this or this type of memory.

Also, I experience deja vu about 4 times per week, if that helps with some theories about this.

Could this all be amnesia of something. I know its NOT my imagination cause like i said I clearly remember all that clearly.

So what do you guys think? Be as cruel as you want.

Edited by idfwgei8edf

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• idfwgei8edf

• HerNibs

• OldTimeRadio

• lookingfortruth

Could they have been dreams that you percieved as being real?

My two cents - We joke about it being the "32nd" sometimes being silly. Maybe that is what you heard and it stuck in your head.

As for the shark -

linked-image

*needs more wine*

Nibs

Maybe the folks you heard it from were just joking and you misunderstood? Like when I was a kid, I thought there were six seasons: spring, summer, fall, Indian summer, fall, winter. I knew Sept. 21 had come and gone, but my elders kept talking about how it was Indian summer, so I decided it was a season. Decidedly short, but a season.

Could they have been dreams that you percieved as being real?

haha nah i clearly remember it as being real.

My two cents - We joke about it being the "32nd" sometimes being silly. Maybe that is what you heard and it stuck in your head.

As for the shark -

linked-image

*needs more wine*

Nibs

No, I even remember looking at calendars and seeing those dates.

Maybe the folks you heard it from were just joking and you misunderstood? Like when I was a kid, I thought there were six seasons: spring, summer, fall, Indian summer, fall, winter. I knew Sept. 21 had come and gone, but my elders kept talking about how it was Indian summer, so I decided it was a season. Decidedly short, but a season.

I see what you're saying but it wasnt just my parents or family I heard it from, It was from everyone else.

I would be wiling to bet it was a joke you just werent a part of; and too young to understand. When money was tight and the rent check needed to go out we used to joke about it not being the 1st of the month, but the 32nd of the previous month; hence the rent check was not late :)

Had a young person been around to hear that...they wouldnt have been able to tell if what we were saying were a joke or not.

That would be my guess what happened to you. Nowhere has there been 33 days in a month.

I would be wiling to bet it was a joke you just werent a part of; and too young to understand. When money was tight and the rent check needed to go out we used to joke about it not being the 1st of the month, but the 32nd of the previous month; hence the rent check was not late :)

Had a young person been around to hear that...they wouldnt have been able to tell if what we were saying were a joke or not.

That would be my guess what happened to you. Nowhere has there been 33 days in a month.

hmm idk cause i heard it from everyone, not just family. Plus, like i said, I remember seeing it on calendars.

No, I even remember looking at calendars and seeing those dates.

Shouldn't be too hard to google for calendars from when you were younger to see if they had dates 32-34 then would it?

Unless of course you believe there is a vast global conspiracy regarding the lengths of months that was purposefully changed on a global scale simply to disprove your and your alone memories of such a thing.

When I was around eight years old I had a cousin five years my senior who had me absolutely convinved that he was born on "June Eleventeenth."

Shouldn't be too hard to google for calendars from when you were younger to see if they had dates 32-34 then would it?

Unless of course you believe there is a vast global conspiracy regarding the lengths of months that was purposefully changed on a global scale simply to disprove your and your alone memories of such a thing.

That's not what im implying dude. Im just asking if anyone else here has the same sort of memories. Idk could be past life memory, or something a long the lines...parallel universes??? dk

When I was around eight years old I had a cousin five years my senior who had me absolutely convinved that he was born on "June Eleventeenth."

LOL

Edited by idfwgei8edf

I do not recall anything of the sort, but I must agree with the others. When you're younger, your mind can easily be fooled. People may be talking and joking about the 34th of the month. With some calendars having the next month dates in blank spots, it's possible that you saw those numbers as 32, 33 or 34. It would work well if the month ended at 30 and had the first 4 days listed for the next month as well.

I've had times where I looked something up and found no information on it. I then go back later and suddenly information. But I know why it's happening, because luckily I told my friend and they kind of helped me.

What probably happened is that you thought some other word similar to "saw" and searched for it. Because you couldn't find information, you assumed there was something wrong. Then you returned and used the correct wording for it. Your association with the object as "saw shark" made you forget the word you actually searched. Thus, making you fool yourself into believing that one time you couldn't find any information about it. I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't know what you were talking about either, nor could they necessarily remember what you exactly said due to the same principal. I got lucky that a friend of mine recalled what I said, and not what I meant- because I tend to do that a lot more than I knew.

Hopefully this helps you some. As for the deja vu, many people experience it. I've heard theories of why some do more than others- possibly even a brain dysfunction- but I'm sure you can google it. Best of luck.

I'm surprised that nobody has ever (yet) re-interpreted the Marathon Dances of the Great Depression as the "Dancing Mania of 1932."

Aww, so cute. lol

lmao! you guys are making me feel retarded. Brain dysfunction??? gee thanks.

No, not retarded or suffering brain dysfunction. Simply that you became convinced in the truth of a falsehood and have (it would appear) constructed memories to support that belief (hence your 'memories' of seeing calendars with 34 day months).

Constructed (false) memories are an interesting phenomenon and call into question what we may perceive as real or history may not have existed at all.

believe it or not i had an experienec like this once before too. I was reading a book and opened to the first page, and there was no table of contents. I closed it then opened it again and there was. I thought that was strange cause I swore that there wasn't. dimensional shift? who knows. its interesting though

...Or it's possible that the empty/blank page that usually follows the table of contents got stuck to the table of contents page. It happens to me all the time, it's just static electricity.

These memories may have been created by the OP rather than experienced. I think that someone may have made an offhand joke, or was maybe even directly funning with the OP at some point. From there, the OP's mind may have created the false memories of calendars and further conversations about the 32nd of the month. I don't know if I have expressed the point very well, so I will use an example. When I was really little, my grandfather used to tell me stories about his childhood. I enjoyed them so thoroughly, and knew many of the people in those stories, that there was a point where I was not sure if they were even his stories anymore, or if some of those things happened to me. I sorted it out as I got older, but I can see where I might not have.

As for the sharks... can't help you there. If I Google them they are everywhere.

...Or it's possible that the empty/blank page that usually follows the table of contents got stuck to the table of contents page. It happens to me all the time, it's just static electricity.

could be but I doubt it because it was several pages long. who knows

No, not retarded or suffering brain dysfunction. Simply that you became convinced in the truth of a falsehood and have (it would appear) constructed memories to support that belief (hence your 'memories' of seeing calendars with 34 day months).

Constructed (false) memories are an interesting phenomenon and call into question what we may perceive as real or history may not have existed at all.

Yep and remembering childhood memories is very difficult and is likely to be highly, highly inaccurate. though failing to find saw sharks on the internet is embarrassing.

Though that picture Her Nibs is a sawfish not a saw shark, the gill on a shark are always on the flanks, that one has spiracles and underside gills making a ray and hence a sawfish (sorry for the nerdiness)

Yep and remembering childhood memories is very difficult and is likely to be highly, highly inaccurate. though failing to find saw sharks on the internet is embarrassing.

Though that picture Her Nibs is a sawfish not a saw shark, the gill on a shark are always on the flanks, that one has spiracles and underside gills making a ray and hence a sawfish (sorry for the nerdiness)

Go full nerd!!! Post a pic!

:P

Nibs

Go full nerd!!! Post a pic!

:P

Nibs

:P I used to work with sawfish so I know them quite well. To be fair looking up sawshark mainly brings up pics of sawfish.

linked-image

This is a Japanese sawshark

You can see the gills there and the saw is slightly different.

:P I used to work with sawfish so I know them quite well. To be fair looking up sawshark mainly brings up pics of sawfish.

linked-image

This is a Japanese sawshark

You can see the gills there and the saw is slightly different.

Freaking cool looking fish!!! :D Thanks!

I think they are calling a sawfish a saw shark at hubby's work...gonna have to point this out to him.

Nibs