Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why we dream about dead people?

Bozena

Hi to all,

After death of my mother she came into my dreams many times in ten years. I wonder, why?

About dreaming: one woman told me, that we dream about somebody who is thinking about us, or we owe something to that person. My mother couldn’t think about me. Or yes?

Who has experiences with such a dreaming?

Thank you for any answer.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bozena

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• glorybebe

• puridalan

I beleive these are visits from your mom to say hello to you... They come in dreams for some.

Christ is close to you as well....

Blessings

My mom died when I was 19 and now at the age of 36, I still have occasional dreams about her, though sadly, even in a dream, it has become harder to remember what she looked like - family bonds and love are powerful things.

Lets not forget our loved pets too... they come as well.

I have dreams about my Mom all the time as well and she died 4 years ago, we dream about our lost loved ones because we miss them.

I beleive these are visits from your mom to say hello to you... They come in dreams for some.

Christ is close to you as well....

Blessings

Thank you. That is true: maybe she wanted to tell me something, as she has missed me a lot. I was very early away from the home and have visited her once a year for one month.

Blessings to you.

My mom died when I was 19 and now at the age of 36, I still have occasional dreams about her, though sadly, even in a dream, it has become harder to remember what she looked like - family bonds and love are powerful things.

Hi, thank you.

As I believe in Reincarnation (I have done Regression because of chronic pains) that means her spirit wasn't reincarnated?

I have dreams about my Mom all the time as well and she died 4 years ago, we dream about our lost loved ones because we miss them.

Thank you.

Of course, I miss her very much because she was my mother and my father (father died, when I was child).

My father died 2 years ago February and my mom died this past January and I dream of them ALL THE TIME. I have to agree Kim, it's because I miss the both terribly.

In a perfect world, I wish it was because they were telling me something or helping me in life. But realistically I don't think that's the case.

Girls... Dont be so quick to dismiss them as just dreams...

See if you can remember the communication... was it talking as normally back and forth, or was it a nonverbal telepathic type understanding of thoughts... thats the difference..

While its true we dream of our loved ones because we miss them, we often get visits and dont recogonise them as such...

I alos beleive in reincarnation as Paloma does. When they dont come anymore, its because theyve come back already.

This is the case with my grandmother and grandfather. Not once haave they come to me. Gram was gifted...and a very old soul... no pun intended. They both did not stay long before coming back.

On the other hand Ive had my pets come too, including a horse... lol and my neighbors dog who died, oh about 7 or 8 years ago... Definately a visit. I wasnt thinking about Sally (the dog) and havent seen her in years either... When we are open and susceptable to their coming, its like a moth to a flame... when they know they can get thru to us, they will come.

Blessings girls

I guess it's just your minds way of compensating for you not being able to be with them in any other way. I'm sure everyone has dreams about people they miss and have lost in one way or another.

I agree with Starbelly, it can be something as simple as missing our loved ones.

I'm the wet blanket in this thread as I don't go in for reincarnation or spirits - not saying those aren't possible or don't happen - it just doesn't happen to be in my worldview, currently.

I believe part of your brain keep your mother alive for you. In my mind all my relative are alive, and believe me I have several relatives dead, I am the last one of my family alive....

No honey...Its the heart that keeps them alive for us.... its the love.

Of all the people I've seen die, I've only dreamed about two of my grandparents. Mostly my grandfather. I always know they're supposed to be gone. They never talk. Usually my grandfather just hugs me and smiles.

I'd like to think it was them. A big part of me doubts it, but another part of me hopes it's somehow them.

My grandma and grandpa came to me in a dream, and grandma told me to tell everyone they loved them and that they were happy, as they were together. I truly believe that loved ones visit us to say good-bye and/or to put our minds at rest.

I believe part of your brain keep your mother alive for you. In my mind all my relative are alive, and believe me I have several relatives dead, I am the last one of my family alive....

Is there a COnecticut connection for you????

My grandma and grandpa came to me in a dream, and grandma told me to tell everyone they loved them and that they were happy, as they were together. I truly believe that loved ones visit us to say good-bye and/or to put our minds at rest.

It must be lovely to have someone like that whom you loved in a dream conveying things to you...If that dream was true I am sure their love was true ....

Thanks

B???

Edited by behaviour???

Bozena

I cannot get anything truely clear. But I will tell you this when I saw you type 'mother' something bad not good happened. My eyes like really went large and I'm really worried..like really worried. Your mother if anything is trying to tell you something about to really really bad..like even I don't know how bad is about ot happen.

Be alert, I'll try to find out more. By the way I just got picture of sand in my head.

I just got the medicine I believe called lodgegenzders

loggengers....what deos this mean

right after i got the word 'candy corn'

Edited by puridalan

My partners Nan passed away about 6 years ago, I was close to her especially towards the end of her life I was with her when she passed away. Some months after her death I had a very vivid dream of sitting with her in a house i did not recongise she was different younger happier she spoke to me but not through speech it was as if she just added it to my thoughts. We was sat on a big brown sofa as i looked at her I noticed her eyes were a dark brown and her hair was brown and curly (not as she looked when I met her) she pointed towards the back of the sofa and there was her in her hosptial bed dying, I got the feeling she was happy at peace she was telling me it was ok as I was upset by seeing her in the bed.

When i awoke and later that day explained to my mother in law my strange dream she went grey and said "we had a brown sofa at the time Mum had her hair brown and curly !! "She knew as i did that i did not know this information and had never seen photos of Nan younger !! To this day I believe she came to me. This dream was one of many I have had of the dead and the furtrue they are always extremely vivid.

I dreamt of my sister in law having twins a boy and a girl i was playing with them as toddlers in a field we was on a big hill I dreamt they fell from the hill and i could not find them i was very distressed in my dream. I mentioned the dream to my family members who said "Its just a dream" A week later my sister in law confirmed she was pregnant with twins but sadly miscarried weeks later.

I would appreciate peoples views on this because myself believe these dreams felt different to other dreams they were more prominent.

It must be lovely to have someone like that whom you loved in a dream conveying things to you...If that dream was true I am sure their love was true ....

Thanks

B???

It was very special, I was sad, because I missed them both so much, yet I felt so happy that they were together and let me know they were OK.

As no scientist has isolated the soul to determine its location or its physical properties, referring to the mind or the heart will reveal personal beliefs that are unproductive to argue over.

The perception of a deceased individual in dreams can cause the dreamer to seek meaning, and offer the opportunity to reflect on the feelings such a dream evokes.

Taken objectively, can this experience be compared to "Phantom Limb Syndrome"?

I'm not so much sugesting the deceased has a kind of "Phantom Body Syndrome", but more along the lines of: the dreamers perceptions of the deceased are likely due to the feelings habitually
associated with
the deceased, and so the image is made manifest in the Realm. IMO

I recently dreamed about a woman, my arm was slung around her waist and I pulled her to me as we walked and I felt her warm body, the comfort was reasuring as we gazed deep into each others eyes and smiled with such joy. She wore white linen and everything was so real and defined. She told me: "I always liked you more than your brother because you've always had that "depth" about you." As I awoke I realized I dreamed of the girl I grew up next door to. Jeanie passed away 15 years ago, when I was in the Navy. We had both found our loves and married them, but when we were younger, right out of high school, we had a summer romance I do remember fondly. I'm single now and I guess my desire for that feeling again called up the memory of how exciting it can feel, and how I miss her.

Edited by HDesiato

• 2 weeks later...
Bozena

I cannot get anything truely clear. But I will tell you this when I saw you type 'mother' something bad not good happened. My eyes like really went large and I'm really worried..like really worried. Your mother if anything is trying to tell you something about to really really bad..like even I don't know how bad is about ot happen.

Be alert, I'll try to find out more. By the way I just got picture of sand in my head.

Since I have paid Mess in the Church for my mother I didn't dream her anymore.

About bad what happened: it happened many bad things in 5 years and there is only III World War waiting for me. Maybe would be better after?

What means picture of sand in your head?

Regards,

B.

I lost one of my dearest friends several years ago, and have had many dreams about him. These dreams used to upset me as he was always kind of non-verbal and unhappy. We would be in restaurants or other public places and he would be sitting with me, but just kind of mute and distant. These dreams were always very vivid.

This past year I've started dreaming about him and he seems much more himself, as he was before he died. Funny and talkative. I don't know if it's me working through grief or him working through the events of his short life. I do feel much better when he comes for to visit me now.