Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
SRCivic98

To help improve education

Type of Teacher   10 members have voted

1. 1. Which teacher would you listen to?

• old school teachers
    • young and attractive teachers
    • fancy dressed teachers
    • teachers that dress attractive
    • Any of the Above, with certain guide lines.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

hey ya'll. I keep hearing about how students are paying attention in school or at work or things like that. So I figured I would start a poll on asking what kind of teacher do you think people are more likely to listen to now a days? Or you can choose what type of teacher do you want to see in school. Either way, just so long as the answer is a logical one and you state your reasons. The reason why I posted this in the psychological area is because well...it kind of is if you think about it. Alright well that's all, looking forward to hearing all of ya'll's answers.

I say each teacher should have to dress up like an iconographic figure from the field they are trying to teach, ie a Science teacher should have to dress up like Newton and they should be forced to take a method acting approach and even pretend to be these figures in their spare time and if they don't they get fed to the wolves, literally.

....And that would make me want to learn.

I recall liking teachers that who had a decent personality and actually seemed to enjoy what they did (and knew their material). That was surprisingly rare.

Posted (edited)

hey ya'll. I keep hearing about how students are paying attention in school or at work or things like that. So I figured I would start a poll on asking what kind of teacher do you think people are more likely to listen to now a days? Or you can choose what type of teacher do you want to see in school. Either way, just so long as the answer is a logical one and you state your reasons. The reason why I posted this in the psychological area is because well...it kind of is if you think about it. Alright well that's all, looking forward to hearing all of ya'll's answers.

No one is going to like my answer (I dont think anyway)..

In my opinion, the job as a teacher is THE most important job IN THE WORLD. (I am not counting family here, I am talking CAREER)..

And if you have to ask why a teacher should be considered the most important job in the world.. then you are problem.. not a solution. Without teachers you would HAVE NO future.. no doctors, no lawyers, no psychologist.. forget elctricians.. policeman.. teachers teach us to read, write.. math.. history.. et et et.

SO in that light, we as people and government (duh) should support them highly.. and not keep cutting into their pay and othre services that help them do their job for OUR children. In a sense.. teachers have children so many hours during the day that they are influencing/practically raising our children.

School see to our childrens food needs as well, and in some cases.. medical.

Teachers should be held to higher standards.. and I do not mean religious. However, I do mean.. dress codes, behavior while teaching. Educational studies. Teachers should have to be in the top nth percentage of their classes.. to be deemed for certain areas of education...

Teachers would get paid better so they would have to work harder.. teaching would be a life job.. sometihng you desire.. want.. and accept that you will be monitored rigorously.

Parents should have zero choices BUT to work with teachers. I do not care how many jobs you have. To help support my family I literally woke up to the door knocking and having children (up to 11 and any given time) in my home to sit.. and I went to bed with children camped out on my floor as I baby sat..and I did this 7 days a week and STILL went to after school meetings, I still met the teachers and got to know them.. admittedly sometimes with 11 kids in tow.. but I did it.. and I know others who would schedule 'phone meetings' with teachers to make sure they kept up and up.. I had a friend who worked outside the home and was unable to always go to the school, however, she was able to schedule phone meetings with the teacher and kept up on her childs activities.

It is not easy, it is hard work raising a child and holding down sometimes 2 or 3 jobs, but when you chose to have your child, you chose the responsibility that came with it.

If a man/woman chooses to be a teacher, then they choose the responsibility that goes with the job.

I do not care of their faith, I do not care of their sexuality.. a homosexual is no more likely to sexually abuse a child of same sex, than a heterosexual is going to abuse a child of the oposite effect (though to listen to news of late.. females seem to be the worse abusers... getting preggers by 13/15 yr olds... for shame!)

Teachers need to be supported by government, peers and parents.. and held in high esteem as a 'teacher'.. and teachers should recieve the pay due to them.. as holding one of hte most important jobs in the world..

and they should be held accountable for their training and actions while on the job.. and any teacher who lazies about.. should be sent home and a teacher who gives a damn should be put in their place.

*nods sagely to myself and steps off my lofty throne of a know it all*

oh. yea..

Parents are not there to be their childs best friend.. they are there to be a PARENT.. and believe me.. you can be friends later.. while parenting? You have to be authority figure

Same goes for teachers.. they are NOT there to be your childs best buddy/friend.. they are an authority figure, a teacher.. they are there to teach. NOW they are not there to abuse, belittle.. threaten.. harm.

You can/should be a teacher who gains the childs trust.. but that does not mean buddy buddy..

Teachers should teach.. not 'hang out'.

Edited by willowdreams

I voted-Any of the Above, with certain guide lines.

Every teacher who teaches us follow a curriculum that has already been decided by the educational institutions and I dont think the beauty and attractiveness of a teacher determines and influences how we learn.In fact when teachers pursue for Bachelor of education courses they are taught not to wear attractive and dark colored dress while teaching because it can distract the concentration of the students.

Thanks

B???