Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
DC09

Video Shows Beheading of American in Iraq

290 posts in this topic

CAIRO, Egypt - A video posted Tuesday on an Islamic militant Web site showed the beheading of an American civilian in Iraq and said the execution was carried out by an al-Qaida affiliated group to avenge the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by American soldiers.

The video bore the title "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi shown slaughtering an American." It was unclear whether al-Zarqawi — an associate of Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) — was shown in the video, or was claiming responsibility for ordering the execution.

Al-Zarqawi also is said to have ties to terrorist groups ranging from Ansar al Islam in Iraq to Egyptian Islamic Jihad. He's believed to be behind many attacks in Iraq, including numerous high-profile operations.

The video pictures of the execution showed five men wearing headscarves and black ski masks, standing over a bound man in an orange jumpsuit — similar to a prisoner's uniform — who identified himself as Nick Berg, a U.S. civilian whose body was found on a highway overpass in Baghdad on Saturday.

"My name is Nick Berg, my father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Suzanne," the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in ... Philadelphia."

There was no way to be certain the tape was authentic.

After reading a statement, the men were seen pulling the man to his side and putting a large knife to his neck. A scream sounded as the men cut his head off, shouting "Allahu Akbar!" — "God is great." They then held the head out before the camera.

Full Article

That must have been horrible. crying.gif

Did I mention I am never taking a contract job in the middle east?

so dishonorable. the least they could have done was untie him, maybe give him a knife to defend himself.

Did I mention I am never taking a contract job in the middle east?

My Dad is thinking about it. crying.gif

My brother is already there in the Army! crying.gif

Oh don't give me more reason to worry!!! sad.gif

I was planning to go into a rant, but instead I think I'll just say a prayer for the family. And a special one for Kellalor's father and brother.

Sick B@$t@rds. Typical bully boy attitude, has to be a gang against one victim, have to wear balaclava's, Not even the decency as was mentioned to even allow this man to defend himself! I see no men here just cowards. Nasty sick sick sick...

Rant over...

I think I'll just say a prayer for the family. And a special one for Kellalor's father and brother.

Thank you.

It means a lot to me.

i was going to say something, but i rethink it, and i add to the prayer for the family of the guy.....

Kellalor,

Gosh I never even saw your post, just started a rant. My thoughts go out to your very brave brother! And please try not to worry too much, although I have no idea the sort of strain you must feel. It will all be okay I am sure. original.gif

Virtual Hug.

Lottie

That's okay, I agree with you.

They are sick b*******. disgust.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

When will we wake up that these are the kind of people we are supposed to "talk" to. There is no talking to them.

Anybody with half a brain should really get the hell out of the Middle East right now. It is not worth your life!

This is not a new tactic of demoralising an enemy but it is a $%^@% sick one........

I hope your brother comes out ok.

Anybody with half a brain should really get the hell out of the Middle East right now. It is not worth your life!

Apparently many brave and honorable men and women both in the military as well as in the civilian population DO think it is worth their life. One doesn't have to go to Bagdad to be mutilated or tortured or killed. Dallas, Texas provides a daily supply of that all by itself....as does every other major population center.

The answer is not to 'cut and run' but to WIN!

Win what exactly? And How?

The same way we have been winning lately?

We've been winning all over the world haven't we? The support that we once had in the Muslim world after 9/11 has been blown away by our attempt to win. At one point we could have used the support of the Muslim world to fight against the terrorists that were responsible for 9/11, unfortunately we sent that support out the window when we went after Iraq for reasons unsubstantiated to date. That is a different topic though.

We should have gone in, we shouldn't be there now. There was no reason to be in Iraq that was worth all of the lives lost, hundreds of billions of dollars spent, and to see America's reputation destroyed in the eyes of the rest of the world.

I was in Iraq for the first war, I saw what happens in war firsthand. This war should have been a last resort, but it wasn't.

This poor guy and his family are just the latest victims of this rediculous war.

AsmegginMEN to that.

The US estimates that Saddam's government killed at least 300,000 Iraqis during its rule. Some human rights groups say the number is closer to 1 million.

This is an interesting comment, cut and pasted from an Austrailian Newspaper.

Again I will ask why the good folks at Amnesty International, the International Red Cross, and the Arab nations are not up in arms about these numbers.

It seems that terrorism, cruality, torture and murder is okay as long as its political dissidents, folks who believe in a different religion, or of another nation.

And according to the lovable folks in certain Arab nations, the murder and torture of Americans is reason to rejoice in the street. But low and behold, if these cowards who won't even show their faces because they are to yellow to be known by their faces and their names, decapitate a civilian, we don't hear a peep from all these so called human rights folks. Why is that?

And I will have to side with FB on this question:

Win what exactly? And How?

We are fighting a group of terrorist that are not from Iraq, but from Jordan, Syria and other friendly countries. The problem is we won't win Iraq, not with the way things are going. The murder of the American contractor is not just an isolated act, but a build up to get other cowards with masks over their faces to do the same with anyone they can get their hands on.

Again, all I can do at this moment is say a little prayer for all people in Iraq, The innocent who want a free country, the troops who are fighting an unseen cowardly enemy, and the civilians who are trying to rebuild a country under hostile conditions.

I just saw the full uncut clip of the beheading. Very disturbing since he was still alive when they cut it off (unlike Daniel Pearl)

What really p***ed me off was that those ****heads (terrorists) were shouting out "ALLAH" as they were cutting it off

I have a real issue with this story .

This is an absolutely horific thing , a real event that happened to a real man who had a real familly . I feel so terribly for that familly .

Being unable to turn on the radio ,touch the T.V. or even look up the internet with out being reminded of the tragic and gruesome way there child was killed .

This feels remarkably like tabloid coverage . And I think we should raise our standards a little higher .

let it rest .

sad.gif

When this kind of crap happens happens to our guys ( soldier or civilian) it really makes me think that anything we do to them ( isolated incident or not) is perfectly justified.

These terrorists are cowards killing civilians...they dotn have the rocks to kill a soldiers but with rockets and grenades...where is the holy honor they think they are doing by fighting as a coward fights.

I say killem all and let god sort them out...the ungrateful...depraved...

MAN this stuff really p***es me off...oh i wish so bad we would jsut drop a nuke on these freaking people i dont give two flips a bout the fallout or civilian casualties...cause they wouldnt care given half a chance.

As of this posting, not one Muslim leader that I can find has come out to condemn the murder. If anyone knows od such a varifiable site please let me know.

THX

I just saw the full uncut clip of the beheading. Very disturbing since he was still alive when they cut it off (unlike Daniel Pearl)

What really p***ed me off was that those ****heads (terrorists) were shouting out "ALLAH" as they were cutting it off

where did you find the video?

i'm not exactly surprised by this. not because of who did it, far as i see it, a human is human, just as stupid, sick, and depraved as the majority. this sort of thing happens quite regularly and has happened countless times.

the video's probably rated pretty high on the snuff film charts disgust.gif

We are not winning because if we are to win this war we have to know that there will be civilian casualties and that we have to take drastic measures. Remember, these people (and I use the term loosely) have no concept for the value of life. They are willingly to die for their pagan of a god and thus we cannot hang the threat of the loss of life over their heads. We have become too nice and soft and saddled with the PC bandwagon. The America today would never have won World War 2.

Here is statement they were reading in the video, translated into english -

Sheikh Abu Mus'ab Alzrqawy slaughters an American with his hands and threatens Bush with more

A statement to the nation

The praise of Allah for all Muslims with his support and the humiliating of those who attempt to defeat Islam and who attack it and who entice the unbelievers with their cunning.

The one that appreciated the days countries with its justice and the prayer and the greeting on from above the Islam lighthouse by its sword as for after :

The Islamic nation

You rejoice at the first signs of the dawn that have started that have granted the wind of triumph. Allah was benevolent to us in Al Fallujah, granting us victory

On one of the days of Allah and that was known to Allah alone

The Islamic nation

Does any excuse for waiting remain? How the free Muslim sleeps, with his eyelids closed.

And he sees that Islam is slaughtered and can be seen bleeding its dignity

And the shameful pictures and the news of the evil humiliation of the Islam people men and women in Ghareb 's father prison then where the jealousy and where the zeal and where the anger about the Allah's religion and where the jealousy for the Muslims sanctities and where the revenge for the honors of Muslims and Muslims is in the crosses prisons .

As for you are the Islam clerics then to Allah we complain about you, you see that Allah have founded the argument on you by the Islam young man who humiliated the strongest force in the date then broke its nose and destroyed its pride

We came to you that you learn from them the reliance meanings and derive from their doing the lessons of sacrifice and redemption to when you remain as the women you master only the slapping language and know only the way of wail and weeping

Then this appeals the world freemen and this it begs Kofi Annan and a third begs Amr Moussa and fourth he demands peaceful demonstrations and as if they did not hear to his saying ( ( O you the prophet incited the believers to the fight ) )

You were fed up with the fight of the conferences and the oratorical battles ohm came to you that you take the jihad way and carry the sword that sent by it the prophets master

And we beg from you that you do not be involved as usual in the denial of what will do it satisfaction of the Americans

He has ordered the prophet - peace be upon him - and he is master the merciful are with the slitting of the necks of some prisoners and their slow killing

And for us it is an example and a good example

As for you, the Roman dog Bush, I hope you are displeased and we wait for you with God's Help tough days and you and your soldiers today who tred Iraq's land will regret it.

And she dared in it to the Muslims fever

And another message to traitor Pervez Musharraf then we say to him that we in wait for your meeting with your soldiers

We demand of the American and will take revenge for the blood of our brothers in and Iraq and elsewhere

And as for you and the Americans soldiers wife then we say that we offered to the American administration this prisoner in exchange for some of the prisoners in Abu Ghareb prison but they refused

Then we say but if the dignity of Muslims and Muslims in Abu Ghareb prison and others is worth theur blood and souls

we tell you to know that the coffins will arrive to you one coffin after another, as your people are slaughtered in this way.........

Then you kill the polytheists where you find them and you take them and count them and place them where they can be seen.

Allah is the greatest and the honour to Allah and to its messenger and to the militants

And our last claim is that the praise of Allah is the Lord of the Worlds

Abu Mus'ab Alzrqawy

Prince of Al Tawhid group and jihad

Iraq

22 Rabi I 1425

11/5/2004

And you see the slaughter, your fighting brothers suspend the head of this unbeliever on one of Baghdad bridges so that they teach a lesson to others from the infidels and serves as a witness to the honour of the Muslims

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/

sad.gif