Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Unusual Questions Kids Ask Thread

Agent X

I've had a friend for more than twenty years and he has a family of six children with a nine year old boy. And once in a while when we're talking about things he sometimes comes up with questions that neither of us knows the answer two. Here's the two most memorable ones that I can remember:

"Why do people shave?"

And one time I was helping him with some math homework as he was learning about positive and negative numbers so he asks me this one:

"Can letters be positive and negative too?"

The only answer I had for him for the shaving one was that sometimes people just don't like hair in certain places, and sometimes women don't like facial hair because it feels bad to them when they kiss their guy. But I had no clue about the letters question and still don't know.

So what are some questions that kids have asked you?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Irish

• Agent X

• HerNibs

• lisavclarson

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when my kids were toddlers I was determined to answer any question they could come up with. I even went as far as securing a small loan to purchase the best encyclopedia set that money could buy. I sat down on the floor to teach my oldest daughter how to use them. Now I said 'ask a question and we shall find the answer together" she looked me straight in the eyes and asked "If and orange is an orange because it is orange then why is a banana not a yellow?" :unsure2:

Then I went out a purchased a nice light bright set and a box of crayons. :D

Irish

Oh, I had one of those kids - questions all the time, usually on long car rides :).

1. What do cats dream about?

2. Where do rocks come from?

3. Why are moose angry?

My favorite -

If I die and come back as a ghost, can I see wind?

:P

Nibs

Oh, I had one of those kids - questions all the time, usually on long car rides :).

1. What do cats dream about?

2. Where do rocks come from?

3. Why are moose angry?

My favorite -

If I die and come back as a ghost, can I see wind?:P

Nibs

CLASSIC!! :lol:

I, too have always attempted to answer every question my daughter asks me. She's getting into some deep questions, though. Spiritual questions that I CAN answer, but when she goes and asks her Catholic father, he gives her a totally different answer.

Here's some questions she's asked me...(she's six)

"What came first the chicken or the egg?...(also)... the tree or the seed?"

"Is the devil/demons real?"

"Where do rainbows come from?"-- I actually knew the answer to that question, in detail because of a thread from UM.

"How tall is God?"

"Does everyone go to heaven...even crazy people?"

"Do you think God can dance as good as Rashad?" (my ex-boyfriend)

"

I've had a friend for more than twenty years and he has a family of six children with a nine year old boy. And once in a while when we're talking about things he sometimes comes up with questions that neither of us knows the answer two. Here's the two most memorable ones that I can remember:

"Why do people shave?"

And one time I was helping him with some math homework as he was learning about positive and negative numbers so he asks me this one:

"Can letters be positive and negative too?"

The only answer I had for him for the shaving one was that sometimes people just don't like hair in certain places, and sometimes women don't like facial hair because it feels bad to them when they kiss their guy. But I had no clue about the letters question and still don't know.

So what are some questions that kids have asked you?

letters can be used as numbers so yes letters can be positive or negitive if used as numbers. otherwise they are neutral.

Kids (some have been as old as 16) have asked me: "What is black metal music?" "What is paganism?" "What is nature worship?" "What is a rune?"

In a way though it's understandable. They don't know what those things are. Although adults have asked me these questions too. :hmm:

My favorite question from my eldest son (when he was quite a bit younger) was this: Mommy, if it doesn't hurt my finger when I stick it in my own nose, why can't I stick it in my brother's nose?

One he recently asked me (yes, my son is a geek) was, "Mom, why don't I have line-by-line veto power on puberty. After all, I do own my own body, right?"

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a acquaintance for added than twenty years and he has a ancestors of six accouchement with a nine year old boy. And already in a while if we're talking about things he sometimes comes up with questions that neither of us knows the acknowledgment two. Here's the two a lot of memorable ones that I can remember:

How