Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Europe?

Events in Europe are reshaping the world. The European Union has now expanded from 15 members to 25. Most of Europe already shares a common currency and plans within months to have a European constitution to further unify the continent. Military and intelligence cooperation is increasing. Why are these developments taking place? The shocking truth was foretold centuries ago in the pages of the bible! Bible foretells that the anti-Christ will rise in Europe. The bible tells of Europe's rise just as it foretold about the rise of Rome centuries before it happened. The bible now says that a new configuration of the Roman Empire will rise again and astound the world in becoming the next global superpower. It will set in motion events that will climax with the return of Jesus! Everything is happening the way the bible foretold it with the rise of the EU and whole continent currency thing. What do you disbelievers and believers alike have to say about that? The bible said that Israel would once again become a nation; it did. The bible foretold about Jesus a thousand years before he came; he did. When will you athiests out there realize that events foretold in the bible are actually happening as the bible says it will and start believing?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saucy

• chico del nacho

• Seraphina

• Falco Rex

Top Posters In This Topic

don't get preachy saucy.

i'm pretty sure the bible didn't talk about jesus before he was born because the bible was written after his birth. call me crazy, but i doubt ancient folks had time travle capabilities before they had a printing press.

israel only became a nation because it was forced into creation by man, and because of that, has caused an unbelievable amount of grief and suffering. the only rue israel would be one created by jesus, like the hasidic (not sure how to spell that) jews say.

the bible says a lot of things too. not all of them have come true. i admit this is pretty cool to hear, that this rise in europe was predicted. i was pleased until you got all preachy with "when will all you atheists learn blah blah blah." my mind just turns off when i hear that crap.

yes yes, i'm a heathenous, blasphemous savage. but i'm happy original.gif

I would think if any place was considered the new Roman Empire it would be us in America, since we have almost the exact same Government. Secondly, I've read the Bible and I don't recall Europe ever being mentioned. The prophecies in Revalations are so vague you could use them to apply to almost anything, anywhere..

psalm 36:56 ( wacko.gif )

"and there shall be europe,

yes, that's a good name,

europe kinda rolls off the tongue.

anyway, it shall become amazing in power

and the romans will come back.

yeah, the romans, with their aqueducts

and their swords.

think they're so tough.

the world will give a resounding

'whoa' as they become powerful

as all crap once more."

tee hee grin2.gif

sorry to get all preachy, I didn't mean to. Anyway, the old testament was written before Jesus was born by many different authors. In the new testament, prophets wrote about a man named Jesus who would be born in Bethlaham to a virgin named Mary and that Jesus would walk the earth and perform miracles and they talked about how he would be captured, how he would be betrayed, beaten for our trangressions and how he would be nailed to a cross (they didn't even know what crucifixion was at the time) and even what Jesus would say as he was on the cross. It even foretold how he was going to be buried with the rich and rise again on the third day. All of this was in the old testment a thousand years before Jesus was born. The new testament was written after Jesus was killed by all the disciples that followed Jesus around everyday. The old testament was the bible that all the Jews had up until Jesus. One of the things Jesus talked about was how Israel would once again become a country in a six-day war where no shots would be fired and that's exactly the way it happened in the 1940's after WWII!

ohmy.gif that's some interesting stuff there, saucy. thanks for the info thumbsup.gif

I'd still like to know where you got Europe as where the Anti-Christ will arise. I'm not trying to be antagonistic to you either, Saucy. It's just that I've read many differing theories on his location,including America,the Middle-East, Russia, and North Africa. I've also heard a theory that there are multiple Anti-Christs( up to 6, but the number seems to vary with every story).

Chapter and verse, saucy, please.

My knowledge of the bible is somewhat rusty, but I would like to see the verses where Jesus talks about the six day war.

I would also like to see the part of the old testament which refers to Jesus by name, and states that he will die by crucifixion.

Thanking you in advance.

I wouldn't hold your breath, Aslan.

I wouldn't hold your breath, Aslan.

And even if I did the bible probably predicted it.

Jesus fulfilled over 300 propehcies, though I will give you some, it will take me a few minutes to find them. Thanks for being patient

Anyone want a Beer while we're waiting? wink2.gif

How come we only hear about the bible prophesising about the EU only once the EU is being created? Also, what does the bible say "There will be a great empire on the continent of Europe"???? Doesnt even get THAT specific, and we're supposed to believe its proof of the supernatural?? And wow, prophecising the anti christ comming from Europe... dont you think that sooner or later someone really bad is going to come out of Europe? Oh wait, it already happend too.... Hitler! Did the Bible predict Hitler (Oh, obviousely they'll say yes, but you never hear them prophecising about hitler before Hitler became popular did they?) Now, obviously in the history of the Earth, many nations will rise to power and fall from power and unite and disolve... and obviously a bad person can come out of each and every one of these countries.

Hey Falco, I'll have a Corona with Lemon please.... wink2.gif

Or a good ol' fashioned Guiness

Edited by X~File_Agent

okay, I got it. I'll give you the verses, you look it up!

1) Portrait of Messiah (what he's supposed to look like written before his birth)

Isaiah 53: 1-2

2) God promises a new covenant to Israel: Jeramiah 31: 31-34

Prophecy Fulfilled: Hebrews 8: 1-3

9: 11-22

10: 4-24

Matthew 26: 17-29

Luke 22: 7-20

1 Corinthians 11: 23-26

3) Messiah to be born in Bethelhem: Micah 5:2

Fulfilled: Matthew 2:1-6 Luke 2:1-20

4) Messiah to be born of a virgin: Isaiah 7:14

Fulfilled: Matthew 1:18-25 Luke 1:26-38

5) Messiah to enter Jerusalem in triumph: Zechariah 9:9

Fulfilled: Matthew 21:1-9 John 12:12-16

6) Messiah to be rejected by his own people: Isaiah 53: 1 and 3

Fulfilled: John 1:11 and 12:37-43 Matthew 26: 3 and 4 Acts 4:1-12

7) Messiah to be betrayed by one of his followers: Psalm 41:9

Fulfilled: Matthew 26:14-16 Mark 14:17-21 Luke 22:19-23 John 13:18, 19

8) Messiah to be tried and condemned: Isaiah 53:8

Fulfilled: Matthew 27:1 and 2 Luke 23: 1-25

9) Messiah to be silent before his accusers: Isaiah 53:7

Fulfilled: Matthew 27: 12-14 Mark 15:3,4 Luke 23: 8-10

10) Betrayed for thirty pieces of silver: Zechariah 11:12

Fulfilled Matthew 26:15

11) Look on me whom they have pierced: Zechariah 12:10

Fulfilled: John 19:37 Revelation 1:7

12) Messiah to die by crucifixion: Psalm 22:14,16,17

Fulfilled: Matthew 27:31 Mark 15:20,25 John 19:15-18

13) The vision is yet for another time:

Habakkuk: 2:3,4

Romans: 1:17

Galatians 3:11

Hebrews 10:37-38

There, I have given you prophecies that were written in the old testament a thousand or more years before Christ and the new testament accounts of what happened to Jesus. Like I said, there were over 300 prophecies like the ones above that Jesus fulfilled, not one of them went un-fulfilled. The word bible is actually greek for a collection of books and that's what the bible is, a collection of books written over thousands of years. Have fun looking everything up!

100 Bible prophecies explained:

10 fulfilled in 1948

These 10 Bible prophecies were fulfilled in 1948 when Israel became an independent, united nation for the second time in history, and for the first time in 2,900 years.

1. Jacob's descendants would regain control of Israel

Bible passage: Amos 9:14-15

Written: about 750 BC

Fulfilled: Since 1948

In Amos 9:14-15, the prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again. Amos lived about 2700 years ago, during a time when the people of Israel were being forced out of their homeland by a succession of foreign invasions. Despite many centuries of exile, many Jews returned to Israel and reclaimed sovereignty over a portion of their ancient homeland. This declaration of independence, in 1948, triggered a war with the surrounding countries, which objected to the presence of a Jewish state. On May 15, 1948, the day that armies from the surrounding countries invaded, Azzam Pasha, the Secretary General of the Arab League, said "This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades." Similar quotes were uttered by others during the war of 1948-49 and during the two major wars that followed. Despite its tiny size, Israel prevailed in these wars, preventing its people from being uprooted again, as they had been in ancient times.

Amos 9:14-15

I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the Lord your God.

2. Israel would be brought back to life

Bible passage: Ezekiel 37:10-14

Written: between 593-571 BC

Fulfilled: 1948

In Ezekiel 37:10-14, the prophet receives a vision in which Israel was seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. In this vision, God tells Ezekiel that the bones (Israel) would be brought back to life. Just as Ezekiel had prophesized about 2600 years ago, the Jews were brought back to the land, and the country of Israel was brought back to life. Israel re-established sovereignty in 1948, a mere three years after the end of the Holocaust, during which the Nazis killed about one-third of the world's Jewish population.

Ezekiel 37:10-14

So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army. Then he said to me: "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, `Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.' Therefore prophesy and say to them: `This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.'"

3. Isaiah spoke of a Israel being reborn in one day

Bible passage: Isaiah 66:7-8

Written: perhaps between 701-681 BC

In Isaiah 66:7-8, the prophet foreshadowed the re-birth of Israel in 1948. Isaiah describes a woman giving birth before going into labor, and he speaks of a country being born in one day. This accurately describes what happened on May 14, 1948 - when the Jews declared independence for Israel as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in 2900 years.

During that same day, the United States issued a statement recognizing Israel's sovereignty. And, only hours beforehand, a United Nations mandate expired, ending British control of the land. During a 24-hour span of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence, and its independence was acknowledged by other nations. Modern Israel was literally was born in a single day.

Isaiah said the birth would take place before there would be labor pains. And that too is precisely what happened. A movement called Zionism began in the 1800s to encourage Jews worldwide to move to Israel, which at that time was called Palestine. Within hours of the declaration of independence in 1948, Israel was attacked by the surrounding countries of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

When reading Isaiah 66:7-8, keep in mind that Israel's status as a sovereign nation was established and reaffirmed during the course of a single day, and that it was born of a movement called Zionism, and that its declaration of independence was not the result of a war but rather the cause of one.

Isaiah 66:7-8

"Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children."

4. Israel would be re-established as a united nation

Bible passage: Ezekiel 37:21-22

In Ezekiel 37:21-22, the prophet said that God would one day bring the people of Israel back to Israel, as a united nation. This might have been a shock for Ezekiel. He lived about 2600 years ago. At that time, the people of Israel had already divided themselves into two separate kingdoms. And, both kingdoms had been conquered by foreign invaders, who forced many of the people, including Ezekiel, into exile. But, when Jews reclaimed sovereignty in 1948, they did so as a united people, creating one nation - Israel.

Ezekiel 37:21-22

and say to them, `This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.

5. The second Israel would be more impressive than the first

Bible passage: Jeremiah 16:14-15

Written: sometime from 626 to about 586 BC

In Jeremiah 16:14-15, the prophet said the second Israel would be more impressive than the first. In many regards, it is. The first time that Israel was established as a country was after Moses led the descendants of Jacob (typically referred to today as Jews) out of Egypt, where they had been enslaved for 400 years. They then conquered Canaan and established Israel about 3400 years ago. But the second time that Israel was established was after the Jews had been scattered far and wide for a few thousand years. This time the Jews had to return from as far away as the United States, China, Russia and South Africa.

Jeremiah 16:14-15

"However, the days are coming," declares the Lord, "when men will no longer say, `As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,' but they will say, `As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.' For I will restore them to the land I gave their forefathers.

6. Ezekiel predicted when Israel would be re-established

Bible passage: Ezekiel 4:3-6

In Ezekiel 4:3-6, the prophet said the Jews, who had lost control of their homeland, would be punished for 430 years. This prophecy, according to Bible scholar Grant Jeffrey, pinpointed the 1948 rebirth of Israel. Here's a summary of Jeffrey's theory:

1. Ezekiel said the Jews were to be punished for 430 years because they had turned away from God. As part of the punishment, the Jews lost control of their homeland to Babylon. Many Jews were taken as captives to Babylon.

2. Babylon was later conquered by Cyrus in 539 BC. Cyrus allowed the Jews to leave Babylon and to return to their homeland. But, only a small number returned. The return had taken place sometime around 536 BC, about 70 years after Judah lost independence to Babylon.

3. Because most of the exiles chose to stay in pagan Babylon rather than return to the Holy Land, the remaining 360 years of their punishment was multiplied by 7. The reason is explained in Bible's book of Leviticus. (Leviticus 26:18, 26:21, 26:24 and 26:28). In Leviticus, it says that if the people did not repent while being punished, the punishment would be multiplied by 7. And, by staying in pagan Babylon, most exiles were refusing to repent.

4. So, if you take the remaining 360 years of punishment and multiply by 7, you get 2,520 years. But, Jeffrey says those years are based on an ancient 360-day lunar calendar. If those years are adjusted to the modern solar calendar, the result is 2,484 years.

5. And, there were exactly 2,484 years from 536 BC to 1948, which is the year that Israel regained independence.

Ezekiel 4:3-6

(In this Bible passage, Ezekiel is asked by God to symbolically act out the 430 years of punishment)

… Then take an iron pan, place it as an iron wall between you and the city and turn your face toward it. It will be under siege, and you shall besiege it. This will be a sign to the house of Israel. "Then lie on your left side and put the sin of the house of Israel upon yourself. You are to bear their sin for the number of days you lie on your side. I have assigned you the same number of days as the years of their sin. So for 390 days you will bear the sin of the house of Israel. "After you have finished this, lie down again, this time on your right side, and bear the sin of the house of Judah. I have assigned you 40 days, a day for each year.

7. The people of Israel would return to "their own land"

Bible passage: Ezekiel 34:13

Fulfilled: after May 14, 1948

In Ezekiel 34:13, the prophet said that God would gather the people of Israel scattered throughout the world and bring them back to "their own land." After many centuries of dispersion, hundreds of thousands of Jews returned to their ancient homeland beginning in the late 1800s. But, millions more returned after Israel declared independence in 1948. In other words, millions of exiles returned to their ancient homeland which was now truly "their own land" in the sense that it was now a sovereign Jewish state.

Ezekiel 34:13

I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land.

8. God would watch over the people of Israel

Bible passage: Jeremiah 31:10

Written: sometime from 626 to about 586 BC

Fulfilled: 1948, etc.

In Jeremiah 31:10, the prophet said that God would one day gather the Jews back to Israel and that He would watch over them like a shepherd. Believe what you wish, but there is evidence that God indeed has watched over the re-established nation of Israel. Hours after Israel declared independence in 1948, the surrounding countries attacked, hoping to replace the Jewish state with an Arab state. These countries are much larger than Israel. But tiny Israel prevailed in that war and was able to capture additional land, increasing the land size of Israel by 50 percent. Israel also prevailed in the two other major wars that followed.

Jeremiah 31:10

"Hear the word of the Lord, O nations; proclaim it in distant coastlands: `He who scattered Israel will gather them and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.'

9. Israel's army would be disproportionately powerful

Bible passage: Leviticus 26:3, 7-8

Written: perhaps around 1400 BC

Fulfilled: 1948-49, 1967, etc.

In Leviticus 26:3, 7-8, the Bible says that the army of Israel would have a supernatural power to prevail during times of conflict, if the people are obedient to the Lord. This Bible passage says that 5 people would be able to chase away 100 people, and that 100 would be able to chase away 10,000. Is there any proof to this incredible claim? Judge for yourself:

Example 1: Within hours of Israel's declaration of independence in 1948, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon invaded Israel. The combined population of those countries was at least 20 million at that time. Israel had fewer than 1 million Jews. Even so, the Jews won the war and expanded the size of Israel by 50 percent.

Example 2: During the War of 1967, Israel attacked the air force bases of the surrounding countries and took control of Jerusalem for the first time in about 2000 years. They also seized additional territory. That war lasted a mere 6 days.

Example 3: On Oct. 6, 1973, Israel was attacked by Egypt and Syria. Other countries later joined the attack. But the Jews were able to push back the attacking armies and occupy land outside of Israel's borders.

Leviticus 26:3, 7-8

"If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, … You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you."

10. The fortunes of the people of Israel would be restored

Bible passage: Deuteronomy 30:3-5

Written: perhaps 1400 BC

Fulfilled: 1948, etc.

In Deuteronomy 30:3-5, the Bible said the Jews would be scattered worldwide and that they later would return to their homeland and have their fortunes restored. This prophecy began to be fulfilled in modern times during the late 1800s when many Jews returned to Israel, from as far away as China and the United States, Russia and South Africa. Israel declared independence in 1948. Today, Israel is among the world's most prosperous countries. In 1999, for example, Israel's per capita Gross Domestic Product was twice as prosperous than the neighboring countries.

Deuteronomy 30:3-5

then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. He will bring you to the land that belonged to your fathers, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers.

Yes but where is...

Aslan

but I would like to see the verses where Jesus talks about the six day war.

I would also like to see the part of the old testament which refers to Jesus by name, and states that he will die by crucifixion.

Falco

I'd still like to know where you got Europe as where the Anti-Christ will arise

I haven't read the verses yet, although I know what most of them say, but correct me if I'm wrong you still haven't hit on the points that Aslan and Falco made.

I am still working on all that. I thought it would take you guys awhile to read the verses. When I said a six day war, I misspoke. I meant a one day war. Sorry. I had a friend over at the time and we were talking about my six-year-old brother and six was stuck in my head. It was indeed a one day war as all the evidence above supports

I just want to add, amusedly, that while some people will flock to other texts such as the Mayan Calandar, the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, the Necronomicon, the Epic of Gilgamesh, Cayce's readings, Nostradamus and other such myth texts for proof of prophecies taking place, they laugh and scoff at the Bible's prophecies as myth, legend, and hogwash. I'm not accusing any of the above posters of doing such, but that kind of amuses me in general, and this topic brought it to mind.

Sure, Europe's EUing is remniscent of the "frightening NWO" (I'm still not sure why globalization is a bad thing), but I don't see it anywhere prophesied. In fact, I find it amusing that the only direct mention of the anti-Christ is that of the antichrists: those who deny the Father and the Son. (See 1 John 2:18-27, 4:1-6, 2 John 7).

But of course, prophecy is never direct, right? (Prophecies are never known until they come to pass, either, so you'll never be able to tell someone who the antichrist is.) So I'll use the handy topic guide in the back of my bible.

Daniel 11: 36-45. Ironically, in the back they say it's about the anti-Christ, but the intext commentary says it's about Antiochus IV. This is usually the case with old testament prophecies, by the way -- they were prophecying about things in their own day.

Mark 13: 1-37. Signs of the ends of times (which we've seen signs of since before Christ was born), and again, the mention of many false prophets and people who say they are Christ but are not. No single 'anti-Christ'. No reference to origin.

2 Thessalonians 2: 1-12. Ahh. The man of lawlessness. Let's not take this too metaphorically, for starters; another translation of the text says most definitely it's "sin". I think this passage is probably being taken too literally as a single man who is "THE" Anti-Christ. The "man of lawlessness", a vague translation of itself, indicates it's probably a metaphor for something else. Heck, my bible suggests it might be television or the internet, then goes on to say the passage is obscure because it refers to things Paul told the Thessalonians in person. That doesn't make this a very clear 'prophecy' (and since when was Paul a prophet?).

Revelations 11-13. Most of this is talk about 'the beast' (being Satan/sin). Except for this part about the "Beast out of the Earth", 13: 11-18. The AntiChrist of legend who marks everyone's hand/forehead so they can't buy anything without it, makes 'the beast' talk and kill those who don't worship it, and performs miracles that make people worship him. Lots of speculation about this one. Of course he is an anti-Christ (he's against Christ), but there's no specification as to where he comes from, how he gets his power, etc. This is probably a clear metaphor, given that if someone came and did that in this age, we'd have thousands of Christians jumping up and down on their feet shouting "That's the AntiChrist!!!!" and then getting killed for speaking blasphemy -- which I think would make even atheists a little suspicious.

Revelations 19:19-21. The previous false prophet's overthrown. Nothing new.

Simply, the Anti Christ is a myth that most Christians take too literally.

Saucy, I dont even pay attention to the "prophecy of Jesus 1000 years before he lived" because I dont think the Biblical Jesus existed really... so that means the Bible is just prophecising something and then writing in information to fulful that prophecy and make it seem real. Just like me writing a book about how I prophecised 10 years ago that a God would soon be born, and then writing about how a God was just recently born now. That doesnt make it amazing, and it doesnt mean it actually happened. Or, maybe the Bible was just written at the time of Jesus or after his time and gave the impression that it was all written before Jesus.

i used to know what was bad about globalization. can't remember right now.

the necronomicon didn't have many prophecies, least not the copy that i read. it was avery interesting read though.

If you look hard enough, almost any book would hold some kind of "prophecy"

Could say that "A Brave New World" is comming true with the cloning.

sorry, im not very versed in religious stuff...but just what exactly is the anti-christ supposed to do??? (and please dont get preachy on me, i just want to know information wise....) cause im having some major second thoughts about whether i believe in god or not at all.... sad.gif

the anti-christ is supposed to give the world a beat-down, far as i get it. now if ya'll would excuse i'm going to eat some chinese food.