Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Rise of the AntiChrist

Samuronin

Ive watched this show on National Geographic Channel just this morning titled Secret Bible. It talks about the book of revelations in the Bible, in which the "experts" point out this scenario where the so called Antichrist will rise and starts a war to take over I think Jerusalem, and these Antichrists (as they are depicted) are organized, rich, powerful ( They're leaders are high ranking Government and Military Officials).They have weapons (tanks,jets,ships,nukes you name them!!!!!), killing millions of innocent people. (They also pointed out that this will happen sometime in the future, in our generation today).

I find it interesting because people in here are talking about this 2012 doomsday bull@##$, maybe this is one of those scenarios which all of this crazed fanatics will come up to. I personally believe that nothing "apocalyptic" will happen in 12/21/12.... so what are your opinions????

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blink4567

• TheSearcher

• Mattshark

• Samuronin

who knows, it could be the end of times or it could just be another depression that's getting worse than the last one. Yeah, that's right I said it, DEPRESSION!!!! DEPRESSION! DEPRESSION! DEPRESSION! Nothing is what is seems or used to be anymore either. Either way, human civilization will destroy them selves before god, satan, gaia (Earth / Nature) , will ever come into play.

And ohh some this one too, I just found it in the Bible:

Revelations Chapter 12:12

"Therefore rejoice,ye heavens,and ye that dwell in them.Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

:unsure:

And ohh some this one too, I just found it in the Bible:

Revelations Chapter 12:12

"Therefore rejoice,ye heavens,and ye that dwell in them.Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

:unsure:

Yeah, it is more than likely written about the Roman empire under Nero.

Matt's right.

The book of Revelation was written regarding the persecution of early Christians under Roman authority. The whole thing is quite literally a ****-fest for persecuted early christians to hold out hope that terrible things would befall Rome allowing them to no longer suffer under them.

As it turns out, one of Rome's emporer's went crazy and lost a bet with himself, converting to Christianity, ending persecution. After which time, Christians were pretty ok with Rome.

The whole book is an alternative-history science fiction, much like we'd read about a zombie apocalypse or Armageddon story because it makes us think there will be justice against vague, overpowering forces, and we'll all be heroes and act all cool, so was it to them.

Matt's right.

The book of Revelation was written regarding the persecution of early Christians under Roman authority. The whole thing is quite literally a ****-fest for persecuted early christians to hold out hope that terrible things would befall Rome allowing them to no longer suffer under them.

As it turns out, one of Rome's emporer's went crazy and lost a bet with himself, converting to Christianity, ending persecution. After which time, Christians were pretty ok with Rome.

The whole book is an alternative-history science fiction, much like we'd read about a zombie apocalypse or Armageddon story because it makes us think there will be justice against vague, overpowering forces, and we'll all be heroes and act all cool, so was it to them.

Do we even know which prophet wrote revelations? and also the reason why 12/12 is going to happen is because so many people believe in it. Also the "antichrist" is an unknown person of origin, he or she could be just a regluar old Joe. The powers at be for the moment are nothing more than old idiots consumed in themselves. The anti christ isnt looking for world dominiation hes looking for suffering and pain. Nothing else and nothing more. And you wont even see it coming. Thats thier job.

Edited by Jessem

Do we even know which prophet wrote revelations? and also the reason why 12/12 is going to happen is because so many people believe in it. Also the "antichrist" is an unknown person of origin, he or she could be just a regluar old Joe. The powers at be for the moment are nothing more than old idiots consumed in themselves. The anti christ isnt looking for world dominiation hes looking for suffering and pain. Nothing else and nothing more. And you wont even see it coming. Thats thier job.

I believe St John wrote it.

There is no anti-christ, there is no evidence of Jesus or of god and none of that is anything to do with the whole 2012 idiocy.

This is not discworld. A load of people on the internet believing something doesn't make it true or give it credence, remember Y2K? Why would this be any different (except that it is not as well known).

Edited by Mattshark

I believe St John wrote it.

There is no anti-christ, there is no evidence of Jesus or of god and none of that is anything to do with the whole 2012 idiocy.

This is not discworld. A load of people on the internet believing something doesn't make it true or give it credence, remember Y2K? Why would this be any different (except that it is not as well known).

Thank you,

Now matt. No matter what, we live in a world of pros and cons do we not? Pro life, pro gay rights, pro religion, pro government, pro education. No matter what there will always be something in the negative aspects of which the world we live in. There are definatly people out there that are "anti-everything". At one point people actually believed that noone could be "anti-american". There are "anti-christs" in this world. People who believe in the exact of opposite of everything good are there not? The biblical "anti-christ" is described as a leader of the people. Someone who will pretend to be helpful. A person that will betray everything they say they stand for and the people they lead. Is it not true there are not people in this world like that? It may not be exactly to the T as described in the bible but id say that it would be the exact opposite of what JC stood for, would it not? Thats what ANTI means, right? The opposite, opposing against something. Not on the same side. I just know just as you that good cannot exist without the bad. No matter what. Im borrowing this real quick,

Any thoughts?

anyway, i watched on History no less, that the person who wrote revelation was living in a cave. today, those same cave systems are rife with methane gas leaks.(if it is something other than methane i apologize in advance) so, the big prophet of doomsday was high off his *** on natural gas. well, call me a believer.

Thank you,

Now matt. No matter what, we live in a world of pros and cons do we not? Pro life, pro gay rights, pro religion, pro government, pro education. No matter what there will always be something in the negative aspects of which the world we live in. There are definatly people out there that are "anti-everything". At one point people actually believed that noone could be "anti-american". There are "anti-christs" in this world. People who believe in the exact of opposite of everything good are there not? The biblical "anti-christ" is described as a leader of the people. Someone who will pretend to be helpful. A person that will betray everything they say they stand for and the people they lead. Is it not true there are not people in this world like that? It may not be exactly to the T as described in the bible but id say that it would be the exact opposite of what JC stood for, would it not? Thats what ANTI means, right? The opposite, opposing against something. Not on the same side. I just know just as you that good cannot exist without the bad. No matter what. Im borrowing this real quick,

Any thoughts?

You examples of pro's and con's is an inaccurate summation of what you would use as showing pro's and con's (which more accurately describe positive and negatives of a situation or item) pro-life is not countered by con-life, it is countered by pro-choice.

I know what anti means. Who didn't believe people could be anti-American? There aren't anti-Christ's at all. Some people may not be nice but sadly for the world it is far more grey area than black and white. I don't think that is a very realistic view of the world. And you cannot be anti-everything, that is paradoxical.

None of this gives any credibility to what you have originally stated.

Because of my bad luck alone, I've learned that when I deny something is possible...it usually comes back to bite me lol.

Im trying to see from your point of view. I orinaginally stated that there is an anti-christ. There is, I was merely trying to put it in a more wide-span view to show the possibility of it.

There is always a negative to a positive. You say there are grey areas, which is true. BUT in this instance we speaking to the terms of the subject which is the antichrist. It is pure fact tthat no matter what give it history or culture there is usually a negative aspect to all things. I was just stating that there is something that contredicts christ. Life in itself can be and is a contradiction. There is another side to everyting, so its just common sense that there is something completly opposite of JC, thus that makes him the 'anti-christ" which means he stands for everything JC didnt. Pure and simple. You believe he didnt exsist so therefore this topic shouldnt exsist for you, correct? How can you make a claim for something you dont believe even exsisted? You are entitled to your opinion but the only thing that will come out is negativity against the topic. Were here to try and have open minds, and see past the pedistule of incompatence or hard headedness. I may be wrong I may be right. So here lies our contradiction. You say it never happend on a thread that is atleast treading the possibility.

Edited by Jessem

I believe St John wrote it

According to the show I watched, the book of Revelations was written 100 years ahead of him, making it impossible for St John to be the writer (he will be dead at that time.... unless he was a Centenarian)

According to the show I watched, the book of Revelations was written 100 years ahead of him, making it impossible for St John to be the writer (he will be dead at that time.... unless he was a Centenarian)

I know alot of the bible are manuscripts written from teachings as well. So who knows who really had the input on the entire chapter itself.

Many biblical scholars no longer consider John of Patmos (who wrote Revelation), St John the apostle and John the Evangelist as the same person.

Ive watched this show on National Geographic Channel just this morning titled Secret Bible. It talks about the book of revelations in the Bible, in which the "experts" point out this scenario where the so called Antichrist will rise and starts a war to take over I think Jerusalem, and these Antichrists (as they are depicted) are organized, rich, powerful ( They're leaders are high ranking Government and Military Officials).They have weapons (tanks,jets,ships,nukes you name them!!!!!), killing millions of innocent people. (They also pointed out that this will happen sometime in the future, in our generation today)

You don't need an expert to see what Revelation is about. The fact that the Whore of Babylon is dressed in purple is a pretty good indication that its a metaphor for Rome, who at that point persecuted Christians.

There are right wing Christians in America who think that nuclear war in the middle east which destroys Jerusalem would herald the return of Christ, but you don't need to know much about politics to see that these people are the wrong side of insane.

You don't need an expert to see what Revelation is about. The fact that the Whore of Babylon is dressed in purple is a pretty good indication that its a metaphor for Rome, who at that point persecuted Christians.

There are right wing Christians in America who think that nuclear war in the middle east which destroys Jerusalem would herald the return of Christ, but you don't need to know much about politics to see that these people are the wrong side of insane.

The Whore of Babylon is dressed in purple is actually not the only indication, but it's the most known and direct one. Besides, even National Geographic gives into "wild speculation" documentaries sometimes, not unlike the History Channel.

Well right wing beliefs are per definition a few sandwiches short of a pic-nic.

Matt's right.

Ignorant, a little.

Ignorant, a little.

Then perhaps instead of using your time to insult people, you could use it to correct them, instead.

From the Forum's Rules:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Tiggs

[Forum Mod Team]

Ignorant, a little.

How is that ignorant? I might not have worded it the same way, but the book of Revelation was indeed written, in order to hold out hope, during the persecutions of the Roman Empire. The symbolic in it is clear enough in that regard.

How is that ignorant? I might not have worded it the same way, but the book of Revelation was indeed written, in order to hold out hope, during the persecutions of the Roman Empire. The symbolic in it is clear enough in that regard.

The bible IMO is supposed to be used to reference the current times. As in the world cycles all the time, and I believe you can always use the bible as a reference. Its a symbolic view of the world and its uncertainess. Its gives a sort of idea on how a good life could be led and the history of our forefathers. The new testomate is applied usually for years ahead of its own time as well as the events occuring during the writing process. Its a message, and a good book to help people along the way. Humanity is inperfect and thats what makes this world living. Theres always something to improve and make better. Thats why we are here.

The bible IMO is supposed to be used to reference the current times. As in the world cycles all the time, and I believe you can always use the bible as a reference. Its a symbolic view of the world and its uncertainess. Its gives a sort of idea on how a good life could be led and the history of our forefathers. The new testomate is applied usually for years ahead of its own time as well as the events occuring during the writing process. Its a message, and a good book to help people along the way. Humanity is inperfect and thats what makes this world living. Theres always something to improve and make better. Thats why we are here.

I would say yes to one part of what you say, but with caution. The bible can be used as historical reference, on how part of the people in the middle east lived, yes, but it's to be taken with a grain of salt, imo. As to how a good life should be led, I hope that would rather apply to the new testament part, as in the old testament there's a lot of warring, smiting and punishing going on.

Ignorant, a little.

Enlighten me, Quack. Please feel free to tell me what I said that was so ignorant.

I would say yes to one part of what you say, but with caution. The bible can be used as historical reference, on how part of the people in the middle east lived, yes, but it's to be taken with a grain of salt, imo. As to how a good life should be led, I hope that would rather apply to the new testament part, as in the old testament there's a lot of warring, smiting and punishing going on.

Of course the new testament, lol. The old shows our primative nature and explains where our violent nature expels from. We've just grown to show a little more emotion and compassion.

Then perhaps instead of using your time to insult people, you could use it to correct them, instead.

From the Forum's Rules:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Tiggs

[Forum Mod Team]

Sir, I was not rude. I simply said they were ignorant. I even added 'a little', which isn't even my real opinion, because they seem to be very ignorant to me.

When I see someone marking off mine and others' beliefs as 'preposterous', 'unbelievable', 'laughable' etcetera, I point out to them that it is ignorant.

I made that post, and I can assure you I meant no rudeness in it.

Enlighten me, Quack. Please feel free to tell me what I said that was so ignorant.

First, I'd rather you not call me 'Quack'. Sir Quack or Clayton will do just fine.

Now, here is what I think is ignorant:

"The book of Revelation was written regarding the persecution of early Christians under Roman authority. The whole thing is quite literally a ****-fest for persecuted early christians to hold out hope that terrible things would befall Rome allowing them to no longer suffer under them."

This is in no case true, and posting such a thing and not backing it up by some reliable source is frustrating.

I also find your attitude of taking something and crossing/marking it off like a teacher does with a spelling test to be quite ignorant, it's as if you write your opinion to be so very powerful that what you say is done. You remind me also of a speeding driver, you wouldn't stop for anyone. I find this ignorant.

"As it turns out, one of Rome's emporer's went crazy and lost a bet with himself, converting to Christianity, ending persecution. After which time, Christians were pretty ok with Rome."

I need a source for this, again. And here again is your teacher-to-student, genius-to-infant attitude again. It's all very ignorant to me.

"The whole book is an alternative-history science fiction, much like we'd read about a zombie apocalypse or Armageddon story because it makes us think there will be justice against vague, overpowering forces, and we'll all be heroes and act all cool, so was it to them."

And this is so incredibly ignorant, it nearly made my head explode. Alternative-history? Examples, please. The Bible spoke of many historical events and leaders long before archaeologists even knew of them, such as Pilate. It also accurately accounts the conflicts in Jerusalem, and the wars between Egypt and the Middle-East.

And the way you phrase that, also. It sounds to me like you are describing it like a modern work, the Bible is indeed ancient so the words 'cool' and 'science fiction' do not apply here.

Edited by Sir_Quack_The_Wack