Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The power of thought.

Blink4567

There are some people that believe that power of thought is one opf the most powerful tools us humans wield. If we think it it can always be possible. I mean we can create a whole other existance with one thought. Thats how we evolve is by thinking. How we improve things and create things. I believe it possible that maybe we could create a whole other universe without even knowing it. We think one thing, and it may not be true in our exsistance but what about elsewhere? What do yall "think". How powerful is thought? "I think therfore I am".

Edited by Jessem

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blink4567

• Hugh

• Mattshark

• TheSearcher

There are some people that believe that power of thought is one opf the most powerful tools us humans wield. If we think it it can always be possible. I mean we can create a whole other existance with one thought. Thats how we evolve is by thinking. How we improve things and create things. I believe it possible that maybe we could create a whole other universe without even knowing it. We think one thing, and it may not be true in our exsistance but what about elsewhere? What do yall "think". How powerful is thought?

It may change your perception and comprehension of something and you can talk to others about how you see it, however just thinking about something won't do anything about it. Actions have power to alter.

It's possible that "all possibilities actually exist" somewhere in the totality of existence of the universe.

Think of every action physically possible by every particle/energy force actually existing in a kind of maze like structure (as seen from the outside).

Time would be the dimension "outwards" from the center of the structure.

Thought would be our choice of direction through the whole of the structure.

We would choose which direction to go through the whole, and experience the results of those choices along the way.

Memory is our looking backwards along the time dimension with thought about the directions we have taken through the whole.

Future sight is our looking forwards along the time dimension with thought about the possible directions we may take through the whole.

All that is physically possible in the future is accessible through thought.

Currently, we are carried forward through the whole along a time dimension, but I'd like to think that we may eventually understand how to travel anywhere we'd like to within the whole, and experience any possibilities that we'd like to in the past or future, along other timelines and parallel realities.

The exact nature of our consciousness is fascinating to think about, and the limits of it I think are more free than we currently realize. :)

It may change your perception and comprehension of something and you can talk to others about how you see it, however just thinking about something won't do anything about it. Actions have power to alter.

Actions are a big part of it I do agree on that. Im just entertaining the realm of possibility on how powerful a thought really is. Just thoughts alone have changed the way people see the world, But those people did take the action to write it down and publish it to the world.

Actions are a big part of it I do agree on that. Im just entertaining the realm of possibility on how powerful a thought really is. Just thoughts alone have changed the way people see the world, But those people did take the action to write it down and publish it to the world.

Thought conveyed through action has changed the world, thoughts alone do nothing. The mind is product of the biochemistry of the brain, unless you convey it, it remains just that.

It's possible that "all possibilities actually exist" somewhere in the totality of existence of the universe.

Think of every action physically possible by every particle/energy force actually existing in a kind of maze like structure (as seen from the outside).

Time would be the dimension "outwards" from the center of the structure.

Thought would be our choice of direction through the whole of the structure.

We would choose which direction to go through the whole, and experience the results of those choices along the way.

Memory is our looking backwards along the time dimension with thought about the directions we have taken through the whole.

Future sight is our looking forwards along the time dimension with thought about the possible directions we may take through the whole.

All that is physically possible in the future is accessible through thought.

Currently, we are carried forward through the whole along a time dimension, but I'd like to think that we may eventually understand how to travel anywhere we'd like to within the whole, and experience any possibilities that we'd like to in the past or future, along other timelines and parallel realities.

The exact nature of our consciousness is fascinating to think about, and the limits of it I think are more free than we currently realize. :)

I love this outlook! Thanks hugh. I never thought about it to this degree.

I love this outlook! Thanks hugh. I never thought about it to this degree.

Thanks Jessem, it's fascinating to talk about possibilities like this. :)

Thanks Jessem, it's fascinating to talk about possibilities like this. :)

Even though on scientific stance matt is right, I also like to think that it is possible for a thought to be known as an action as it self somtimes.

Even though on scientific stance matt is right, I also like to think that it is possible for a thought to be known as an action as it self somtimes.

Who knows? Anything's possible.

Perhaps the thought itself helps creates the possiblility for things to appear.

The quantum world is a very interesting place to study.

Scientists are still trying to figure it all out.

If science had an answer right now for every kind of phenomenon we'd understand everything perfectly, but it doesn't.

We're still trying to understand the universe and how it all works.

Scientists are actually baffled by a lot of it because as they learn more, they find new questions that need to be answered, that require more study.

It helps to keep an open mind and be willing to think "outside the box" though.

New advancements in science come from people willing to think of other possibilities.

Usually crazy new ideas are first laughed at by the scientific community lol, well usually there is good reason for that because they are too crazy, but here's a quote that I've always liked...

Neils Bohr once attended a meeting when Nobel Laureate Wolfgang Pauli was presenting his version of the unified field theory. Bohr stood up and said, "Mr. Pauli, we in the back are all convinced that your theory is crazy. But what divides us is whether your theory is crazy enough!"

Who knows? Anything's possible.

Perhaps the thought itself helps creates the possiblility for things to appear.

The quantum world is a very interesting place to study.

Scientists are still trying to figure it all out.

If science had an answer right now for every kind of phenomenon we'd understand everything perfectly, but it doesn't.

We're still trying to understand the universe and how it all works.

Scientists are actually baffled by a lot of it because as they learn more, they find new questions that need to be answered, that require more study.

It helps to keep an open mind and be willing to think "outside the box" though.

New advancements in science come from people willing to think of other possibilities.

Usually crazy new ideas are first laughed at by the scientific community lol, well usually there is good reason for that because they are too crazy, but here's a quote that I've always liked...

Neils Bohr once attended a meeting when Nobel Laureate Wolfgang Pauli was presenting his version of the unified field theory. Bohr stood up and said, "Mr. Pauli, we in the back are all convinced that your theory is crazy. But what divides us is whether your theory is crazy enough!"

This is true. Most of the scientific evidence that leads this world today was once thought of as nothing more but insane! My favorite would have to be that the world was flat. Well keep learning and evolving everyday. I cant knock peoples beliefs but I know mine change almost everyday. And yes anything is possible, its almost never just set in stone. I wish it was would make things way more easier, but not as beautiful.

Edited by Jessem

As I see it, the greatest power of our thoughts is that it formulates our perceptions and our perspective on life. Those are the energies that attract various circumstances into a person's reality.

When you think sad things, sad things happen. When you think happy things, happy things happen. This is both the law of attraction and the person's perspective in action. Is the glass half full or is it half empty?

A self empowered person is one who is mindful of their thoughts and directs them in ways that are best for them. That person knows that many of their thoughts are not their own. We are always being influenced by others. It is the power of choice on how to use your thoughts wisely that is not well understood in our culture.

A good topic for discussion. I myself am not as interested in the abstract creative potentials as much as I am interested in the concrete everyday application of the mind and those thoughts that can be found there.

John

When you think sad things, sad things happen. When you think happy things, happy things happen. This is both the law of attraction and the person's perspective in action.

Agreed. :)

You've probably read and enjoyed As a Man Thinketh and books by Tony Robbins as well.

My opinion is without first thought there is no action. Thought is the first creation of a idea or belief and then, depending on how powerful the actual belief is, unconcious and concious ,that catapults action into life.

In my opinion, thought leads to action most of the time, so you are correct. Without thought, there can be nothing. Thought may be a chemical action on a purely scientific point of view, but it is the result of said thoughts that compel us to take action. Survgirl says it better than I do.

From that point of view, one can argue that the initial thought is the action, as there would be no result of any kind without that first impulse. Thoughts are indeed very powerfull when you see it like this.

Who was it that said "nothing is impossible, as long as you can imagine it."?

As I see it, the greatest power of our thoughts is that it formulates our perceptions and our perspective on life. Those are the energies that attract various circumstances into a person's reality.

When you think sad things, sad things happen. When you think happy things, happy things happen. This is both the law of attraction and the person's perspective in action. Is the glass half full or is it half empty?

When you think sad things , you obviously make yourself feel sad, hence when you feel side , you look at the down side of incidents that happen, and so you can conclude that it was a sad thing that happened because you were thinking sad things. Same goes for happy things.

Nice responses. :tu: I think the mind is so much more powerful than we can even imagine. Yes, it is true that action needs to take place as well but the power of the mind floors me sometimes :yes:

Has anyone read Science of the Mind? It's a rather old and large book that I have and I've only flipped thru it. This makes me want to go read it :tu:

I also am a firm believer that you get back what you "give out" so to speak... if you are positive in your thinking then positive things surround you. I am a natural optimist so it's easy for me. Some may think I'm in my own little dream world but I can be smarter than the average bear ;) *cartwheels off*

There are some people that believe that power of thought is one opf the most powerful tools us humans wield. If we think it it can always be possible. I mean we can create a whole other existance with one thought. Thats how we evolve is by thinking. How we improve things and create things. I believe it possible that maybe we could create a whole other universe without even knowing it. We think one thing, and it may not be true in our exsistance but what about elsewhere? What do yall "think". How powerful is thought? "I think therfore I am".

What about those people who don't think? I run into far more of them than those who do. lol

What about those people who don't think? I run into far more of them than those who do. lol

OH THOSE PEOPLE are in a category unto themselves :tu:

OH THOSE PEOPLE are in a category unto themselves :tu:

Hi there Sandy Toes ! see We think alike! As for those people that think in the negitive,I send them Positive thoughts It always makes me feel good. And you Gotta Start Somewhere!

The Mind is No doubt the Center of My Known Universe. Your welcome to come into it anytime.

Yes they are called our leaders where I live

Yes they are called our leaders where I live

No worries, that's the same everywhere, not only where you live. Politicians, the only race of man, that can survive without any shred of cognitive thought and sometimes even without a brain.

No worries, that's the same everywhere, not only where you live. Politicians, the only race of man, that can survive without any shred of cognitive thought and sometimes even without a brain.

O they think, they just forget very easily. lol

:lol:

Sadly there are a lot of people who live like that in general.

I believe thought is the only thing which holds you to the earth. From dreams I know the true nature of thought as a force of intent or energy.

When you can successfully turn your thoughts off (stop thinking), then will you know your answer.

Interesting topic. The whole positive things happen if you think positive is interesting and i guess you attract people and good things if you are smiling happy etc. The people who are out there who are depressed live in a circle cause they think negative. People tend to saty away or they do wrong things. Then they feel worse and so it continues. I do not know if that makes sense.

Also is "the secret" based on positive thinking.

Also with the whole alternate realities, realms, universes thing. If i make a choice just say to turn left instead of right is there another universe thing where i have turned right?

Also if i think 100 times a day to win one million dollars will i win it eventually?