Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The power of thought.

Blink4567

Interesting topic. The whole positive things happen if you think positive is interesting and i guess you attract people and good things if you are smiling happy etc. The people who are out there who are depressed live in a circle cause they think negative. People tend to saty away or they do wrong things. Then they feel worse and so it continues. I do not know if that makes sense.

Also is "the secret" based on positive thinking.

Also with the whole alternate realities, realms, universes thing. If i make a choice just say to turn left instead of right is there another universe thing where i have turned right?

Also if i think 100 times a day to win one million dollars will i win it eventually?

Good question! be nice! But i think hugh in the begining of the thread had the best answer ive seen so for, great philosophy!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blink4567

• Hugh

• Mattshark

• TheSearcher

There is a lot to be said about the power of thought. Thought however does not always reflect the energy of our intentions, which is the energy that creates our reality.

As I see it, there are 3 types of people in our culture.

(1) Those who think.

(2) Those who do not think.

(3) Those who think badly.

Most of us are inclined to think we are that first type of person. We can see the other two types of people all around us. It is an interesting concept to objectively evaluate our own thoughts and ideas to see if they are really ours, or if they are what we have been taught to think.

John

There is a lot to be said about the power of thought. Thought however does not always reflect the energy of our intentions, which is the energy that creates our reality.

(1) Those who think.

Most of us are inclined to think we are that first type of person. We can see the other two types of people all around us. It is an interesting concept to objectively evaluate our own thoughts and ideas to see if they are really ours, or if they are what we have been taught to think.

John

I am proud to be a 2.5 in that case usually i do not think but when i do its bad.

As I see it, the greatest power of our thoughts is that it formulates our perceptions and our perspective on life. Those are the energies that attract various circumstances into a person's reality.

When you think sad things, sad things happen. When you think happy things, happy things happen. This is both the law of attraction and the person's perspective in action. Is the glass half full or is it half empty?

A self empowered person is one who is mindful of their thoughts and directs them in ways that are best for them. That person knows that many of their thoughts are not their own. We are always being influenced by others. It is the power of choice on how to use your thoughts wisely that is not well understood in our culture.

Agreeing with this.

Further I believe thought, at least God's, can create worlds, our own thoughts on the other hand create our very own personal worlds. The magic happens when our little worlds collide with those of others creating the interaction between freewill and fate which I see as both coexisting.

(1) Those who think.

John

I will offer my own list.

There is one type of person and at times they control their thoughts and other times their thoughts control them it is just about getting the balance right.

It may change your perception and comprehension of something and you can talk to others about how you see it, however just thinking about something won't do anything about it. Actions have power to alter.

Agreed, and your perception of something determines your reaction and the action you take in response. I don't see simply thoughts alone creating anything, but being a catalyst to action - the "power" of thought being its "power" to influence what you do and the connection there.

Fascinating topic though! I've read some things about the collective consciousness using quantum entanglement to support that.

the power of thought results in things like religion. where blind faith is held above all else, and shoots down scientific fact.

the power of thought is also why we have these goddamn 2012 threads. becase of the douche who came up with the end of the world propechy from a calendar which said nothing of the sort.

the power of thought results in things like religion. where blind faith is held above all else, and shoots down scientific fact.

the power of thought is also why we have these goddamn 2012 threads. becase of the douche who came up with the end of the world propechy from a calendar which said nothing of the sort.

True, very true. I saw The Secret and how you can basically think yourself into wealth, love, etc. Reminded me of when I was a teenager in Sunday school listening to our "teacher" (they let any fool brave enough to volunteer be a teacher) tell us about how she tithed all this money and money started magically appearing in her bank account. Did she teach us youngsters about the morality of notifying the bank there had been an error, honesty, etc? Nope. Just give money to the church and magic happens. Same line of thinking as in The Secret IMO.

True, very true. I saw The Secret and how you can basically think yourself into wealth, love, etc. Reminded me of when I was a teenager in Sunday school listening to our "teacher" (they let any fool brave enough to volunteer be a teacher) tell us about how she tithed all this money and money started magically appearing in her bank account. Did she teach us youngsters about the morality of notifying the bank there had been an error, honesty, etc? Nope. Just give money to the church and magic happens. Same line of thinking as in The Secret IMO.

The secret, oh lord, people still believe that drivel? I tried to think myself into Angelina Jolie's bedroom, didn't work either. :innocent:

Edited by TheSearcher

The secret, oh lord, people still believe that drivel? I tried to think myself into Angelina Jolie's bedroom, didn't work either. :innocent:

Eh IMO its all based on your prospective really. Ive realized that a person's life is thier own novel. We expierence different things and how we percieve the world. Thought Ive figured out is just that at times, but can also be something powerful ;)