Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Treasure Hunt Book

Althalus

I caught the end of this on a radio show when I arrived at work yesterday, so if someone else could fill in the gaps.

there has been a new book published in america, the difference with this one is that the entire book is filled with clues that you have to solve, if you are successful with the book, you will be led around america to different places, at the end you will find a briefcase, inside the case is a phone number, phone it and you will recieve £200,000 from the author.

the case is locked with a numerical padlock and the dials, so you have to solve further riddles to get it open.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• Magikman

• Althalus

• SpaceyKC

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Al, that's the first I've heard of it.

But I'm sure the author can afford the payoff, since she/he will be making alot of money from the sale of the books! :s1

I brought my kids a book a while back called "Merlin's Mystery" . It is similar in the way that it has a code in it that you have to try and crack. For every book sold they put more money in the prize purse and you could also win a really cool wand.

If you get a copy Al let us know. :) We'll try and help you find the cash and probably help you spend it too .... ;)

Althalus,

I'm not sure if this is the book you're mentioning, but well known American magician David Blaine just recently published a book (auto-biographical, promotional) titled 'Mysterious Stranger'. The promotional part of the book involves unraveling an intricate puzzel of clues, cyphers, and hints interspersed throughout the book that when solved, will lead to a buried treasure worth $100,000.00. That's quite a bit less than the 200,000 pounds sterling you mention, and no one has to actually travel across America to search for it.

Magikman

actualoy that probably is it, like i said they were at the end of the discussion, so i think they were jocking of different ways in which to go hunting for the money, that was one of the ways in which Blaine was thinking of doing it.

Does anybody remeber the book from the late 70's early 80's about the hunt for the golden hare? The author had the object made and in his book gave extremely cryptic clues about solving it. Also a couple of years ago the Sunday Times did a feature in the same vein where they buried several items (daggers i think) around southern england, supposedly buried by a spy of William the Conqueror, who was disguised as a minstrel, reconnoitring the land before the 1066 invasion.

i'll see if i can dig out some links

The first book was called Masquerade, links:

here

here

I found out about the Merlin Mystery here

i haven't found anything yet on the Sunday Times treasure hunt but i did find this website here

OK the one i was talking about was this one here

[DeNiro voice on] "You talking to me?" :::glaring crazily::: :s8 "You talking to me?"[DeNiro voice off]

:s02 :s04

:roll: :s2 @ MM post.

Yes PS I remember that book my Dad still has that one and the Ultimate Alphabet too. I still go thru it when I go over there cos his paintings are so fascinating :twisted: