Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird Birthmarks?

Knockturn

I have these weird bithmarks (at least i think thaey are)on my hips that look like white tiger stripes or something.I was just wondering if anybody else had any birthmarks or anything like that?

• Like 1

They're white and look like tiger stripes? That sounds more like stretchmarks to me.

I've got to agree with Knockturn, those sound like stretchmarks -- take the word of a woman who has her share, lol! laugh.gif

If you've gained a lot of weight, even if you afterwards lost it, that can cause stretchmarks. As, in a related vein, can pregnancy.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your skin color? I'm white, and for me new stretch marks are reddish, then fade to the white look you mentioned. I don't know if they look that way on black people, certain indigenious peoples, etc. Just wondering...

I'm 26, and until i went abroad 2 years ago I never knew that I have a birth mark......

The sun brought out a brown birth mark that stretched around my upper thigh.

Everyone has stretch marks of some kind, even the slimest of people! I agree with the description Wild-Eyes has given.

• Like 1

wink2.gif lol i dont think their stretchmarks.They've always been there,and i actually wish i can gain wait but i cant!!!!!!lol thx anyways though.

Perhaps a little bit old now - but as in weird - i'd give you a genetic weird - in that I had a birth mark like mole on right side of neck!

NOT weird i hear you chant! whistling2.gif

However the weird comes from the fact that it is in exactly the same place as the one my nan has on her neck!

I've since had it removed as it became quite a fun toy for my daughter to play with at 6 months old - i know cruel mommy taking her daugthers fave pass time away!

thumbsup.gif

wink2.gif lol i dont think their stretchmarks.They've always been there,and i actually wish i can gain wait but i cant!!!!!!lol thx anyways though.

I hate to inform you sweetness but you don't just get stretchmarks from gaining weight - you can get them from growth spurts during adolescence!

i/e - when you shoot up in height or your body changes shape at puberty then this sudden change can cause stretchmarks.

Sooooo you might just have to concede to being afflicted with this well known female phenomenon known as STRETCH MARKS!!!!!!

sorry ............................ forgive me ................. i hate giving out bad news! sad.gif

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifI have a odd birth mark in a um odd spot blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

I have a heart condition, and I have a birthmark shaped like a heart on my arm.

I have what they call a strawberry mark on the back of my head,near the bottom.The strange thing is it is shaped like a strawberry and I LOVE strawberries wub.gif ( A strawberry mark gets it name from the colour)

I have a small scratch on me back. I am not sure but my parents told me it is a birthmark but once my uncle said I was kidnapped when I was about one year old cuz my dad was rich and the kidnapper tried to kill me but the police caught him before he could cut me completely .

Well im not sure what it is so I call it my birthmark. original.gif

Thank you.

I don't have a birthmark unless my eyebrow counts, I have brown hair, but my left eyebrow is half blonde and half brown. In the summer it gets even lighter so I end up looking like that guy from Pink Floyd The Wall.,,,Bob Geldof......just on the one side.

user posted image

when you shoot up in height or your body changes shape at puberty then this sudden change can cause stretchmarks.

i got that on my back. It's the most ugliest thing.

I want to get a tatoo later to cover that up but it'll have to be a big tatoo because about a quarter of my back is covered in stretch marks.

Edited by Dowdy

Um, I have a birthmark in the shape of an Airplane on my left ankle. My mom claims that a plane flew over our car (at a low level) before getting to the hospital. I don't know if the two have anything in common, but it does look like a plane. How's that for weird? blink.gif

Edited by Mentalcase

I got a rubbish brown blobby birthmark on my thigh (didnt show up til I was a few months old and my mum tried for ages to scrub it off thinking it was dirt) .... and the obligatory stretch marks that come from being a mother lol

My ex-step-daughter has a birthmark shaped like a turtle on her arm ... and her neice has one exactly the same in exactly the same place.

Oh and my ex-brother-in-law has a black line down his finger-nail ... his mum was sewing when she was pregnant with him and the needle stuck down under her nail in that same place.

Edited by Immy

MC, can I have a look ? I don't mean to be nosey but I've never seen an aireplane birthmark before and as I am about to reveal I've seen my fair share ..

Immy, my son was born without a mark on him , by the time he was 6 weeks old he had 7 birthmarks . So I took him to the Doctor . I was told to watch him so I did . Even kept a birthmark diary .

After 3 more Doctors vistis and 75 more marks I gave up counting . A true birthmark comes the day you are born . I believe you may have a Caffee o laite spot .

Milky coffee coloured , and nothing to worry about .

Kismit, my two youngest also have heaps of ' birthmarks ' they've both been diagnosed with neurofibromatosis type 1.

MC, can I have a look ? I don't mean to be nosey but I've never seen an aireplane birthmark before and as I am about to reveal I've seen my fair share ..

I would give ya a pic if I had a digital camera. I wish I had a digital camera. crying.gif Anyone want to send a certain Mod a digital Camera? tongue.gif Really.

Kismit, I always thought that birthmarks should come at or before birth, but I kinda just took it for granted that's what I had.

What you said sounds way nicer tongue.gif Thanks for the info

I have one of my left arm that looks like a fat bannana near my wrist. grin2.gif

Nice to meet you Tia , excellent diagnosis ,(by excellent diagnosis I mean my son has NF1 too)

I hope your youngest are currently well . original.gif

MC , when you find someone generous enough to donate a digital camera, ask them for one for me too thumbsup.gif

Edited by Kismit

some are in weird places

Edited by Living Dead Girl 666