Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Check Out the Invisibility Cloak

Guest Lottie

Guest Lottie

Flying cars, transparent cloaks, technology which can read minds and games played by brain waves - the stuff of fiction, surely? Not so, these seemingly far-fetched inventions - and more - are now reality.

For a vision of what the future holds, thousands of nay-sayers and believers alike have got an up close and personal glimpse at NextFest, an expo in San Francisco organised by the technology magazine, Wired.

"This is a city that is always looking at what is next," says editor-in-chief Chris Anderson. "We have brought the most innovative minds and extraordinary technologies from around the world and here is what's next. These are the things that will change the way we live and work and play in the future."

The 110 exhibitors were chosen from 2,500 research and development projects underway at universities and corporations worldwide.

Some showcase new thinking; others take an existing concept and turn it on its head, such as Brainball, a computer game in which being ferociously competitive is not on.

Co-inventor Thomas Broome, of Sweden's Interactive Institute, says it's an anti-game.

"The more relaxed you are, the more you can get unconnected to your state of winning and wanting that you actually win this game. Brainball measures your alpha waves and the person who is the most relaxed can push the ball to the other side and win."

Among the game's fans are the musician Brian Eno, yoga gurus and children with attention deficit disorders.

Continued...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chauncy

• bigdog112

• about

• Transhumanism

I was just reading about that.

Pretty schnazzy innovation I'd say!

Wonder what would have happened if the Cubans had a tarp made out of that material to cover their Russian missiles in 1962?

Maybe the government does release their toys when the time is right, or when it is safe to do so.

user posted image

Maybe the government does release their toys when the time is right, or when it is safe to do so.

You seriously think the time is right to release these inventions that could be used in conjunction with...

WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRACTIO...*cough* *cough* DESTRUCTION!

[/size=14]

Edited by Galor

You seriously think the time is right to release these inventions that could be used in conjunction with...

Well I would assume that they released this technology because they can combat it as well, so the threat of concealing WMD with it is probably not a worry.

As I stated with the Cuban missile crisis analogy.

user posted image

WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRACTIO...*cough* *cough* DESTRUCTION!

[/size=14]

Weapons of mass destruction or not, humans will use all weapons to kill each other, because it is human nature to do so. So then, why not then kill each other in more interesting ways? Instead of primitive old weapons, why not use invisible cloaks and the like to surprise-kill people?

So then, why not then kill each other in more interesting ways?

The military most definetly has their eyes on this invisible cloaking deal.....unless of course they have something better........

If it keeps our serving military forces safer then I'm all for it. thumbsup.gif

user posted image

I'n the words of the great homer simpson HOLY MACORONY!! i want all that sh** including the flying car and cloke.

and wth is that plains story?

Ironically enough, we got those pictures of the missiles in Cuba after we discovered the base there. How did we discover the base? What clued us in to their location

Because we saw the local workers build what they believe to be a cultural necessity of every camp: a soccer field.

All the technology in the world won't make up for a single "whoops!"

Edited by aquatus1

All the technology in the world won't make up for a single "whoops!"

Touchee!

The confirmation of the russian missiles would have been difficult with that invisibility technology.

Without that confirmation JFK would have been like the George Dubya and invaded France or even worse.....Canada! w00t.gif

user posted image