Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wingmakers

What do you guys think about the Wingmakers? Do you think they really exist, or that all that stuff was made up by someone?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check this site out:

http://www.wingmakers.com/

I think it's rather intriguing. I like the poetry posted on the site. And I can't help but wonder why the year 2012 keeps popping up all of a sudden in relation to some huge cataclysmic event. There was some thread about it in relation to a Mayan prophecy a couple weeks ago. And now this wingmakers website is saying something about soulless aliens invading earth in 2012.

A part of me calls the stuff on the website silly, but at the same time it makes more sense to me than all the stuff they teach us in the organized religions. Why would there be an entire universe out there just for us? If it was just us and God, why didn't he just put us in a box or something? It makes sense to me that one day we will make contact with all the other species or whatever in the universe, and grow beyond anything we can comprehend. Maybe, if this website is accurate, we'll get to see it in our lifetimes!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gufzoo

• gnalaj

• Burgundy Johnson

• Curiosity

The introduction to the Wingmakers forum page says the anonymous source of all of their content "refers to himself simply as a 'mythmaker'". The webmaster goes on to say "I know and appreciate that there is a strong interest in finding out the 'truth' behind this website and its associated content, but I would just remind people that there is truth in the simple fact that as you immerse yourselves in this mythology, your mind and emotions are expanded".

Gufzoo, the part of you that called the website's content silly is on to something.

Ah, skeptics. Where would we be without them? How much more advanced...

In my opinion, ideas shouldn't be discarded on the basis of being out-there. I'm not gonna run out there and join a Wingmakers cult or anything, but is the Wingmaker "mythology" really more unbelievable than a God who created us, then abandoned us to be all alone in a universe that spans infinity? I'm more inclined to join the open-mindedness club. Which is what I thought this forum represented.

Edited by gufzoo

You know, I've noticed the 2012 thing, too. Various psychics are predicting a lot of stuff from that area more and more, and I've also noticed predictions about aliens coming to earth around that time. I'm pretty sure something's going to happen...

Of course, people in biblical times also thought that the end of the world would be in their lifetime...

Ah, skeptics.  Where would we be without them?  How much more advanced...

In my opinion, ideas shouldn't be discarded on the basis of being out-there.... I'm more inclined to join the open-mindedness club.  Which is what I thought this forum represented.

Gufzoo, didn't you ask

What do you guys think about the Wingmakers? Do you think they really exist, or that all that stuff was made up by someone?
I gave an honest answer that I thought was clearly reasonable based on what the site's webmaster said. I didn't reject the idea simply because it was "out-there".

Is it open-minded to accept only the answers that you hoped for?

Excuse me if I was rude. I can get passionate sometimes... wink2.gif

All you did was copy a quote, then call it silly without any basis for an argument as to why it was silly. I saw nothing in the quote to lead me to believe that the Wingmaker "mythology" was all silliness. I took it to mean that people's minds would be expanded by what they found at the site, and in that way know that the "myth" is true. What's wrong with that?

The part of me that spoke out against your response did not come from a desire that you "accept only the answers that I hoped for". It spoke out against the way you dismissed the idea without a firm reason and argument for why. Without providing that, you portray yourself as being close-minded, even if you are not. So, why do you think the Wingmaker myth is silly?

I'm sorry for not being clear. It looks like we see what I quoted in two different ways. A myth to me is a fictitious story. The webmaster seemed, to me, to be stating the benefits of something that was made up.

"Silly" was what you used. I was paraphrasing your words. I personally think of it as a good story that wants to be something more.

Ohhh, I gotcha. Yeah, I didn't see it that way. Well, why would the person who spent all that time and effort to set up that website then go on to dismiss it as being fictitious? Maybe he couldn't think of another word to describe this - what? belief? religion? experience? IMO, mythology is as good a word as any.

After reading over the site's Creator question and answer sessions, I'm more inclined to agree with your last post. The initial assumptions that I made from the webmaster's use of "mythmaker" and "mythology" went too far. On re-evaluating, I'd say he did imply a grey area rather than completely fictional.

I think you have good intuition.

Why thank you. And I think you're a lot more open-minded than I initially gave you credit for.

Did you check out the poetry and art work? Some of it is truly moving stuff.

Check out painting 6 in the first gallery. Someone in the wingmakers forum told me I should look at that one in particular, and when I did, my forehead started to tingle. Could be coincidence, but who knows? thumbsup.gif

the art is kinda hippyish and i dont trust it especially since hes tryin to sell it....

How could you be so sure about the year 2012?? I mean pyshic's aren't always correct, infact they are never right. Did the world think back in the Year 2000 that it was going to be the end? and the year 1981 what also going to be the end of the world?? I mean what proof or evidence do we have other than some ancient record that was more than 2000 years ago?

I never said I predict that to be when the world's gonna end. I just thought it strange that two completely different sources (the Mayans, and the Wingmakers) predict something big, not necessarily the end of the world, but more like the beginning of a new age or something, to happen in 2012.