Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spirit Relationships

Sergeant

Intimate encounters with spirits is a topic rarely discussed but happens more frequently than generally believed. Most people keep to themselves in fear of public ridicule. Unable to discuss with anyone and go on wondering if their experience is real or if they're going crazy.

I've learned, as my two spirits have shown me beyond a shadow of doubt they are real. I've posted my account on various paranormal and ghost forums in attempt to reach out to those special individuals to let them know these things do happen and it may not be imagination. If you yourself experience this type of thing feel free to email me startedin1979@google.com if you don't want to discuss publicly.

This community has a lot of skeptics and that's fine. I expect skepticism especially with such a strange topic.

Please keep this discussion open with PG rated comments. It's VERY personal, and a lot of things aren't discussed here due to the nature of the subject.

It started for me back in the mid 1970's. I was about 17 years old then and began a new hobby - and it wasn't collecting stamps. Two spirits found my hobby and remained hidden from my awareness. Apparently they didn't want to frighten me into chasing them off. They encouraged my hobby through enhancement and suggestion. I could hear their encouragement, and I always thought it was imagination.

I married the most wonderful woman in 1993. My wife and I are so close, soul-mates if you will and made for each other. Our 3 kids are happy and well adjusted in our peaceful home.

We hardly ever argue but discuss issues as they come along. We had a personal difference begin to build in about June 2008.

I began having a reoccuring dream in the hazy-mind state just before sleep. I'd see an image of a perfectly beautiful woman (In every way) calling me over and we'd begin kissing a deep, emotional open-mouth yawn type kiss and embrace. It was very loving and personal, just kissing and I'd eventually fall completely asleep. The dream never varied from that.

The differences between me and my wife in June 2008 led to the worst argument of our marriage in July. The air was thick with conflict that night and I lay on my back, peering into the dark bedroom (Lit by our two alarm clocks) contemplating the argument and searching for a resolve.

I noticed a rotating, revolving or churning gray cloud or mist the size of a beach ball near the ceiling. Looking at it saw nothing but clearly there in the peripheral. It wasn't scary so I lay there for maybe 20 minutes wondering what that is, when a 2nd shadow or something move very slowly then scoot and vanish on the other side of the room. It wasn't scary, but was wondering what the heck that might be.

I felt an almost electric tingling feeling begin in my foot and move up my leg. It was pleasant so I let it move undisturbed. It felt like someone dropped from above onto the bed, between me and my sleeping wife and something became fully "ready" in less than 10 seconds. I felt wave after wave of pleasure so strong it lay my head back.

Note there was no touching at all, just very ready and those waves. The waves subsided after maybe 15 minutes and I eventually fell asleep.

I thought it was imagination or something the next day, but it happened again the next night. I felt it was some kind of spirit and told my wife about the encounters and she was (understandably) skeptical.

I lay night after night waiting for- and experiencing this. I truly believed it to be a spirit so I learned to work a pendulum and had immediate communication. She said we had been married in all our past lives, and now continuing with this one. I was very skeptical.

It went on for a few months and I considered it to be some kind of psychosis or hallucination, all in my head. After all, I was the only one experiencing this and began to seriously disbelieve it.

That's when the paranormal stuff began happening in our home. Here are a few shared experiences, seen/heard by other people in our house (Consider I never discussed this further with anyone):

* Objects move by themselves. Door knobs turn, the doors open as if someone is coming through, faucets turn on/off by themselves and even water has been unaturally re-directed

* Noises: Bangs, slides, creaks, rapps, taps, odd distant voices and unintelligible conversation, buzzes, weird music, someone saying "Hello" right in front of your face and more.

* Touches, brushes, scrapes, scratches, taps

* Appearing/vanishing shadows, localized-isolated flashes and sparks of light, seeing someone for an instant but looking back is gone etc

My belief is very important to them, and since I no longer doubt, most public displays of activity has stopped.

We occasionally have something happen but the last incident was quite a while ago.

Things have steadily progressed over the past year regarding my personal intensity and "Vividness" of our encounters.

I no seldom use the pendulum anymore but communicate telepathically.

To be clear, let me say this has nothing to do with the old "Hobby". All interest has gone since they came out from behind that medium. There is no touching - they even asked me not to do so and I almost never "Finish" when we're together.

This isn't a dream.

Interaction can happen anytime day or night. Times like watching TV or a movie, swimming and even while shopping or in the car.

The experience is rather like being covered and bathed in the most intense loving and extacy one could ever be. The level of true devotional love, satisfaction and enjoyment can not be obtained with human to human. This is not interaction with thin air - they do have all the relevant parts and endless time to perfect their use.

I wanted to be sure about what I've been experiencing and have been on an intense research study on the subject since they openly manifested. I've found countless people, men and women reporting brief contact with, and ongoing relationships with spirits.

Some encounters I've came across with others range from one night brushes while full-fledged relationships of less than a year and up to over three decades as in my case.

I am not talking about malevolent demons that rape.

I've came across many people who encounter those as well, and they have an underlying motive to create chaos and destruction in the lives of who ever comes across their path.

The beings I refer to are benign, opposite with a one track goal of love and intimate activity. They all have individual personalities. Some are kind and completely considerate to a person's worldly dealings. Tender, kind, loving and monogamous. Other personalities are not as nice and considerate.

I'll leave a few links before ending my opening. I have a couple links to other forums of people experiencing these types of beings, but I understand posting such links are against policy. Here are a few to (Hopefully) keep within the rules here:

Ida Craddock - Heavenly Bridegroom

Gina Lanier - Spirit Relationships

Two women report spiritual partners

Anna Nicole Smith reported encounters

I have left out a lot of things for the nature of the subject.

For the record, I'm a person who is skeptical first (But not to the point of blatant denial). I'm very technical oriented and solve network related issues on a professional level for my employer (A major utility) and enjoy working through engineering and construction challenges on the side. One of the things I do as a past time is design electronic circuits of many types.

I'm saying that I have a technical thought process and well grounded in reality.

Ok, that's about it for now, please keep this decent thread PG. Thanks!

Edited by Sergeant
  • Like 1

Interesting topic. Intimate encounters with spiritual entities isn't that uncommon and can be found in many polytheistic societies. It tends to be with a spirit, deity, or even having one enter one's own body to allow them to experience the act.

Ok, that's about it for now, please keep this decent thread PG

That was a good note to end it :tu:

Thanks

B???

Edited by behaviour???

Hi Lady.

It wasn't so much a hobby but more of an activity someone does by themselves. Sorry I can't explain any further.

They revealed themselves July 2008 and so it was neccessary to explain their involvement since the 1970's, otherwise I wouldn't mention at all.

I was also somewhat active in the occult back then. From about 1979 to 1983 I studied OBE and attempted to make myself as spiritually sensitive as possible through meditation. I've never been psychic but had a few friends who had the gift and helped me in my study.

My psychic study abruptly ended in 1983 when I was "Saved" in the Church, but my two spirits remained.

I remained unintersted and inactive until July 08 when they appeared. Now I am learning all I can.

Edited by Sergeant

SO what is the purpose of these spirits? just for you to know they are there? or is there a more internal need that they can give you that the people in your life cannot? Do you view this sexual intimacies as cheating on your wife? has your wife ever had the same experience?

I can only guess as to why but vivid sexual fantasies often surface in dreams. How can one tell the difference between a sexy dream and intercourse with a spirit?

SO what is the purpose of these spirits? just for you to know they are there? or is there a more internal need that they can give you that the people in your life cannot? Do you view this sexual intimacies as cheating on your wife? has your wife ever had the same experience?

Hi SurvGirl.

These types of spirits have only one agenda, and that's to experience love and intimacy with humans. It is incredibly pleasurable to them, I'm told far more than ours. They won't discuss much of anything that strays too far from that topic.

They simply exist for the activity, a sort of affliction (If one would call that an affliction).

This is not limited to sexual intimacy. It's a full-fledged relationship on all levels. The level of this relationship is not possible human to human.

My life was not lacking anything before and up to the point they appeared. I'm married to my soul-mate and we share a closeness rarely found in couples, especially after 15 years.

Several things have changed. My wife and I no longer have a "Normal" situation to say the least. I never considered previous activity with them as cheating ... I believed it to be only imagination so that is something I'm wrestling with.

This type of spirit is willing to leave upon request, but is steadfast in staying as long as they are wanted. And that is the downside.

They have some special abilities, one is telepathy and so is able to read thoughts.

It is relatively easy to completely reject them early on, before any relationship develops. I've came across so many people who report this but rejected out of fear,etc and are never bothered again. There are only two people I know who successfully got rid later, in a more established union. Both relationships were under a year and was accomplished by total denial and rejection.

The spirit eventually moved on, assumed to a more willing person.

The problem is the relationship grows so deep, the intimacy is so pleasurable that deep down, we do want their attention. Yes, 90% wants them gone but they read that 10% and remain to taunt and tease until given into.

That is the core of my problem.

30 Years of interaction can't be ignored. Although unaware of their actual existance, a relationship did develop.

I stopped all my psychic study in 1993 when Saved in the Church. I lived my life for Christ to the utmost best of my ability for years. The church said my "Hobby" was sinful so I used all the power I knew avalable in the Church to end it. I really tried to stop it, but a small part of me still wanted it - so they remained uneffected.

My relationship in 1993 was already past the point of no return.

I've been with them for +30 years, more or less in a spousal type relationship. I've been with my wife for 15. Is it cheating? I'm not sure if one can cheat being intimate with a spirit. I'm conflicted with the idea.

But I can tell you the relationship with my wife has very much improved. Since my "Hobby" no longer exists that energy is used with intimacy to my wife. A "Spark" if you will.

I've told my wife about them and she became 110% a believer witnessing the unexplainable things that occasionally happen in our home. She doesn't ask about them very much, and I don't volunteer any information. Both of us wish we could have a "Normal" situation but it can not be.

My wife has witnessed the spirits interact with me at night, but has not reported any intimatcy herself.

I gots ta get me one a these!

My advice to a younger person (under 30'ish) it to leave well alone and flat out reject and deny any advancements, should one occur.

These spirits have as many different personalities as can possibly be and I am very, very lucky. Mine in paticular choose to remain anonymous for 30 years, allowing my development in dating, intimacy, love, marriage and family. (They are extremely concerned for my welfare/happiness)

Should I had been aware at 17 years old, I would have been cheated out of all the normal human relationship development for them and surely regret now.

My advice for older people who report this is to follow what ever they feel is right for them, but don't tarry and wait for a decision, it gets very difficult very fast.

Another downside is you can not discuss this in person with anybody.

A person can go through a lifetime keeping it to themselves wondering if anyone else experiences it.

My motive here is to reach out to those people.

If it was happening in dreams it might be a product of your own fantasies and desires but seeing as it is the work of ghosts it entirely their fault and not yours. Good thing you can tell the difference between dreams and reality. It would be quite a moral dilemma for you otherwise.

Edited by sinewave

I can only guess as to why but vivid sexual fantasies often surface in dreams. How can one tell the difference between a sexy dream and intercourse with a spirit?

Hi Sinewave! I consider you the best critic here :innocent:

The main interaction isn't while sleeping. For me, it happens any time of the day when ever both these conditions are met:

1) "Something" is right. I'm not sure if it's a psychic alignment or pathway. Ever listen to a distant AM station thousands of miles away on a clear night? (Called skip) Kind of like that. One moment comes in really very strong, then fades etc. I don't know what it is.

2) It is convenient for me. They are always with me, they go where ever I am but "Go dormant" if I get busy doing anything. There have been times when we've been "In a session" and they suddenly and unexpectedly end it. It always means something is about to happen to end it anyway and I can count on it. (Phone rings, etc)

I don't usually remember my dreams. But my wife has witnessed interaction while I sleep by my movements, noises, expression and my privates being manipulated.

Hi Sinewave! I consider you the best critic here :innocent:

I prefer skeptic. Critics spend most of their time devaluing the work of others. I'm just a guy who needs a new hobby.

Hi sergeant first of all can i say i think it was very brave of you to open up and share your experiences with everyone on um and it must have been very difficult to have to share this with your wife. It sounds like a wonderful sensation when it happens but i can understand why it feels so much like cheating on your wife. It is very interesting that your wife has actually witnessed this happening to you also. Thank you for posting this it must have been very difficult for you and i hope you get to the bottom of things.

I'm curious about the fact that you said you used a pendulum as a form of communication, but you consider yourself skeptical. How exactly did you use the pendulum? From what I've heard, you can only ask yes or no questions. If that is the case, then at some point you must have asked "Were we married in a previous life?". Now you seem to accept this, and the idea of reincarnation.

Personally, when I tried experimenting with pendulums I found them pretty unconvincing. I'd ask the same question multiple times and get inconsistent or incorrect answers. I don't mean to nitpick over small details, but the pendulum bit stuck out to me the most.

Not too long ago I read a story about a woman who believes she encountered sexual "entities". She thought of them as malicious incubi, but there are some similarities to your story. This woman experienced things multiple times throughout the day, like you mentioned. But she also took prescription sleep aids, which makes me wonder if she didn't have some kind of sleep disorder (which I imagine could possibly affect your mind during waking hours) or side effects from the drugs. Perhaps her case can help shed some light on yours: http://www.ghostlytalk.com/node/1282

Edited by Cybele

Hi Cybele:

I'm curious about the fact that you said you used a pendulum as a form of communication, but you consider yourself skeptical. How exactly did you use the pendulum? From what I've heard, you can only ask yes or no questions.

I believe sensitivity to spirits (And related things) can be handed down generation to generation. My parents aren't psychic, but my father told me how he used to locate wells in the 1930's (40 feet deep and less) using "L" shaped welding rods or a willow branch. He was extremely successful, missing one well by only 6 inches out of more than a dozen on neighboring farms. Me? I tried the same thing walking around my neighborhood (After dark so I didn't look silly) and got no response at all.

Nobody really knows the mechanics behind how that works and I read that divining rods and Pendulums probably work on the same principle.

I was so curious what was happening to me and wanted to try communication but didn't want to use Ouija.

I constructed a pendulum and it became pretty consistent after a day's practice. I made a simple chart able to provide these answers: Yes, No, Don't know and Won't tell. I don't recall my exact questions but they went something like this:

"To the spirit that has been interacting with me, can you hear me?"-Yes

"Are you a demon?" -No

"Are you an angel?" -Yes

"Are you an angel from the light of God?" -Yes

"Are you female?" -Yes

I asked seperate questions if she was from Asia, Africa, Europe, Brazil, Canada and got -No for each.

"Are you from the U.S.?" - Yes

I then isolated it to the South West U.S.

I then made a 0-9 chart and asked the date and found between 1800 and 1850.

"Were you Indian?" -Yes

I made an alphabet chart and asked the tribe. "Navajo" was spelled.

I asked her to spell her name. "Nyol".

I was very skeptical about all these answers. I had no way of knowing if my subconsiously was manipulating the answers so I did a google search on the name "Nyol" and found a Navajo baby name database and Nyol was there, meaning "Like the wind".

There might be some kind of communication problem and I now suspect they were paired up with a Navajo man, but not one themselves.

I still have my Pendulum but I don't use it much anymore and my main form of communication is telepathy.

They were talking to me all along but I didn't recognize them so I asked them to communicate in a different voice.

They can also be funny and whitty, as they began speaking in an ultra-comical and extremely exaggerated Sara Palin (Northern Alaskan) voice. I'm making no political statement here, but it became extremely annoying in a short time so they went back to normal, but I can recognize them mow.

They say my pendulum has been accurately reflecting their answers and I find telepathy is much more flexible.

At that point in time I was still very skeptical about this whole thing. I wasn't sure if it was just in my mind or what.

Still researching, I found a community devoted to the rational and respectful discussion of these specific types of beings. I was told they usually don't want their real names made public for possible harm, so I asked my spirits if I could publicly refer them by the name of "Sue". (I later found it really doesn't matter)

I still wasn't completely convinced about all this so I joined a community of psychics. They seemed very serious about what they do and very tallented. I requested a free reading, asking exactly what spirits are hanging around me. I gave no further information.

They detected two spirits.

One was a guide by the name "Sue". (I was shocked they identified the name)

The other was cloaked, preventing a reading. They didn't detect any evil but advised caution for the cloaking.

Things were beginning to line up too many times for this to me 100% imagination.

Weird things began happening in our house which sealed my belief.

At some point you must have asked "Were we married in a previous life?". Now you seem to accept this, and the idea of reincarnation.

I was saved in 1993 and was a fundamentalist Christian for years. I was extremely narrow minded. I've backed off being so ridgid and accept the possibility of many ideologies.

Hi again Cybele.

I read a story about a woman who believes she encountered sexual "entities". She thought of them as malicious incubi, but there are some similarities to your story. This woman experienced things multiple times throughout the day, like you mentioned.

Thanks for the link.

In my case I usually sleep well and don't take any drugs except a cup of coffee (Caffene) most every day and an occasional BC or Goody powder for headache. I don't even use alcohol very much, a glass of wine maybe once every few months and don't like beer.

I can not tell you without doubt what these spirits are.

They say they are Angles of the Light from God. But if that were so I'd think they would have more on their mind other than thier focus. I'm not saying they are lying, I just don't know.

Some people say this is Succubus.

Popular social status against Succubus/incubis reflects the Wiki description:

Wiki - Succubus/Incubis

It states they are demons who have sex with humans while they sleep for the purpose of draining life until death while the Succubus collects semen from the men to impregnate human woman, giving birth to hybrid children.

That statement is blatently false according to everyone I've ever talked to experiencing this. 1) Primary interaction isn't while sleeping 2) They don't drain energy, if anything they share it 3) Humans don't usually "Finish" and so no semen, and no woman has reported a spiritual baby for 2009 years.

The Wiki source is from the Spanish Inquisition in 1486 a.d. Malleus Maleficarum that says these hybrid babies is practically any child with birth defects (Mental retardation etc). Also states witches (you and me) should be murdered, and children are taken and replaced by devils for parents sins.

Very wack-o stuff.

I've been searching for the real truth about this for a very long time.

There is the famous case of Doris Bither (Portrayed by the character "Carla Moran") and her terrible attacks The Entity. which was documented by a paranormal team. However the goal of this being was to tear her and her family down, wear them down and create chaos and destruction. It was using violent rape to achieve it's goal and seemed to enjoy demise.

Other people I've discussed with and my own spirits are exactly opposite so my only conclusion is there are two or more types (Or possible species?) of these beings on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Edited by Sergeant

Thanks for your post.

To be honest, and intending no offense but stating fact, from some skeptical points of view, any religious person's "experiences" are suspect from the start, the more faithful/fundamental, the more suspect, not from dishonesty of course, but a certain receptive and fantasy-prone mindset. Someone I know who had a "spirit guide" on the Ouija board that we used also went to church and was "slain in the spirit" (fell down in the floor and probably twitched or writhed) and claimed he actually saw her (guide) standing there, in the middle of church. Honestly I personally have no doubt this is a complete product of his own mind.

Pendulums are entirely worthless, like Ouija boards, some forms of automatic writing, table rapping, etc. as they are all influenced by the ideomotor function.

Anything that happens 15 mins before bed or after waking is suspect due to sleep paralysis, hypno-gogic and -pompic hallucinations, as per the link in my signature.

Next, this is not specifically aimed at you because we actually have a fairly regular number of posts like yours, in this respect, and again, is not intended to offend. Your cryptic past hobby and revelations and occult practices you won't discuss quite strike me as extremely irritating, stubborn and "special snowflakey", and do nothing but hurt any case where someone is presenting their experiences, either for examination or to provide their own testimony of what they have experienced. You can't say "from my secret past stuff I did I can't tell you about, I can confirm the existence of Chupacabra - believe me" and expect it to carry any weight whatsoever - so "and I was having relations with this spirit" likewise gets the crooked mouth emoticon from most.

Just so I say it and don't appear to be fencing or sniping, the entirely of your story, when broken down into its component parts (the ones you reveal anyway) and then arranged into a linear structure, is quite honestly one of regular posting around UM, that of the person who was either never religious or was a good or non-practicing Christian, who got interested in the occult and probably "Magick" (Chaos?), did spirit communications, maybe ghost hunting, began seeing things, figures, shadows, hearing things, feeling sensations. Now at the point where things like this happen to you in waking life, while swimming for example (presuming you're not talking about while you're floating on your back, because if you are, then hypnogogic hallucinations again apply), I honestly would recommend professional examination.

Hi Paranormalcy.

Thanks for your post.

Your cryptic past hobby and revelations and occult practices you won't discuss quite strike me as extremely irritating, stubborn and "special snowflakey", and do nothing but hurt any case where someone is presenting their experiences, either for examination or to provide their own testimony of what they have experienced. You can't say "from my secret past stuff I did I can't tell you about, I can confirm the existence of Chupacabra - believe me" and expect it to carry any weight whatsoever - so "and I was having relations with this spirit" likewise gets the crooked mouth emoticon from most

We all have our own opinions.

Do you have any specific questions? I think I've been very forthcoming. The only thing I believe to be secretive about is the "Hobby" which I felt neccessary to keep the posting PG rated. I had assumed the activity would be known, especially after I explained a second time to Lady Amethyst.

If you discredit someone simply because they have a faith-based belief system that is your choice but seems rather narrow minded.

Given the name of the website, I've given no explanation of what these are, other than some type of spirit and some theories and therefore remain an unexplained mystery. I don't know what rubs you so wrong about my account, it is only that - an account.

I still have my Pendulum but I don't use it much anymore and my main form of communication is telepathy. They were talking to me all along but I didn't recognize them so I asked them to communicate in a different voice.

They can also be funny and whitty, as they began speaking in an ultra-comical and extremely exaggerated Sara Palin (Northern Alaskan) voice. I'm making no political statement here, but it became extremely annoying in a short time so they went back to normal, but I can recognize them mow.

They say my pendulum has been accurately reflecting their answers and I find telepathy is much more flexible.

Can you describe how these "entities" speak to you? Are they like normal thoughts in your head or are they out loud, as if someone was actually right next to you? I don't mean to jump to conclusions here, but if it is the latter, I would be concerned. Habitually hearing voices is never a good sign.

I felt an almost electric tingling feeling begin in my foot and move up my leg. It was pleasant so I let it move undisturbed.

I feel like I should have commented on this in my first post. I made a thread on here a while back about my experience with something that sounds exactly like this (the electric tingling, not the last bit =p). It was called "Unusual Sensations Brought on by Meditation". After meditating one night, I began to be annoyed by odd tingling, tickling sensations every night for a few months. The odd sensation rising up my leg was also something I experienced. At first I thought I did something wrong with my meditation, but being skeptical, I also did everything I could to research potential medical causes for my symptoms. Explanations ranged from restless leg syndrome to prescription drug withdrawal to menopause to schizophrenia. The next time I went to my doctor, I mentioned my symptoms and she suggested I might have a vitamin D deficiency. She prescribed vitamin D pills, and ever since I started taking them , I haven't been bothered by my old symptoms.

My point in relating my experience to you is to explain that not everything that at first seems unusual or paranormal is beyond scientific explanation. Perhaps many of your experiences can't be explained simply, but I would still suggest that you seek alternate medical and scientific explanations.

I still wasn't completely convinced about all this so I joined a community of psychics. They seemed very serious about what they do and very talented. I requested a free reading, asking exactly what spirits are hanging around me. I gave no further information.

They detected two spirits.

One was a guide by the name "Sue". (I was shocked they identified the name)

The other was cloaked, preventing a reading. They didn't detect any evil but advised caution for the cloaking.

You constantly claim skepticism, yet you consulted psychics and then accepted their conclusions? I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense to me. And Sue isn't exactly an uncommon name.

The Wiki source is from the Spanish Inquisition in 1486 a.d. Malleus Maleficarum that says these hybrid babies is practically any child with birth defects (Mental retardation etc). Also states witches (you and me) should be murdered, and children are taken and replaced by devils for parents sins.

Lol, I'm not a witch. I tried using a pendulum once out of curiosity, but it failed to impress me as useful so I gave it up rather quickly.

There is the famous case of Doris Bither (Portrayed by the character "Carla Moran") and her terrible attacks The Entity. which was documented by a paranormal team. However the goal of this being was to tear her and her family down, wear them down and create chaos and destruction. It was using violent rape to achieve it's goal and seemed to enjoy demise.

Yes, I've read about the Doris Bithers case. I'm not really convinced that there were any "beings" involved at all. An interview with her son revealed that she was an alcoholic with a lot of self loathing and a history of abusive relationships. If there was anything "paranormal" going on at all in that case, I would imagine it would be something negative originating from the woman herself.

Thanks for the questions and comments Cybele.

Can you describe how these "entities" speak to you? Are they like normal thoughts in your head or are they out loud, as if someone was actually right next to you?

They have been both, but not habitually. It's mainly during our sessions.

My son and wife have heard them as well.

I began to be annoyed by odd tingling, tickling sensations every night for a few months. The odd sensation rising up my leg was also something I experienced.

In my case the tingling only happened twice, sitting in the same place/position (Which might itself provide a logical explanation for the sensations) in July 2008 but was also associated with extreme arousal and waves of intense feelings which seemed to come from an external source. (Not myself) I'm not ruling out your possible explanation though.

I would still suggest that you seek alternate medical and scientific explanations.

I whole heartedly agree. I've been intensely researching this and try and keep an open mind and try to reason out anything as it happens.

You constantly claim skepticism, yet you consulted psychics and then accepted their conclusions? I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense to me. And Sue isn't exactly an uncommon name.

I was skeptical for the longest time that I was experiencing anything other than imagination and looking for clarification either way. I consulted a psychic, and if they found nothing it would have been further proof to me that this is nothing. However they claimed to identify two spirits, the same number I had suspected and yes Sue is a very common name but I thought very strange they would find that one.

Conclusive, no. But just one more thing.

Lol, I'm not a witch. I tried using a pendulum once out of curiosity, but it failed to impress me as useful so I gave it up rather quickly.

A lot of (Or most) people find pendulums useless. There are also people who use and seem to work for them.

Yes, I've read about the Doris Bithers case. I'm not really convinced that there were any "beings" involved at all. An interview with her son revealed that she was an alcoholic with a lot of self loathing and a history of abusive relationships. If there was anything "paranormal" going on at all in that case, I would imagine it would be something negative originating from the woman herself.

You are absolutely right.

My point was that society tends to automatically label my kind of relationship as "Evil", "Demonic" when it may not be the case.

Thank you for not going into detail on your hobby, I have a vague idea, which is about all I want to have.

I don't discredit people or claims because of their belief system, but I DO adjust my criteria for a lot of elements in the posts, depending on such.

For example, someone who is a devout fundamentalist Christian that reports experiences with Angels (or Demons), or rabid UFO researchers with tons of claims about UFO and alien activity they themselves witnessed or were otherwise somehow involved, yes, I do indeed place somewhat less credibility on their reports due to their "closeness" to their "pet" subject, even to other potentially related ones.

Whitley Strieber, for example, author of Communion, and apparent "alien abductee" is/was Catholic of some sort, to some intensity, thus the name "Communion" for his book to begin with.

Past that, he was also farther back in his past, a member of the Guerdjeff Foundation, an occult/mystical group (perhaps even cult).

Additionally, lastly, he is also a horror novelist.

Who even knows about his full psychiatric and narcotics and alcohol history and background.

Now, he reports being an abductee. Given the number of strange things he's been a part of and knows about, how much credence is one to give him in pretty much any of his claims?

You see my logic here? It isn't any particular religion itself or a hate of religion or its adherents, but an acknowledgment of the tendencies of people in a certain "set" of demographics to be more likely to exhibit certain apparently culture/religion-related traits, experiences, etc. This isn't done out of spite or trying to be unfair or punish anyone or any religion - it is noting the very relevant connections that can influence experiences.

I can't really get into a question frame, except to make my observation about your hobby, and now your current... predicament... as you might imagine, where I think we both can say they're probably linked, your view would likely be that you somehow attract that sort of entity because of your predelictions, while mine would be that your experiences are based on your past and expectations and interest - I presume you can see how I arrived at this interpretation?

Thank you for clarifying that Paranormalcy.

I've noticed a few things from a lot of people everywhere.

1)There are those who accept practicaly anything as paranormal with little/no investigation. Those are very gullible in my view.

2)There are also those who beleive but skeptical. They need proof, and and accept the unexplained only after a thorough investigation has been conducted, and all other possibilities have been ruled out.

3)Some refuse to believe, I think mainly Agnostics until they experience something unexplainable and the event makes them reconsider their beleifs.

4)Agnostics who refuse to believe, for the sake of their Agnosticist mold. They will sometimes explain the unexplainable with ideas just as controversial or unexplainable as the event(s) they are trying to rationalize.

5)Thumpers who refuse to believe, for the sake of their religious mold. They will explain the unexplainable with scary ideas gathered from other people.

My relgious belief was very strong from 1983 to about 1985. I was convinced my belief was the only truth and rejected all other possibilities. My attitude was very bigoted. I was screwed in numerous churches for not donating 10% of my gross pay. Money/business is their motive and I haven't been active for about 24 years until recently.

My wife and I have decided to attend a Catholic church about 4 months ago. We go about twice a month because we wanted our kids to become familiar with it. Another reason is I've ran into quite a few "Thumpers" who say my spirits are Demons of Satan and trying to separate me from the love of God. I think the closed-minded thumpers are related to- but exact opposite of Atheists (4) above.

Edit:

I find the thumpers paticularly annoying, especailly when they repeat their scary stories to those who experience the paticualr things I am. They only offer fear, guilt and confusion. I am trying to hedge off some of thier claims by proving them wrong and attending a Catholic church.

You might be right- The people who become familiar with the subject(s) are more likely to experience them. It also might be ridgid Athiests I spoke of experience just as many events in average - but simply refuse to bend thier Atheistic ideology.

Edited by Sergeant

I had made an error here:

4)Agnostics who refuse to believe, for the sake of their Agnosticist mold. They will sometimes explain the unexplainable with ideas just as controversial or unexplainable as the event(s) they are trying to rationalize.

I meant to say:

4)Atheists who refuse to believe, for the sake of their Atheistic mold. They will sometimes explain the unexplainable with ideas just as controversial or unexplainable as the event(s) they are trying to rationalize.

But I think a healthy skepticism is good and most here fall into that category.

Edited by Sergeant