Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spirit Relationships

Sergeant

Thanks for the reply.

As far as evidence, I've done some limited EVP work with questionable results. Setting photographic equipment is not an option. There's also a fact that photographic and other evidence already exist on places such as YouTube (along with hoaxes) for the general paranormal. If a mist or other non-normal thing should appear in a camera it would likely be dismissed as the same. More, I am not out to prove existence to anyone.

Yes the mind and thoughts can be a very powerful thing. My Tulpa theory comes to mind. A mental disorder would be possible if I were the only one experiencing this, and it was my serious consideration early on. However the intelligent interaction with others erased my doubts.

I think you'd be surprised by how normal it is for the average person to go through things like this in their life.

Is it not a solid conclusion to investigate and challenge a very extraordinary experience by simply asking others if they experience the same thing. If I seek out people who have spoken to Jesus, been kissed by the devil, had sexual relations with a Ghost or people who believe they are Jesus re-incarnated, I know I will find them.

Do you see that by seeking out other people like yourself in an attempt to question your doubt you are actually erasing the doubt yourself?

Like I said, you would be surprised by how many people feel they experience things and take part in extraordinary things. By trying to reach out to them, there was only one conclusion, that you would find them. So that doesn't actually change anything, because even though I am not a believer, I know that you will find these people, just like you will find people who believe they have been abducted. But it does not make it any more real.

Can you honestly say it is such a wild and outlandish thought that you are experiencing this because you enjoy it? Rather than an actual ghost. It is really fun to experience ghostly things, people love to attribute noises and experiences to something "magical", but that does not make it any more real.

I know i'm pressuring you, but personally, I have good reasons.

I think you'd be surprised by how normal it is for the average person to go through things like this in their life.

Is it not a solid conclusion to investigate and challenge a very extraordinary experience by simply asking others if they experience the same thing. If I seek out people who have spoken to Jesus, been kissed by the devil, had sexual relations with a Ghost or people who believe they are Jesus re-incarnated, I know I will find them.

Do you see that by seeking out other people like yourself in an attempt to question your doubt you are actually erasing the doubt yourself?

Like I said, you would be surprised by how many people feel they experience things and take part in extraordinary things. By trying to reach out to them, there was only one conclusion, that you would find them. So that doesn't actually change anything, because even though I am not a believer, I know that you will find these people, just like you will find people who believe they have been abducted. But it does not make it any more real.

Can you honestly say it is such a wild and outlandish thought that you are experiencing this because you enjoy it? Rather than an actual ghost. It is really fun to experience ghostly things, people love to attribute noises and experiences to something "magical", but that does not make it any more real.

I know i'm pressuring you, but personally, I have good reasons.

I understand what you are saying however consider this:

Suppose a number of people see the same unusual unidentified animal on their property both individually and at the same time. This creature interacts with them. They can see, be touched by, hear it and interact with it.

One or more of these people seek information about it, including others who may have witnessed the same things. They are not seeking validity as you suggest but information.

The only information they find are scary myth and religious dogma about the animal and a large number of people who say it doesn't exist in the first place simply because they haven't seen it themselves and can't imagine such a thing.

There are however some people who have witnessed the same animal species or type from all places around the globe and can describe it in great detail which very closely matches what was seen themself. They converse and share notes among themselves in an effort to gather information.

There are things in life which can be assumed to be a valid experience. For instance if you walk into a kitchen and smell boiling vegetables and see a pot of stew validation of its reality isn't needed. However when these strange things began happening I did require validation because of the nature of it. That is why she interacted with others I know, and let me know it was her. That was and continues to be my "pot of boiling stew".

An opposite to your point: Saying or believing something does not exist does not invalidate what numbers of people witness. Mental illness is surely sometimes a factor however not always. For example mental illness will not move a chair across the room by itself for others to see.

May I ask if you personally belive ghosts exist or simply an active imagination?

I don't mind this respectable conversation.

Edited by Sergeant

Personally, I don't believe in ghosts, but I used to think I could see them and I dream about zombies a lot. I also love scary movies and the dark because I think it is really fun, it gives me a rush.

The thing is, you are right about the animal. However, it is quite plausible for a strange animal to be spotted. We see animals all the time. Here is a good example, I believe the beast of bodmin to be true. I do believe there are wild big cats roaming the countryside in England. There has been some good credible evidence too. It is plausable because we have evidence.

But the problem with spirits is that for them to exist they would have to break the laws of physics as we know it. But after thousands of years we still don't really have any good evidence of Ghosts in any shape or form.

Another example is Aliens, I believe in aliens. I don't believe 99% of the videos I see but it is very plausible they exist because of statistics, models for life and the fact that we exist. This is all good evidence which points to the probability they exist. But again, spirits are a whole different story, the universe just does not show any signs that such a thing could possibly exist.

The idea of a life form that functions in ways similar to us without any of our requirements would put our evolution to shame. How it survives and functions is a complete mystery and the only physical aspects of the universe which at materialize and de-materialize are as small as electrons.

Then you have to consider that when a spirit supposedly interacts with something by moving it, making a noise or communicating then it has to have a physical aspect in the environment. The spirit breaks so many laws of physics by the accounts people tell of. By moving an object or making a sound it would have to somehow exert force on it, but where does it get the energy for this? People say emotion, emotion alone does not provide an energy which can be transferred into a physical force. To feel emotion you need serotonin, dopamine and cortisol which effects a human brain in very specific ways.So even the idea that this spirit is an intelligent being defies everything we know about life. No other life form on this planet can function in such a way.

The closest creature would be a jellyfish which is 97% water, but that does not account for emotions, brain function and intelligence, especially self conciousness.

There are so many things to consider.

Now let me tell you something honest. I yearn for god and ghosts, there is nothing in the world that would make me happier than to discover that there is heaven and that I don't have to worry about the purpose of my life. I am a die hard Athiest, but I would seriously change my life if god revealed itself. So please don't think I am an Atheist who disbelieves the supernatural and god because of some sort of "hate" or "anger". I simply looked at the facts and could not find a way to justify it without denial of observation.

If there was even one experience or credible event which I could honestly say "that's not my brain playing tricks, that's for real!" then I would be as happy as i've ever been.

I had a nervous breakdown during my transition form Christianity to Atheist. My Girlfriend who is a strong willed Christian said it to me best. "A world without god is too painful and dark for me to even think about, so I don't want to think about god not being real". She is deluded, but that is just a term to describe something, it does not mean she is stupid, or mentally ill. It is simply what she wants to believe because it makes her feel better.

Sorry for talking about myself so much in your thread. I guess I have my own issues :)

Edited by mattavich123

three shadow type ghosts have been abusing me for six months. i have tried everything but nothing seems to stop them. i don't know what to do. i'm not crazy i'm not dreaming or imagining things.

Reference

My theory about ghosts/spirits is they consist of some type of matter or energy which is smaller than our current nuclear model. It would allow them to pass through physical objects as sand through a screen. I believe some of them have developed the ability to assemble themselves in a way to partially effect such a screen and so they are able to effect photons causing us to see them in an opaque manner, disturb air molecules causing us to hear distant voices etc.

Consider medicine only a century or two ago. Germs were not proven to exist because they did not have the equipment to discover them- however I'd bet there were myriad of theories because people could easily see the effects they caused. I think ghosts/spirits are very similar to my medical example. We don't have any devices proven to be able to detect them however their effects can be plainly seen.

God and atheism:

One of my very best internet friends lives across the Atlantic. He has a level head, logic based mind and very intelligent. He's also an avid atheist who has been in a spirit relationship for about 7 years. He completely rejects the idea of an omnipotent central power (God) yet believes in afterlife and consiousness. I'm not saying this will effect anything about you, but I wanted to point out there are atheists who believe in afterlife. (I wasn't sure if you were aware of it)

Take care.

I have a relationship with several spirits. Only one mildly sexual. The only Thing she she has ever done was kiss me. I'm maried so I even felt guilty about that. I don't think I could hold myself there if anything more were to happen.

If you don't know me, I take shamanic journies / astral projection about twice a month.

This particular spirit is painted blue with aboriginal piercings and clothing. No not the avatar girl :). It's definantly paint it's streeked on her skin. She is fairly short and stocky with a broad muscular but still feminine back. I think she might be a shaman either from the past or current time. Her features seem somwhat Asian like.

I'm not mentally I'll, I don't take drugs, I own a business, I have children and I'm a leader in my community. I dont beleive in religious dogma or fundamaterislist ( skeptic) dogma.

It is good to have a place to discuss these things. Especially those who may be worried they have something wrong with them. Wether you do or not it does not matter, haveing an outlet is very important.

Honestly spare us the old evidence routine. Experiences and people discussing them has nothing to do with science, skeptisism, or what amounts to fundsmaterislists bullying so they can show how vast and practicle their intellect is.

Thanks Dharma D, I know you mean well.

You are right and it's something I am dealing with daily. I had told my wife about this spirit sometime in early 2009 because someone convinced me this is wrong and they offererd a way out. I believed them and solicited the help of my wife and a close Christian friend.

My wife spent the next 6 months or so of them fighting with with my wife receving some light slaps, nail digs along with an accelerated occurance of strange general paranormal activities aimed specifically to annoy her. The efforts by this other person failed to expell her and enough was enough. I told her the spirit left and gradually, after about 9 months my home reached a sense of normalty again.

It's very rare anything happens anymore regarding the general paranormal but her and the kids consider our house haunted because of those occastional things. If there is any thing bad about this it's my deception to my wife. She believes I am also in menopause so there is no worry about providing satisfaction. But there may come a time in one's life where they have to make some hard choices. I believe I've made the right ones. Consider this:

* Me and this spirit bonded sometime in the late 1970's.

* Early 1980's I was born again Christian and spent the next 5-6 years in deep serious study walking the walk. I was told this spirit was evil by church leaders and worked the Christian faith to remove her for several years using all means available. All attempts utterly failed probably because of the bonding, and I suspect good positive forces can't or wont remove good positive forces.

* Told the wife in 2009 with horrible consequences while once again trying to rid her.

So my choices today seem pretty clear. But don't think I feel cornered into something or trapped in any way. This is an experience I wouldn't reverse.

Why not ask the ghost if you can photograph it? I mean, if you two are truly this close, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to ask for a simple favor, right?

Also... uh how does the sex work if ghosts are incorporeal entites? Is it anatomically possible? Not trying to be gross here, I'm just genuinely curious.

Honestly spare us the old evidence routine. Experiences and people discussing them has nothing to do with science, skeptisism, or what amounts to fundsmaterislists bullying so they can show how vast and practicle their intellect is.

You're not the slightest bit interested in finding out more about your experiences?

• 2 weeks later...

First I want to say that I find it very disturbing how many are so quick to offer that one has a mental problem. Salem witch trials anyone? To suggest that anyone visit a doctor and be medicated to bring them down to a state of being which fits your own personal belief in what is normal is quite sickening to me. Yes there are people and diseases that need treatment, but saying I see dead people is not justification for having them drugged and numbed. You are seriously saying you experience something I don't so please go fix yourself. Making everyone as blind as you are will not make the beings/experiences go away. Second, saying that only those who are of proper religious/non-religious belief, don't use drugs and don't have any "mental problems" as being the only true people who are credible is absurd. So now we need someones full background information to even begin to believe what they say they experienced or not. Do those people not have valid experiences? Religion at it's core is the belief in something which cannot be seen, how religious or what one believes in does not mean they have more or less experiences or that they are more or less valid due to their beliefs. Drugs at their core are a means by which one removes themselves from the physical and becomes closer to the nonphysical. Contrary to what you all have been saying one is more likely to have experiences while on drugs and just because they are high of their minds does not take away from their validity. Many people go to drugs to try to escape their problems some of which are the actual experiences which you all say don't exist. Which brings me to mental health. Many of these so called mental problems and disorders are nothing more than the experiences and reactions that one has towards those experiences. The drugs that these patients take serve only to numb the patient to the point where they don't feel them or anything else for that matter. As a poster previously stated much of the opinions here are nothing more than the suggestion that the people with these experiences should have holes drilled in their skulls so that the "demons" can go away.

Now on to the actual topic...

I believe that this man's experiences are real and like others feel that he is very naive about what he is dealing with. Look up an abusive relationship and you will find that you are in one. You are in the stage of an abusive relationship where you make sure you keep "her" happy and therefore you yourself believe that you are happy. You have done this for so many years that you truly believe in your head that everything is ok. You yourself saw what was happening when you tried to end it. And what did you do? You lied to your wife and Christian friend and told them that it was gone that it was over? Is this really healthy? How much fear was there in you in your wife when she was getting scratched when you were trying to end it? So now you hide "her" from your wife, cheating on her in her bed while she is sleeping next to you and this is normal and healthy to you? I understand that you are "in Love" and that "she" gives you something that your wife cannot give you and that you have been with "her" since the 70s. None of this matters because you are a married man in an abusive relationship. One day you will realize this and your sweet love story will become much like many of those horror stories you have read about. Now let's break down this relationship of yours. Yes it has existed from the 70s but that does not mean it is not cheating. Why is it cheating? You are having a relationship with someone other than your wife. Sadly it is more than just sexual there is an actual bond there between you and it. I'm going to assume you believe you have a soul and that your wife has a soul and I'm going to ask you now what do you think the relationship is between your soul and your wife's when you have this other "soul" relationship with "her". Where does your wife fit into this equation, are you going to sit there and tell me that her soul does not watch your soul make love to this entity sharing a bond that you should be sharing with her soul? Understand that these "feelings" you are having are meant to be had at an astral level and that by you being with this being you are not having that relationship with your wife. You might not see the pain you are causing her, but I am sure that at the very least her soul is heartbroken and lonely. This is beyond creepy. You are nothing more than a body with tubes sucking out something from you eternally asleep living in a dream world where everything is ok and you are in love. You share your experience to offer help, but do not realize that it is you who needs help. She is a drug to you making you feel good without you seeing the pain underneath.

As a poster previously stated much of the opinions here are nothing more than the suggestion that the people with these experiences should have holes drilled in their skulls so that the "demons" can go away.

It was people who believed in demons which drilled holes in their skulls.

I've witnessed a person with mental problems. The line is very fine between a "normal" person and "mental problems". Everyone has inconsistencies in their mental state during some stage of their life, including myself.

No one said he HAS mental problems. But by rejecting to even consider it only fuels the idea that it is very highly likely a delusion and very highly unlikely a spirit which wants a relationship.

It was people who believed in demons which drilled holes in their skulls.

I've witnessed a person with mental problems. The line is very fine between a "normal" person and "mental problems". Everyone has inconsistencies in their mental state during some stage of their life, including myself.

No one said he HAS mental problems. But by rejecting to even consider it only fuels the idea that it is very highly likely a delusion and very highly unlikely a spirit which wants a relationship.

PS* Derren Brown shows extremely shocking examples of this several times through his work.

You can find a video here. http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/2011/04/derren-brown-miracles-sale-tonight-9pm/

He is using in anonymity in America to train an unsuspecting member of the public to be a faith healer and miracle worker. The person creating the miracles does not know that he has been duped into thinking he can actually perform miracles. Then he will be sent to a church to perform the miracles infront of large audiences. What you will see is that the audience act in the same way as if they were being healed by a supposedly REAL faith healer.

In the end, all this demonstrates is the power of the mind as there is no actual miracles being worked by god or any kind of "magic", it is all simply the miracle of the brain.

So please do not doubt that the brain is amazing enough to make you feel these spirits are real.

You should at least consider the alternative to "spirits".

Edited by mattavich123

Sergeant, I'm just gonna say that this was an intresting post. Never really contemplated the idea... But a good one none the less. Another time, life is long and god knows if these things are as frequent as they seem then I'll have my chances. I just gotta get back home first... haha