Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaTBoYFrOMTeXaS

See The New Destination Truth Last Night?

24 posts in this topic

http://www.syfy.com/destinationtruth/episodes.php

It's right there if you haven't.

The investigation into the forest was pretty weird. Numerous random lights passing by, an EVP, and one of their crew members being flung back by a 'wind force' and then having fresh scratches on his arm that were bleeding.

Anyone else see it? What were your thoughts/explanations?

I saw it. I thought the part where the roof comes off of the plane was hilarious. Is it just me or did that part where the "wind" comes up and hits the guy seem a little fake? I hope Destination Truth isn't being pressured to fake things to get ratings now, kinda like another show I know on that channel.

I saw it. I thought the part where the roof comes off of the plane was hilarious. Is it just me or did that part where the "wind" comes up and hits the guy seem a little fake? I hope Destination Truth isn't being pressured to fake things to get ratings now, kinda like another show I know on that channel.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it. Coincidentally, they did have that "other show" guest appearing on last night's episode.

He did raise pretty damn quick, though, when they did review the evidence. And for some reason after he was struck, he ran into a part of the forest? Doesn't make sense.

Maybe so he could make the scratches himself? I don't know just saying...

I hope not, though, because I really like Destination Truth.

Edited by DaTBoYFrOMTeXaS

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it. Coincidentally, they did have that "other show" guest appearing on last night's episode.

He did raise pretty damn quick, though, when they did review the evidence. And for some reason after he was struck, he ran into a part of the forest? Doesn't make sense.

Maybe so he could make the scratches himself? I don't know just saying...

I hope not, though, because I really like Destination Truth.

That's what I was thinking, but those scratches could have come from a briar or something like that. The 'other guests' appearence was a little shady. I think scyfi are screwing themselves over by doing that.

X3 I enjoyed last night's episodes. Evan being thrown and having scratches on his arm. Was pretty weird. (I have a friend who lives in Romania. And I'll ask her if she heard the stories.)

I can't wait until the next episodes!!

Awsome birthday gift for me!!

I actually really enjoyed it, I felt like this was one of the best destination truth episode.

Also, Im sure you guys have noticed, SciFi (or SyFy) often has actors and stars make guest apperances on their other shows. They've been doing it for years, I dont see them being featured as anything out of order.

Good episode, i'm much more into the crypto stuff than i am the paranormal but dude gettin grabbed was pretty damn creepy.

On a different note Ive heard the show is coming up here to Alaska, anyone know what it is theyre investigating?

I enjoy this show. Josh is great. Goofy, funny, charming with just the right amount of smart --s. :) I don't always agree with the conclusions but the show is fun.

Josh needs to stay the heck away from mechanical stuff.

Nibs

I honestly don't see how Evan's encounter really could be faked. Sure someone can jump that fast, but even on the face cam it *really* lookslike he's being flung. The scratches? You've seen his jacket right? If he had brairs or brambles in it it would been known. Josh and his team doesn't seem to be the type that would call it unknown if they find brambles in his coat. That and they're to far spaced and singulare lined. Having been scratched to all hell and back by things like brambles, ain't ever looked anything like that.

The last one though.. Alux.. yeah remind me not to go into the jungles of mexico. *shivers* huge spiders make me cry..

I love this show!! If they faked the cameraman being thrown, then they did a good job. i think it looked real. Anyway I can't wait for the next episode! :yes:

That was the freakiest video ever!!

Funny too 'cause they all got up up & skedaddled right after that.

Too bad to; they could have had a much better story to tell, but seemed like they were mostly just in a hurry to get there and they didn't talk to enough people about it at all considering the quantity of sightings.

Live and learn josh. I think it was a huge mistake, their approach, & that's why they wussed out & left.

The show is on from 8-11 tonight

Edited by devilmaycare

I have to say this was one of the best episodes of Destination Truth. :yes:

One: The roof breaking off of the plane was funny as heck. :lol:

Two: Evan being thrown was really frightening and the cuts looked pretty darn believeable as well as the flim of him being thrown.

Three: I don't know about you guys but the lights Josh and the others were chasing looked kinda of weird, but paranormal, I mean come on, lights just come out of nowhere then just disappear, in the woods?In the middle of a circle?

Four: Josh + Mexico = Batman? xD Best joke, ever. :tu:

I can't wait for the next episode. :devil:

Four: Josh + Mexico = Batman? xD Best joke, ever. :tu:

I thought that was hilarous! :D

The roof breaking off the plane was really funny. Those lights that showed up on film were really strange.

The footage of Evan being thrown was pretty creepy. Those cuts look real to me.

I definitley can't wait till next week!

Edited by Walter Sullivan

http://www.syfy.com/destinationtruth/episodes.php

It's right there if you haven't.

The investigation into the forest was pretty weird. Numerous random lights passing by, an EVP, and one of their crew members being flung back by a 'wind force' and then having fresh scratches on his arm that were bleeding.

Anyone else see it? What were your thoughts/explanations?

I saw the episode last night and am now wondering if this show is going to go the way of Ghost Hunters. For the first several seasons of GH, evidence was sparse. Every once in a while something major would happen, but not every episode. The shows entertainment value (for me - a major skeptic) came more from the interactions and misadventures of TAPS members, rather than from actually finding compelling evidence. Then, all of a sudden, the show turned into "Most Haunted". Now, all the investigators have to do is ask for knocks, bangs, K2 light manipulation, etc, and the "ghosts" are happy to oblige. As a skeptic, I have to ask the question: Why are we getting this evidence all of a sudden? Why is the first season so different from the current season?

Previously, Destination Truth seemed to be a show more about going somewhere interesting rather than actually investing the time necessary to find hard evidence of what they are looking for. After seeing one of Josh Gates' crew knocked down by an invisible force I have to raise an eyebrow. However, the second segment of the show regarding the Alux seemed to be more of the typical investigation for them. I guess time will tell if we will now see a slew of "attacks" on the crew or outright sightings unlike what we have seen in past seasons.

After seeing that Destination Truth the 'Ghost Hunters' model seemed apparent to me as well.

If they never find anything 'good', why would people continue to watch.

Anyone have any links of this "popular" place in Romania?.....I consider myself a "skeptic" on almost everything , I do watch this show religiouslly though....What I do not get , why only 1 night?....Travel that far for 1 night?..If something has that much activity , wouldn't someone finance a better investigation?......That is where I start to question these things......

Loved the episode. The top of the plane shearing off was horrifying. But Josh handled it with his usual grace, charm and wit, which was quite funny.

I wouldn't have made it in Mexico....any 8 legged thing that close to me gets a hard swat by a large ....whatever's at hand. Then, a huge snake too? ohhh nooo. not me

Anyone have any links of this "popular" place in Romania?.....I consider myself a "skeptic" on almost everything , I do watch this show religiouslly though....What I do not get , why only 1 night?....Travel that far for 1 night?..If something has that much activity , wouldn't someone finance a better investigation?......That is where I start to question these things......

My guess.. money. Though I would have liked to seen more in trying to figure out why nothing grows in that circle. However, I can see why they cut the investigation semi short. The camera man being thrown like a rag doll and scratched up and the medic getting sic (not good!).. who knows what else might have happened. Crew's safty first when it gets that bad.

My guess.. money. Though I would have liked to seen more in trying to figure out why nothing grows in that circle. However, I can see why they cut the investigation semi short. The camera man being thrown like a rag doll and scratched up and the medic getting sic (not good!).. who knows what else might have happened. Crew's safty first when it gets that bad.

I looked it up ( googled it) , really can not find much other than Destination Truth went there....Although youtube has some videos of it...What I did see was the circle , with vegetation growing in it , just no trees...Not strange at all , have a lot of that here in Oregon , even with 60 inch's of rain a year...So , debunked the circle :)

Saying that it's a common occurance isn't debunking it. It's just saying "Hey, it happens here too!"

And being no stranger to mass rain *points to her little where she's from thing* It's still *odd* that this happens. A circle, where grass grows but nothing else? I can understand if it was leading off to maybe a grass land or whatever, but in the middle of the woods? Soemthing's going on there. And they wern't chalking it up to supernatural, especialy wehn they take soil samples. Maybe it's pathological that no one's figured out yet. Maybe it's biological? Maybe it has to do with a ley line if one runs through it. *shrugs* who knows.

But again just saying "Oh yeah, it happens here.." doesn't mean you debunked it. Just confirmed that it happens in other places. You want to debunk it, then you go to that forest, go to that circle and run *every* test you can think of and then some untill you get the answer. (which will be peer reviewed like any good scientific research is)

You want to debunk it, then you go to that forest, go to that circle and run *every* test you can think of and then some untill you get the answer. (which will be peer reviewed like any good scientific research is)

We lost our house to foreclosure in Nevada , so I can not really afford to go there.....I believe I debunked it myself , the soil samples were all normal , and I can easilly go out and take pictures like this in our woods....So , in my opinion , if this happens in numerous places , than what is so strange about it?....Here is a video I found , look at the landscape , perfectlly normal for patches of " just grass"...I also found a interesting read on it that I will paste below after link to video.....I can say , very interesting , I do wish there were more information on it.If there were a place like that around here , I believe there would be a ton of investigating....Why not there?....Also , those "bare" spots in forests , when I used to bow hunt ,we called those " meadows" , diferent sizes , diferent shapes...

PHENOMENA in the HOIA-BACIU WOOD

The Hoia-Baciu wood (HBW) , close to the city of Cluj-Napoca in Transylvania, Romania, is the site of some unconventional phenomena which have been recorded and researched for nearly 50 years. People of various ages and educational levels seem to create a modern variety of folklore on the basis of these unconventional occurances. The HBW has a tendency to become the Romanian version of the Bermuda triangle.

The fame of the HBW has long reached beyond the borders of Romania. The international news agencies started with the exceptionally-good photos and film of a disc-shaped UFO which flew over this wood on August 18, 1968, and continued, ever since, with many reports of the local phenomena. The evidences were studied by research institutes in Europe and the U.S.

The pioneer of the HBW research was the late biologist Alexandru Sift (1936 – 1993) who, walking in the wood at the beginning of the 1950s, noticed, repeatedly, hazy shapes which could have passed, for untrained eyes, for natural events. Sift photographed the shapes and noticed that the film disclosed many more such shapes than apparent to the naked eye. The research continued – with ever more visual and especially photographic recordings.

Sift’s initial investigations were continued, beginning with 1970s, by several research teams and by independent researchers from Romania. The results were similar, rounding off Sift’s findings. Most researchers were trusted scientists. Lately, research teams from France, Germany, Hungary visited the HBW and obtained remarkable results.

Briefly, here are the occurances:

structures/shapes flying low over the ground, some visible, most invisible to the naked eye spots of light at night, coloured or white, flying or stationary

accompanying physical effects (radioactivity, magnetic anomalies, electromagnetic fluctuations, microwave and infrasound emissions etc)

unusual prints on the ground (on the grass or in the snow) – not unlike the circles and other geometric figures in crops.

Associated biologic effects, especially on the plants (dehydration, burns, necrosis, etc), also on animals and even humans who reach the active zones (reddening of skin, burns, anxiety, head aches, thirst, sickness etc).

The most characteristic manifestations are airborn, flying geometric shapes (pyramids, spheres, cylinders, cones, cubes etc) – either visible or, more often, invisible to the naked eye. These shapes have been photographed and filmed thousands of times; seen – in the hundreds. The most spectacular are probably of the UFO, pre-UFO or quasi-UFO types. The invisible UFOs, much more numerous than the visible ones, are unique in the world.

Also interesting are the so-called humanoid heads, usually invisible to the naked eye, along fully-bodied, visible and apparently animated (live) humanoids. Quite often, these structures resemble the face of a live or deceased person – known to the beholder.

Worth mentioning are also the transitory bursts of beta and/or gamma rays, sometimes of high intensity – along magnetic distortions, mainly associated with the white structures. The electromagnetic fields which empty the camera-batteries, or just arrest their power, are quite common.

The “special active spot 3”, identified in 1993, is reputed for distorted photographic images, partially or totally, fragmented or even split – which could only be obtained, otherwise, by multiple exposures.

The research, so far, allows for a few more conclusions:

- the HBW phenomena are, most often than not, discreet, rather than obvious

- the wood speaks more to the researcher than to seekers of spirits or extraterrestrial life

- the phenomena are far more numerous than the skeptics would say, but far less frequent for the seekers of sensational occurances

- there seems to be a connection between certain more-mediumatic persons and these occurances, but that is not a condition

- the frequency of these phenomena is fluctuating – no regular pattern could be noticed.

The phenomena in the Hoia-Baciu wood are not singular. There are similar manifestations in the Mojave desert, in the Gulf Breeze (the U.S), in La Spezia – Arenzano (Italy), the Hessdalen valley (Norway), Belo Horizonte (Brazil). It seems we have encountered a planetary oddity of a complexity we are not ready to decipher. By its relatively systematic occurances, the Hoia-Baciu wood is the most important area of unconventional phenomena, in the world.

Prof.dr. Adrian Patrut

Lecturer, University of Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, Romania

Chairman, the Romanian Society of Parapsychology

Edited by Sakari

I don't know. Against the cost of flying a crew of about a dozen people (They have cameramen and techs, right?) to some remote location in the middle of nowhere, what's the cost of putting the people up for an extra night?

We lost our house to foreclosure in Nevada , so I can not really afford to go there.....I believe I debunked it myself , the soil samples were all normal , and I can easilly go out and take pictures like this in our woods....So , in my opinion , if this happens in numerous places , than what is so strange about it?....Here is a video I found , look at the landscape , perfectlly normal for patches of " just grass"...I also found a interesting read on it that I will paste below after link to video.....I can say , very interesting , I do wish there were more information on it.If there were a place like that around here , I believe there would be a ton of investigating....Why not there?....Also , those "bare" spots in forests , when I used to bow hunt ,we called those " meadows" , diferent sizes , diferent shapes...

PHENOMENA in the HOIA-BACIU WOOD

The Hoia-Baciu wood (HBW) , close to the city of Cluj-Napoca in Transylvania, Romania, is the site of some unconventional phenomena which have been recorded and researched for nearly 50 years. People of various ages and educational levels seem to create a modern variety of folklore on the basis of these unconventional occurances. The HBW has a tendency to become the Romanian version of the Bermuda triangle.

The fame of the HBW has long reached beyond the borders of Romania. The international news agencies started with the exceptionally-good photos and film of a disc-shaped UFO which flew over this wood on August 18, 1968, and continued, ever since, with many reports of the local phenomena. The evidences were studied by research institutes in Europe and the U.S.

The pioneer of the HBW research was the late biologist Alexandru Sift (1936 – 1993) who, walking in the wood at the beginning of the 1950s, noticed, repeatedly, hazy shapes which could have passed, for untrained eyes, for natural events. Sift photographed the shapes and noticed that the film disclosed many more such shapes than apparent to the naked eye. The research continued – with ever more visual and especially photographic recordings.

Sift’s initial investigations were continued, beginning with 1970s, by several research teams and by independent researchers from Romania. The results were similar, rounding off Sift’s findings. Most researchers were trusted scientists. Lately, research teams from France, Germany, Hungary visited the HBW and obtained remarkable results.

Briefly, here are the occurances:

structures/shapes flying low over the ground, some visible, most invisible to the naked eye spots of light at night, coloured or white, flying or stationary

accompanying physical effects (radioactivity, magnetic anomalies, electromagnetic fluctuations, microwave and infrasound emissions etc)

unusual prints on the ground (on the grass or in the snow) – not unlike the circles and other geometric figures in crops.

Associated biologic effects, especially on the plants (dehydration, burns, necrosis, etc), also on animals and even humans who reach the active zones (reddening of skin, burns, anxiety, head aches, thirst, sickness etc).

The most characteristic manifestations are airborn, flying geometric shapes (pyramids, spheres, cylinders, cones, cubes etc) – either visible or, more often, invisible to the naked eye. These shapes have been photographed and filmed thousands of times; seen – in the hundreds. The most spectacular are probably of the UFO, pre-UFO or quasi-UFO types. The invisible UFOs, much more numerous than the visible ones, are unique in the world.

Also interesting are the so-called humanoid heads, usually invisible to the naked eye, along fully-bodied, visible and apparently animated (live) humanoids. Quite often, these structures resemble the face of a live or deceased person – known to the beholder.

Worth mentioning are also the transitory bursts of beta and/or gamma rays, sometimes of high intensity – along magnetic distortions, mainly associated with the white structures. The electromagnetic fields which empty the camera-batteries, or just arrest their power, are quite common.

The “special active spot 3”, identified in 1993, is reputed for distorted photographic images, partially or totally, fragmented or even split – which could only be obtained, otherwise, by multiple exposures.

The research, so far, allows for a few more conclusions:

- the HBW phenomena are, most often than not, discreet, rather than obvious

- the wood speaks more to the researcher than to seekers of spirits or extraterrestrial life

- the phenomena are far more numerous than the skeptics would say, but far less frequent for the seekers of sensational occurances

- there seems to be a connection between certain more-mediumatic persons and these occurances, but that is not a condition

- the frequency of these phenomena is fluctuating – no regular pattern could be noticed.

The phenomena in the Hoia-Baciu wood are not singular. There are similar manifestations in the Mojave desert, in the Gulf Breeze (the U.S), in La Spezia – Arenzano (Italy), the Hessdalen valley (Norway), Belo Horizonte (Brazil). It seems we have encountered a planetary oddity of a complexity we are not ready to decipher. By its relatively systematic occurances, the Hoia-Baciu wood is the most important area of unconventional phenomena, in the world.

Prof.dr. Adrian Patrut

Lecturer, University of Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, Romania

Chairman, the Romanian Society of Parapsychology

Sorry to hear that.

Again, this is just evidence listing. This does *NOT* explain why it happens, just that it happens and it's frequent in other areas of the world. It even says "It seems we have encountered a planetary oddity of a complexity we are not ready to decipher." So, no.. you didn't debunk why this happens. Just gave evidence to the fact that it happens.

I don't know. Against the cost of flying a crew of about a dozen people (They have cameramen and techs, right?) to some remote location in the middle of nowhere, what's the cost of putting the people up for an extra night?

I agree with you. I wish the show would at least focus a full episode on a single investigation instead of cramming two into each hour. Guess they're just worried that people will lose interest in they're not jumping around the globe in the space of an hour's show.