Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hercolubus the planet of the end of the world

Sharil

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Bellus - and it's companion planet Zyra - yet? :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• TheSearcher

• zach28

• Sharil

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Bellus - and it's companion planet Zyra - yet? :D

Erm , isn't that from a 1951 movie? "When Worlds Collide", if memory serves.

Sorry, but as an (among many other nerdinesses) astronomy nerd I have to take issue with this. The math here is incorrect.

While the Herclobus nonsense is INDEED nonsense, the math presented here is fundamentally flawed in three ways. First, SOMEHOW the mass of the sun was increased from around 2*10^30 kilograms by 14 orders of magnitude in the escape velocity calculation. Second, the calculations were done with the radii (always found in the denominators) in KILOMETERS instead of METERS, increasing the figure of the force between them by a factor of 1,000,000 and the escape velocity by (1000)^(1/2). Third, something terrible happened to the units in the force calculation - I'm not even sure what a newton per second even means.

Corrected calculations:

Force between them:

F= G M1 M2 / (R^2)

= [6.67*10^-11 * ({1.8986*10^27} * {1.9891*10^30})]/(150,000,000,000^2)

=1.119*10^25 N = 11190000000000000000000000 N

Escape Velocity:

VEsc = [(2*G*M1)/R]^(1/2)

=[2 * (6.67*10^-11) * (1.9891*10^30) / 150,000,000,000]^(1/2)

=42059 m/s = 42 km/s

The bad math jumped right out at me, sorry, I HAD to correct it. One must always remain skeptical and think critically about what one reads - think about it, if something couldn't escape the sun at a distance of one AU, it would mean the sun was a black hole with at least that radius!

Very important to note though -this does NOTHING to lend credit to the Herclobus nonsense though - were something like this out there one could see it with their own eyes, possibly IN DAYLIGHT.

Hahahaha. CLASSIC ! :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

And here's a new one.

no.

no.

No...

So... this thing bigger then Jupiter, that we can't see, and can't see the effects of is going to get here in about three years time.

Right.

So where is it right now?

Today (the 7th of October). What part of they sky? Has it crossed the "asteroid field"? is it near Jupiter? Mars?

Has it even entered the system yet?

Come on believers, facts.

Where is it, and why can't we see it?

Even if it was travelling at super-luminal speeds, we'd see it (albeit by the time we see it it'd have long past the point where we saw it).

I got the intuition that this is not fiction at all though there are many people in the Net trying to make us think so...

the reason for this being?

So... this thing bigger then Jupiter, that we can't see, and can't see the effects of is going to get here in about three years time.

Right.

So where is it right now?

Today (the 7th of October). What part of they sky? Has it crossed the "asteroid field"? is it near Jupiter? Mars?

Has it even entered the system yet?

Come on believers, facts.

Where is it, and why can't we see it?

Even if it was travelling at super-luminal speeds, we'd see it (albeit by the time we see it it'd have long past the point where we saw it).

I second that request, got a telescope just waiting to be used...

the reason for this being?

I couldn't tell you exactly, it's a hunch that I got since I had knowledge of this subject, and it grows stronger the more I know or read about it, including detractor articles. :yes:

They just aren't using common sense. If this planet is double the size of jupiter and is as close as they are trying to say it is you would see it in the night sky now. But i highly doubt earth is going to get hit by a giant planet in 2012.

I couldn't tell you exactly, it's a hunch that I got since I had knowledge of this subject, and it grows stronger the more I know or read about it, including detractor articles. :yes:

Many of us here are open minded enough to consider the evidence you can put forward. If it convinced you, perhaps it will convince us.

Link to a few sites and articles, or just jot down a few of the 'facts' that convinced you and we'll mull over them.

But i highly doubt earth is going to get hit by a giant planet in 2012.

According to the information I have it is the approaching which is causing the effects in Earth, I haven't knowledge by now that it is going to hit.

On the other hand, I haven't knowledege either that it happens only in 2012, it is happening since several years ago and it will be happening in the future years, the planet is out there and the more it approaches to us the more we will feel its effects, but I don't know the exactly date or year of maximum approaching to the Earth.

Edited by Sharil

According to the information I have it is the approaching which is causing the effects in Earth, I haven't knowledge by now that it is going to hit.

On the other hand, I haven't knowledege either that it happens only in 2012, it is happening since several years ago and it will be happening in the future years, the planet is out there and the more it approaches to us the more we will feel its effects, but I don't know the exactly date or year of maximum approaching to the Earth.

hmmmm....no

if it was causing effects on us, that would mean we could have seen it by now. easily.

not necessarily

Actually yes we would, there no possibility that we would not. Seriously high school level science class can prove this is nonsense.

What information?

not necessarily

yes actually.

you do not know what youre talking about, or how the universe works then.