Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Random Fact Thread

Agent X

One third of the land in the United States is owned by the government.

Over 2500 left handed people are killed each year from using products made for right handed people.

Is that really true?? I need to alert my son of this!

Percentage of American men who say they would marry the same woman if they had it to do all over again: 80

Percentage of American women who say they would marry the same man: 50

Percentage of men who say they are happier after their divorce or separation: 58

Percentage of women who say they are happier: 85

So I'm one of 58

• Like 2

In 1845, President Andrew Jackson's pet parrot was removed from his funeral for swearing.

Ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the death of their cats.

• Like 1

Mark Twain didn't graduate from elementary school.

It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.

Armadillos can be housebroken.

• Like 1

A body decomposes four times as fast in water than on land.

The tiny poison arrow frog has enough poison to kill over 2200 people!

On average, people fear spiders more than they do dying. However, statistically you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by the bite of a poisonous spider.

• Like 1

Until 1796, there was a state in the United States called Franklin. Today it is known as Tennessee.

In Erwin, Tennessee an elephant was once hanged for murder.

People are so F ****** stupid sometimes I swear!!!!

The first Fords had engines made by Dodge.

My dad has a 1952 food pickup with a Chevy engine. His friend has VW microbus with a Porsche engine

• Like 1

The State of Florida is bigger than England.

I have a honda with Vtech lol

Ants stretch when they wake up in the morning.

Thomas Edison, light bulb inventor, was afraid of the dark.

• Like 1

The leading cause of deaths for children between the ages of 1 and 4 are motor vehicle crashes.

Over the last 50 years in the United States, approximately 9,000 people have died as a result of tornadoes, 5,000 as the result of floods, and 4,000 as the result of hurricanes.

When a person dies, hearing is generally the last sense to go. The first sense lost is usually sight. Then follows taste, smell, and touch.

• Like 1

"Dolphins have a prehensile penis, it is full of powerful muscles and they can wrap it around objects such as a human limb. The decoys never resurfaced in any of the studies..."

The reason they didn't resurface was because gangs of dolphins would take them to underwater caves & rape them.

Edited by Biff Wellington

"Dolphins have a prehensile penis, it is full of powerful muscles and they can wrap it around objects such as a human limb. The decoys never resurfaced in any of the studies..."

Shut up!!! This is not true, is it?/?

Fifty percent of the United States (in terms of our complete legal jurisdiction, which includes ocean territory) lies below the ocean.

Fifty percent of the United States (in terms of our complete legal jurisdiction, which includes ocean territory) lies below the ocean.

• Like 1

Shut up!!! This is not true, is it?/?

It's absolutely true. 40 people a year are raped by dolphins.

Fact. I'm eating tortillas and salsa right now because I don't want to drive to McDonalds

Fact : I had McDonalds for dinner.

It's absolutely true. 40 people a year are raped by dolphins.

Fact : I had McDonalds for dinner.

You should bring me some....I want some now that you mentioned it. I love their double quarter pounder with cheese and their chocolate chip cookies are the freaking best!!!! I'll take of those!

A pair of high heels may be the world's favorite fetish, according to the largest ever study of sexual kinks. Asked to name their favorite body parts, sexually speaking, 47 percent of those asked named feet and toes; where objects related to the body were concerned, footwear polled 64 percent. Oddly enough, other objects that people were turned on by included hearing aids and pacemakers.

• Like 1

A pair of high heels may be the world's favorite fetish, according to the largest ever study of sexual kinks. Asked to name their favorite body parts, sexually speaking, 47 percent of those asked named feet and toes; where objects related to the body were concerned, footwear polled 64 percent. Oddly enough, other objects that people were turned on by included hearing aids and pacemakers.

I got a blister today on my little pinky toe from my favorite pair of heels. It hurts:(

• Like 1

About 90 percent of people often think about someone else during sex with their partners, according to a survey of sexual fantasies. As well as imagining famous faces, around a third of respondents said they fantasized about sex with a work colleague or a friend, and a quarter with a friend's partner. A study from the University of Montreal in 2007 found that women were more likely than men to visualize current or past partners (as well as celebrities) in their erotic imaginings. Men, by contrast, veered towards imaginary people

• Like 1

The world's oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old.

About 90 percent of people often think about someone else during sex with their partners, according to a survey of sexual fantasies. As well as imagining famous faces, around a third of respondents said they fantasized about sex with a work colleague or a friend, and a quarter with a friend's partner. A study from the University of Montreal in 2007 found that women were more likely than men to visualize current or past partners (as well as celebrities) in their erotic imaginings. Men, by contrast, veered towards imaginary people

I think about Johnny Depp. Mmmmmm.......!!!!!!

• Like 1

I got a blister today on my little pinky toe from my favorite pair of heels. It hurts:(

fact: There's a fetishist out there that would kiss it for you
  • Like 1

Not everyone is turned on by feet. The Australian neurologist and existential therapist, Viktor Frankl, once noted a case of a man whose sexual fetish involved frogs and glue (at the same time).

Fifty-eight per cent of respondents in a global survey by the condom manufacturer Durex said that they deemed it acceptable for products aimed at improving sex lives to be available in mainstream stores.