Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The oldest tribe in the world!

Bozena

Hello to all,

I have read one book from American medical doctor spending 6 months in desert with Aborigini's in Australia. They told her: they are descendents from the very first people. The book wrote Marlo Morgan. Is that true or not, I am not sure, but the book pretty exciting.

http://www.ebgymhollabrunn.ac.at/projekte/abori.htm

Any idea about those people and other tribes?

Bozena

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bozena

• jaylemurph

• TheSearcher

• clubfoot O.M.G.

Or it could be that any isolated group of humans who haven't had extended contact with other societies believes they are the "oldest in the world" because they don't know of any other groups who could possibly have been older.

Hello to all,

I have read one book from American medical doctor spending 6 months in desert with Aborigini's in Australia. They told her: they are descendents from the very first people. The book wrote Marlo Morgan. Is that true or not, I am not sure, but the book pretty exciting.

http://www.ebgymhollabrunn.ac.at/projekte/abori.htm

Bozena

it does seem entirely possible that humans evolved out of australia. but why do new zelands natives look so much like asians and hawaiians and eskimos?

it does seem entirely possible that humans evolved out of australia. but why do new zelands natives look so much like asians and hawaiians and eskimos?

Because Maoris are South Sea navigators who got stranded in New Zealand.

Now, as of evolving out of Australia... sounds not like the orthodox theory... but we would like to see a verosimile theory.

Well, technically everyone in every part of the world is a descendant from the "very first people". Australian aborigines may have a culture that has remained unchanged for longer than most, but I'd imagine that there are tribes in Africa which are older. Mitochondrial and fossil evidenece supports the "Out of Africa" theory. I've never heard anyone claim that humans evolved in Australia.

Some of the San tribes may be older but there is no proof of it.

it does seem entirely possible that humans evolved out of australia.

Only if you're ignorant of virtually the entirety of human and hominid evolution. No one familiar with it thinks we evolved elsewhere but on the African savanna, and the fossil record backs that up. (Because of some relatively recent finds in Georgia, there is some thinking that we may have left Africa earlier than originally thought, but no one who knows what they're talking about suggests a non-Afircan origin. Even the aquatic ape people think that happened in Africa...)

but why do new zelands natives look so much like asians and hawaiians and eskimos?

They don't. I hardly think you'd mistake a Maori for Inuit (as indeed, the word Eskimo is a rude term to use), or a Hawaiian for a Han Chinese or Hmong. Or, as you seem to suggest, an Aboriginal Australian for a Maori, Han or Inuit. (Although admittedly, you might mistake a Hawaiian islander for a Maori, since they are legitimately related.)

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph

Some of the San tribes may be older but there is no proof of it.

Well ..Hans...Nice Meeting you over here.

its me coredrill from ATS..(remember the guy from UAE??)

We need sensible folks like u over here too!!

Edited by The Spartan

Well ..Hans...Nice Meeting you over here.

its me coredrill from ATS..(remember the guy from UAE??)

We need sensible folks like u over here too!!

Howdy Spartan, of course I do, you're a NRI engineer if I remember correctly. I'm now in Manama myself. I'm only partially sensible as I think kumquats are aliens (but only only Tuesdays)

Hello to all,

http://www.ebgymholl...jekte/abori.htm

Bozena

Just because they never changed a single iota in 40,000 years doesn't make them the oldest tribe in the world.

Only if you're ignorant of virtually the entirety of human and hominid evolution. No one familiar with it thinks we evolved elsewhere but on the African savanna, and the fossil record backs that up. (Because of some relatively recent finds in Georgia, there is some thinking that we may have left Africa earlier than originally thought, but no one who knows what they're talking about suggests a non-Afircan origin. Even the aquatic ape people think that happened in Africa...)

They don't. I hardly think you'd mistake a Maori for Inuit (as indeed, the word Eskimo is a rude term to use), or a Hawaiian for a Han Chinese or Hmong. Or, as you seem to suggest, an Aboriginal Australian for a Maori, Han or Inuit. (Although admittedly, you might mistake a Hawaiian islander for a Maori, since they are legitimately related.)

--Jaylemurph

You can follow as many of the fossil records of human and hominid evolution as you like, the actual fact is we really don't know, so I'm pleased that you used the term 'think', because that's all it is, hypothesis based on 'limited' data. There is more than you may be able to imagine in Aboriginal, Maori, Fijian and Papua New Guinean 'verbal' history, I don't know whether you have met them or not, or conversed with them, but I have. Small minds create small worlds, to be so definitive, smothers 'questioning' and new avenues of query...............Just my perspective of course.

You can follow as many of the fossil records of human and hominid evolution as you like, the actual fact is we really don't know, so I'm pleased that you used the term 'think', because that's all it is, hypothesis based on 'limited' data. There is more than you may be able to imagine in Aboriginal, Maori, Fijian and Papua New Guinean 'verbal' history, I don't know whether you have met them or not, or conversed with them, but I have. Small minds create small worlds, to be so definitive, smothers 'questioning' and new avenues of query...............Just my perspective of course.

The actual fact is that we do know two things. The first is that the origin myths of the majority of peoples say that they were the first. The second is that humans evolved in Africa, All the scientific evidence in the world, from paleoanthropology to genetics points to that direction, and it is pretty much futile to argue with it. Mitochondria DNA is a wee bit more reliable then oral tradition.

Hi to all,

Here (in the book) are important some things:

The tribe, this woman was invited to spend with them to walk through desert about 3 months and live like them. It means: no clothes, no food and no water (the last two they had to find on their way).

Before that she has got message that there is (on the end) somebody born the same hour, day, month and the year, she had to do that to meet her "twin soul". The translator told her, they had a agreement (in the heaven) as two souls to be born the same time and down there as a human should meet after (exact) 50 years. After they meet, they should be together and work for the world.

She went really through all that: very high temperature, no food, no water, with peace of linen around the body. They have found the water but sometimes it took more days to come to some hole or source. What they have eaten I became sick, reading that book. When I think about Ian Wright from Lonely Planet, he had sometimes something to eat or to drink: he was in much better situation. Normal person can't even look that.

After 3 three months they really came to the place (deep hole bellow earth) and she met this guy, her "twin soul". His time of the birth was written on seme kind of the wall: the same as she was born.

They told her also, that all members of that tribe (they have the name, I don't know how) have decided: not to have children anymore and on that way dissappear from the Earth.

The end of the book is not very clear. Did she have some contact with her “twin soul” or not, there is nothing about that. She went back to US.

Bozena

Hello to all,

http://www.ebgymholl...jekte/abori.htm

Bozena

There's just a tiny problem with this Marlo Morgan...

The Aboriginals accuse her of committing "spiritual genocide".

They accuse her of being insulting and being racist in a subtle way, and totally mispresenting their spiritual life. The conversations in her book are incredible according to Aboriginals.

Robert Egginton, coordinator of the Aboriginal organistion "Dumbartung" is campaigning worldwide against her books. Morgan actually told him in a telephone conversation that she made it all up, but did not write this confession down on paper.

They accuse her of being insulting and being racist in a subtle way, and totally mispresenting their spiritual life. The conversations in her book are incredible according to Aboriginals.

Robert Egginton, coordinator of the Aboriginal organistion "Dumbartung" is campaigning worldwide against her books. Morgan actually told him in a telephone conversation that she made it all up, but did not write this confession down on paper.

I have actually read the same things about her, aboriginals are really not so happy with her and that most things she has written is utter b******s. They say she distorts their culture and heritage and makes a mockery of it.

we all evolvoved from one civilization - the homosepians in africa.

Erm I think you mean come from the same tribe. A civilisation cannot evolve, in the strict sense of the term. Also Homo sapiens is not a civilisation, but the name for the species of Hominidae, that modern humans are. It means "wise man" or "knowing man" in Latin.

But if I understand what you mean correctly, then yes you are quite right.

I see like many of the people here at UM, you mistake the set of things you personally know with the set of all things humanity knows. It is awfully conceited, but very common, especially with people pushing some silly agenda -- I mean, they have good reason to remain in a state of militant ignorance.

No serious historian takes verbal history very seriously (although it can be used in a supplementary sense) because there's no way to tease out what is actually real, what is mostly real and what isn't real at all. That's not being "small" or "smothered", it's being not naive.

The end of that post is just a self-indulgent excuse to remain both ignorant and inactive, mistaking some form of intellectual idleness for a creativity devoid of discipline.

--Jaylemurph

I wonder is there nobody doing research about Aboriginals?

Marlo is not the only one, being with them. Maybe they don't want to leave white people to them; maybe they hate all white people?

To live like they do (from the book) I believe there are no people and no tribes in the world living like they do. Maybe I am wrong?

Bozena

I wonder is there nobody doing research about Aboriginals?

Marlo is not the only one, being with them. Maybe they don't want to leave white people to them; maybe they hate all white people?

To live like they do (from the book) I believe there are no people and no tribes in the world living like they do. Maybe I am wrong?

Bozena

There's plenty of research done about the Aboriginals, plenty of real research. Marlo never was with them at all, she's a fraud and has admitted as much herself, when confronted by 8 elders of the Aboriginals Council.

If even the Aboriginals in question, about whome she pretends to write, brand her a fraud and racist, then I'm sorry, but she has no credibility whatsoever.

To give you but an example, of how far the Aboriginals are willing to go, to stop this woman. Dumbartung Aboriginal Corporation exists, to promote Aboriginal drama, dance, writing, painting, sculpture, craft work, music and any other Aboriginal art in Western Australia and abroad. This Corporation is run by Aboriginals for Aboriginal culture and history.

Check out what they have to say about Marlo :

Mutant Message Down Under Campaign 1

Mutant Message Down Under Campaign 2

Mutant Message Down Under Campaign 3

In all honesty, I don't think that this book is something to be believed at all.

I think it can be safely said that all Australian aborigines originate from a welshman and a Leprechaun who sailed there on a log, this can be authenticated by the Irish mythology "Welshman and Leprechaun on log" c1982 (new york press) Fact.

I think it can be safely said that all Australian aborigines originate from a welshman and a Leprechaun who sailed there on a log, this can be authenticated by the Irish mythology "Welshman and Leprechaun on log" c1982 (new york press) Fact.

Het -- I am considering retiring use of the entirety of my higher brain functions. I find your theories interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. I would like permission to endlessly parrot your theories at length at every possible opportunity, and then to elaborate them without knowing anything at all about any subjects it entails, all while not-very-subtly hinting they are, in fact, original to my brilliance, and anybody who contradicts me is a closed-minded poopyhead subject to the evil machinations of the Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies.

Please let me know if this unacceptable. It won't change anything I will do, but I want you to feel free to participate in my stupidity.

--Jaylemurph

So how is that magic pixie dust working for ya?