Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Halley's Comet

DrStrangelove

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chauncy

• DrStrangelove

• daedelus

• BurnSide

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe it.

back in grade 5 or 6 in england i remember studying an ancient roman manuscript that had a picture of people pointing to the sky outside their huts, and in the sky there was a giant flying fireball with a trail behind it. this was believed to be Halleys Comet.

user posted image

Could be anything I guess.

I don't think we need a coin to tell us that there was astronomical knowledge in our extreme past and pre-history.

Resembles a spacecraft of somekind more than a comet. Could be why they are telling you it is a comet..... w00t.gif

a couple of years ago i saw a comet i think it was hallys comet it was pretty sweet grin2.gif

probably was halleys comet as it did pass by a few years ago.

halley actually died the year before the comet was predicted to come past(according to his predictions), so he never did actually find out he was correct! (i think it was the year before, may be a few months though, im sure someone will correct me)

It could represent the Pineal gland as well to represent a superior understanding.

user posted image

a couple of years ago i saw a comet i think it was hallys comet it was pretty sweet

If it was only a couple of years ago, then it was not Comet Halley. This comet last approached Earth in April 1986. Naked eye comets since then have been Hyakutake in March 1996, and Hale-Bopp in 1997 (this was the best comet seen for decades, and it would have been a magnificent sight if it had approached the Earth more closely. Believe it or not, this comet was further away than the Sun at closest approach ohmy.gif )

I think that Ikeya-Zhang also became visible to the naked eye in 2002.