Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Rake...

NightTrainMurderer

^haha.

So, it seems that this story started around 2006ish? Can anyone find anything dating back further then 2006?

It's a pretty good story, I enjoyed it.

It's a decent story, though the writing isn't the best I've ever read. I was tempted to do an editing job on the thing, actually.

I don't think it's creepy exactly, but then, the Rake always makes me picture the ghoul from Pickman's Model by Lovecraft. Yeaaah.

No, it seems to have originated as just a story on the internet, and actually, if I remember correctly, inspired the slender man myths, instead of the other way around.

yes the rake is a real myth. my mom tells me we have one but i can never find it when the leaves fall. :) ( yeah im a jack a**!)

:lol:

The rake really is a comedy goldmine.

Um, that is a creepy story.

Not heard it before I'm afraid, although I do recall seeing something about 'the rake' someehere. I'll look around.

On a side note, I'm now looking at the ED page for creepypasta, and some of the stuff on there is very, very weird. Indeed, "when you see/read it you will be displeased" is the correct sentiment.

• 2 months later...

OK. Sorry, didn't realize how vague the post was when I made it.

There is a "creature" referred to as "the Rake", he is described as being a thin, pale human/oid.

Here is a story posted as a "creepypasta". Something about this seems so familiar though. Which is why I am asking if it actually exists as an urban legend.

Super creepy story, never heard anything like it. Now I am intrigued!

there was what appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of some sort.

What a great description!

Was it a man or a large hairless dog? It must have come from the island of Dr Moreau.

actting-like-a-human.thumbnail.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I'm going to tell you this now. The rake is real. Its also known as a 'wrath' or a 'Feral One'. Its mostly in suburban areas and is said to have limbs as pale as the moon that are twisted and contorted at impossible angles. Below this will be a few links you can go to. I know the rake is real because i myself have seen it. it killed my sister. I hope your interest in the 'Rake' never dies. i wish i could offer more of an explanation but i do not think you'd like that.

Sincerely,

Ichigi111kurosaki.

Links:

The Rake

http://everymanhybrid.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rake

http://monster-myth-or-fact.tumblr.com/post/17137104513/therake

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-rake

Edited by Ichigi111Kurosaki

Hello,

I'm going to tell you this now. The rake is real. Its also known as a 'wrath' or a 'Feral One'. Its mostly in suburban areas and is said to have limbs as pale as the moon that are twisted and contorted at impossible angles. Below this will be a few links you can go to. I know the rake is real because i myself have seen it. it killed my sister. I hope your interest in the 'Rake' never dies. i wish i could offer more of an explanation but i do not think you'd like that.

How can it be real when the creature is made up?

Hello,

Sincerely,

Ichigi111kurosaki.

Links:

The Rake

http://everymanhybri...m/wiki/The_Rake

http://monster-myth-...7104513/therake

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-rake

Lol seems like gorilla advertising to me. Jog on buddy.

• 2 months later...

it looks alot like the dover demon... weird...

dover_demon_or_the_rake__by_karatecat211-d5vf2ij.png

The resemblance is uncanny

I think if it is true this is a story that should be taken seriously, I mean, this thing killed a little girl!

I think if it is true this is a story that should be taken seriously, I mean, this thing killed a little girl!

Yeah if it is fake I don't see any reason that a mom would write that it killed one of her children, I mean aren't mothers supposed to hate even the idea of there children dying especially at that young of an age?

Okay, while the story itself seems pretty ridiculous....it kinda hit a nerve with me. When I was about 5 or 6 I used to have nightmares with monsters in them, and had named one of them "rake" so whenever I see the name it just freaks me out.

I wish I had made that up, but I have drawings/journals that have that name in it.

Please tell me that you are kidding.

• Like 1

Nothing weird about it. People are simply using the same image and making different claims about it.

• 2 weeks later...

that looks like something i saw on the news once when i was in ALabama. Someone saw it on their nightvision camera in tennesee.

m.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&client=mv-verizon-us&gl=US&v=oJa1sIt2wIs

this is it.

The rake is on the same level as other creatures, everyone thinks they saw it, to prove it they photoshop nightvision photos.

Still really creepy tho.

Edited by Jennifer_P
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Sounds more like a ghoul to me.

• 5 years later...

I've just watched a video where girl explains that she saw some creator that looks like rake near her village. But don't ask me to post a video, it's not English. This creature had dark skin and was skinny with white eyes. It ran into corn when the girls start screaming.

Luckily, topic already exists on one of my favourite forums.

There have been  some trIL CAM PHOTOS OF A CRETURE CALLED T the Rake. On the show, Paranormal  Caught on Tape, they showed a man checking out some noises in his shed in California.  He opens the door and you see this human  figure, pink or flesh colored on all fours.It then rushes towards him and he runs for it. .

I think they made a movie about this didn't they?

The narrative of the story has a logical break after the creature runs down the hall.  Simply put, we don't know when and how Clara learned the creature's name.  Was it in her room conversing with her?  If so, when did it attack her, and why didn't she scream?  It certainly didn't maim the kid and tell her it's name in the time it took for the parents to react.  Plot hole.

• Like 1