Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Americas "13" conspiracy

LucidElement

i was not aware that there were so many things linked to the number 13.. i was reading dan browns new lost symbol and on page 146 of his book he points out everything that is linked to the number 13.. "The great seal of the U.S had 13 stars, thirteen arrows, thirteen pyramid steps, thirteen shield stripes, thirteen olive leaves, thirteen olives, thirteen letter in annuit coeptis, thirteen letters in e pluribus unum, and on and on." -Dan Brown, Lost Symbol...

Anyways, so is this really a conspiracy, can anyone tell me why this is a big deal, if it is? and maybe some other things that have 13 in them?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uncle jerry

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• sinewave

• adrenochromevortex

i was not aware that there were so many things linked to the number 13.. i was reading dan browns new lost symbol and on page 146 of his book he points out everything that is linked to the number 13.. "The great seal of the U.S had 13 stars, thirteen arrows, thirteen pyramid steps, thirteen shield stripes, thirteen olive leaves, thirteen olives, thirteen letter in annuit coeptis, thirteen letters in e pluribus unum, and on and on." -Dan Brown, Lost Symbol...

Anyways, so is this really a conspiracy, can anyone tell me why this is a big deal, if it is? and maybe some other things that have 13 in them?

When I looked at this post, you had a total of 2407 posts on this forum. 2 + 4 + 0 + 7 = 13. I think you're part of the conspiracy.

Oh I can't wait to read this book. They're only selling it in hard cover now. Hopefully it won't be long until it comes out in paperback.

Did you know the first US flag had 13 stars and 13 stripes. Is that part of the conspiracy?

What about the fact that thirteen colonies rebelled against Britain? Just as well the American rebels didn't conquer Canada as that would've thrown everything out...

Okay, the last bit was just kidding.

Look at it this way - thirteen colonies rebelled against Britain and gained their independence. Given that the flag had thirteen stars and thirteen stripes, it seems that the number of colonies/states was on the minds of the early leaders of the USA. So much so that when two more states joined the union, the flag temporarily had 15 stripes as well as 15 stars. The Great Seal was designed after the USA's independence, by people with thirteen on their mind. Given that the seal could contain whatever elements they wanted, it's perhaps not surprising that they chose to put in thirteen of the things they put in there.

As for the two mottoes with thirteen letters in them, I wonder what other expressions they might have chosen, but rejected because they didn't have thirteen letters in them. And in any case, can any Latin scholars tell us whether the mottoes are good Latin? I thought, for example, that "out of" or "from" in Latin was ex not e. But then again, it's all Greek to me. ;-)

Yes, I agree. The fact that there were 13 original colonies may have had some influence on that.

Edited by sinewave

When I looked at this post, you had a total of 2407 posts on this forum. 2 + 4 + 0 + 7 = 13. I think you're part of the conspiracy.

I think you're missing what's really going on here. 2+4+0+7=13, yes. However, 13, split part, is 1+3. 1+3=4. Today is October 5th. 5th day of the month. 662 split apart is 6+6+2. 6+6+2=14. 14 split apart is 1+4. 1+4=5, coincidence? 662+4=666. I conclude that LucidElement is not only part of this conspiracy, but the anti-Christ himself.

The 13 symbolism everywhere in American "heraldry"(for lack of a better term) is simply representative of the 13 colonies. That's it. The answer is so obvious and, to be frank, mundane that the fact the conspiracytards completely miss that is hilarious yet also enraging to me.

Well, I agree with your assessment, but why the unnecessary name calling?

I'd incredibly wary of using anything Dan Brown writes as a basis for anything other then a story.

"The facts are true, except some have been altered to make the story more interesting" is something of a motto for Brown.

Blind Messiah... HUH!?!?! u either have way to much time on ur hands, or something, cause i dont even get what and why your talking about the number 4.

Blind Messiah... HUH!?!?! u either have way to much time on ur hands, or something, cause i dont even get what and why your talking about the number 4.

I think he was making a joke about Numerology.

Compare all the instances were you see the number 13 and compare it to the number of times you don't find the number 13.

Figure out which instances can be written away rationally(such as there is 13 stripes because there was 13 states, no mystery)

Realize you can come to similar conclusions using a ton of different numbers(the smaller the easier)

Read up on Numerology on wiki

Watch the Jim Carey movie The Number 23

Considering its Dan Brown, double checking the facts would be recommended.

Lots o reasons. i think the most significant(at least in conspiratorial terms) is the device used by the ancient masons and all their odd angles amplifying each other to make huge buildings that not many can figure out how made. pyrimids and stone henge and some place in florida (cape cod somewhere maybe?) its alot of arithmatic and it involves and a kind of cog-like device shaped like the star of david. it is able to move massive objects and place them in seemingly impossible arrangements.

I'd incredibly wary of using anything Dan Brown writes as a basis for anything other then a story.

"The facts are true, except some have been altered to make the story more interesting" is something of a motto for Brown.

...and Oliver Stone.

The 13 symbolism everywhere in American "heraldry"(for lack of a better term) is simply representative of the 13 colonies. That's it. The answer is so obvious and, to be frank, mundane that the fact the conspiracytards completely miss that is hilarious yet also enraging to me.

Okay I agree with you on what the 13 stripes represented here. Let me just throw this one in though. What were the 13 stars on the confederate battle flag representing? I know you are discussing the American flag, but I have always found it interesting that the Confederate states had 13 stars on their flag. While only having 11 states in their Union. I was reading a book by E.W. Bullinger "Number in Scripture" a few years ago. On page 205 concerning the number 13: [As to the significance of thirteen, all are aware that it has come down to us as a number of ill-omen. It first occurs in Gen 14:4 Where we read 12 years they served Chedorlamomer an in the 13th year they REBELLED.

Hence every occurance of the number thirteen, and likewise of every multiple of it, stamps that with which it stands in connection with rebellion, apostay, defection, corruption, disentigration, revolution, or some kindred idea.]

Much more in the book on the number thirteen than I can quote. I just found it interesting that it is connected to rebellion.

See Ya,

Jeff Lord :)

That is interesting. According to what I've heard the original confederate flag had 2 bars with 7 stars in each bar to represent the 7 states that were in the confederate union at the time the flag was made. I could be wrong on this.

I think too that the 13 in everything represented the 13 colonies.

That is interesting. According to what I've heard the original confederate flag had 2 bars with 7 stars in each bar to represent the 7 states that were in the confederate union at the time the flag was made. I could be wrong on this.

I think too that the 13 in everything represented the 13 colonies.

The confederate flag went through many different changes but eventually wound up with 13 stars. It went from the stars and bars with 7 stars, then 9 stars, then 11 stars to finally 13. Then was changed to the stainless banner with the naval ensign (X) in the corner that had 13 stars on it. I was just really adding that in because it had 13 stars on it with no real explanation why. I was really just sharing what I found out about the number 13.

See Ya,

Blind Messiah... HUH!?!?! u either have way to much time on ur hands

I clearly do.

I think he was making a joke about Numerology.

That was my intention.

Supposively 13 bloodlines have dominated the world for the past oh i dont know ..... history. i havent done much research into the subject but i do know that the bushes, cheney, the queen, blair, obama, kerry, lincoln,the kennedys and even both brad pitt and angelina are all related.

I've heard that some instances of 13 can be traced to the tribes of Israel. The original 12 and Joseph split into Ephraim and Manasseh for 13 total.

I've heard that some instances of 13 can be traced to the tribes of Israel. The original 12 and Joseph split into Ephraim and Manasseh for 13 total.

And if the Mormons are to be believed, then at least one of the 13 tribes turned up in America.

Supposively 13 bloodlines have dominated the world for the past oh i dont know ..... history. i havent done much research into the subject but i do know that the bushes, cheney, the queen, blair, obama, kerry, lincoln,the kennedys and even both brad pitt and angelina are all related.

I wish mate, I'm indirectly part of the royal bloodline and can trace my heritage back to the Crusades (including odd Templar-ish hints).

if the family was ruling the world, I'd be slightly more successful then I am.

Whenever I've heard it discussed, the number 13 and where it's found among American symbolism has to do with the Free Masons.

The confederate flag went through many different changes but eventually wound up with 13 stars. It went from the stars and bars with 7 stars, then 9 stars, then 11 stars to finally 13. Then was changed to the stainless banner with the naval ensign (X) in the corner that had 13 stars on it. I was just really adding that in because it had 13 stars on it with no real explanation why. I was really just sharing what I found out about the number 13.

See Ya,

The Confederate battle flag has 13 stars to represent the 11 states of the Confederacy and the two border states of Kentucky and Missouri.

The Confederate battle flag has 13 stars to represent the 11 states of the Confederacy and the two border states of Kentucky and Missouri.

Okay I can kinda of see that as explanation, but then again why not 14 stars? 11 for the confederate states 1 for Kentucky, 1 for Missouri & 1 for Maryland. Maryland was full of confederate sympathizers. I think their statesmen were jailed by Lincoln for fear that they would seceed also. All together there were a total of 5 border states. I was just really making connection with the number 13 and Rebellion. What ever the reason for the 13 stars ( and you may be right) I just think it significant that it wound up being 13 and that number is associated with rebellion.

Anyways, so is this really a conspiracy,

umm.. in itself.. no :)

it's more along the lines of 12 disciples +1 leader. 12 knights of a round table +1 king arthur kind of thing..

..you've got a cool journey ahead of you :)

don't let anyone misinform you that it's simply about 13 states, or anything of that nature. if it were, the reference would be much more "exoteric" and there would be no "esoteric" symbols such as pyramids in eyes on dollar bills. noone 'lights a candle' then puts it in a dark place, know what i mean?

..JayleMurph or one of the others ought to be along soon to discredit that..

civil war, eh? 'Albert Pike' fits the bill if i remember right.. why don't you do a little reading on that fellow and see where it takes you?

be discerning of any and all info you pick up from mainstream media.. pearls usually don't make their way to us swine..

[edit] errata

numerology can be 'funny'

western: unlucky = 13

eastern: unlucky = 4 (1+3)

Edited by unit