Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Your Favorite Ghostwriter

3 Reasons Why I Don't Buy Doomsday 2012

34 posts in this topic

I think Zacharia Sitchin and L. Ron Hubbard could be taught in Media Studies classes as object lessons in how you can never over-estimate the gullibility of the public.

I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about it, s'all. Any of you ever get that feeling, like something bad is about to happen (in different situations, not the 2012 thing) right before it does? Kind of like a cop's gut instincts, etc. Thats kind of what I've got going on when I think about it.

Edited by SpiderCyde

You mean like actual tangible evidence? Probably not, if there was a large planet close enough to strike the Earth in 2012 we'd already be seeing its affects. Basically, a large body simply can't *sneak up* on us without causing some pretty obvious ramifications to the entire solar system.

See, I know this and I prove so as well, by link and reference. But for once I would like to have any of the 2012 posse, present some kind of evidence to the matter, just once.

2012 is a case of too many people assigning too much significance to what is likely to be nothing more than an arbitrary date, at least in this case we'll know for sure one way or the other once the year has come and gone.

Well said and what most of us think.

I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about it, s'all. Any of you ever get that feeling, like something bad is about to happen (in different situations, not the 2012 thing) right before it does? Kind of like a cop's gut instincts, etc. Thats kind of what I've got going on when I think about it.

So there is nothing tangible whatsoever? Don't get me wrong, I tend to listen to my gut feelings as well, saved my butt from being kicked a few times, this said, when it comes to 2012, sorry, but no, a gut feeling just aint good enough.

Edited by TheSearcher

So there is nothing tangible whatsoever? Don't get me wrong, I tend to listen to my gut feelings as well, saved my butt from being kicked a few times, this said, when it comes to 2012, sorry, but no, a gut feeling just aint good enough.

For everyone's sakes, I hope you are right.

For everyone's sakes, I hope you are right.

I know im new here and all, but GIVE ME A BREAK WITH 2012!!! look ok i've done extensive research on 2012 and the only PLOSIBLE theroes are nuclear warfare (cause almost half of us are retarded killers), meteors, and polar shifting. Now i know i sound really cruel, but COME ON even these are disintergrated. 1. (nuclear warfare) someone has to be alive to throw the last nuke so someone will survive. 2. (meteors) Im pretty sure NASA would tell us meteors are comin' (either that or they wouldn't want us to panic.) 3.(polar shifting) This wouldn't nessecaraly destroy earth, just damage it, and we are overdue. and just because the aztec calender ends on 12/21/12 doesnt mean its the end of EVERYTHING! it only means that its the beginning of a new era. So really what im getting at is that The earth might get destroyed, and it might not. Dont panic over it, im pretty sure we'll live to see hover cars and robotic human and all that jazz. And like they have said There have been MANY apocolypse theroes AND NONE OF THEM HAPPENED!!! So in the end we either embrace the end or get drpressed and say "im to young to die" cause NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

Bad news sells! Fear sells! Make a million selling 2012 Survival Kits! Ask me how!

1./ Nostradamus hasn't said anything about the End of the World in 2012.

2./ The Mayan Calendar is a Calendar, not a Prophecy.

3./ nbsp;The World Has Already Ended X Times Before.

i've just got an open mind on the subject.. but no so much my brains are falling out..

1) i don't see how it all hinges on nostradamus? (and as another poster said, if he DID mention it, would that confirm it?)

2) yeah. it IS a calendar. calendars track/chart time. when a certain amount of 'time' has elapsed (ie:month) a new period begins. when a certain amount of 'times' has elapsed (ie:12 months) another period begins (ad nauseum)

3) ended? (looks around.. blinks) ..things still seem to be existing? ..they're talking about 'ages' ..an 'age' will end, the mayan prophecy describes this. read up on it?

if you don't care to delve into the scene any deeper because nostradamus isn't involved.. i'm still pondering any significance of 12,000 / 26,000 year cycles (kali yuga etc) and proven previous ice-ages etc, (consider that they have found mammoths snap-frozen with food still in stomach) ..certain bible phrases supposedly uttered by jesus, unconfirmed reports of da-vinci's mentioning 2012 events, crop circle depictions of planetary alignments [supposedly] on 2012 showing sun expanded to venus orbit [what does this represent i wonder?], notwithstanding there does seem to be an alignment to galactic centre during this time, plus anything else i'm forgetting off the top of my head..

the 2012 event could be a corona ejection or some other sun activity that ejects a blast wave of sorts onto earth, this resulting wave could trigger a magnetic reversal on earth and a shifting of the land masses (pole flip, which have apparently happened before in earths past)

all these different disaster scenarios may endup just being parts of the same event?

consider also "we all know our planet and we inhabitants CAN NOT continue to exist for much longer if we continue doing what we are doing" (does anyone disagree with that???) we could also be in for a 'staged event' (insert NWO here?)

i'm kinda with SpiderCyde on this one.. SOMETHING DOES NOT FEEL RIGHT ABOUT THIS.

i will resolve to become a systemite drone on 1/1/13.. untill then i'm keeping my options open..

When 2012 comes and goes, and nothing happens, I am going to stand on the rooftops with a megaphone and berate everyone who was foolish enough to buy into yet another "end of the world/things be a changin" conspiracy. Remember Y2K? Remember every other prophecy? Remember what happened? Oh yeah, NOTHING.

the 2012 event could be a corona ejection or some other sun activity that ejects a blast wave of sorts onto earth, this resulting wave could trigger a magnetic reversal on earth and a shifting of the land masses (pole flip, which have apparently happened before in earths past)

A corona ejection (should be a coronal mass ejection or CME) is an ejection of material from the solar corona. The ejected material is a plasma consisting primarily of electrons and protons, plus the entraining coronal magnetic field.

When the ejection reaches the Earth, it may disrupt the Earth's magnetosphere, compressing it on the day side and extending the night-side tail. When the magnetosphere reconnects on the nightside, it creates trillions of watts of power which is directed back toward the Earth's upper atmosphere. This process can cause particularly strong aurora also known as aurora borealis (in the Northern Hemisphere), and aurora australis (in the Southern Hemisphere).

CME events, along with solar flares, can disrupt radio transmissions, cause power outages and cause damage to satellites and electrical transmission lines.

This might or might not trigger a reversal or "shift" of the magnetic poles, but that this is a process that takes thousands of years to complete and that it has no influence whatsoever on the land masses (for anything like that you'd need a physical impact of some kind).

Because the magnetic field has never been observed to reverse by humans with instrumentation and the mechanism of field generation is not well understood, it is difficult which characteristics of the magnetic field might be leading up to a reversal. It is speculated, that a greatly diminished magnetic field during a reversal period will expose the surface of the earth to a substantial and potentially damaging increase in cosmic radiation. However, Homo erectus and their ancestors certainly survived many previous reversals. There is no uncontested evidence that a magnetic field reversal has ever caused any biological extinctions.