Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Wolf (omen of tradgedy?)

F. Mulder

I was talking with a friend of mine about ghosts, hauntings, etc. and she talked about bieng able to see a black wolf who shows up, and even sometimes speaks to her inside her head. I deducted that possibly it was an omen much like a large black dog. Maybe a different take on it. and she claims it has physically contacted her, knocking her over once. She says that he beckons to you and if you follow him you die. I doubt much has been done to investigate her claim. Apparently her and many of her other friends experince the same thing. The most chilling of all is if he reveals his "true form" were he becomes decrepit and his flesh starts falling off and he smells like sewage and decay. Personally i dont put much credence in the story, but she is much more spiritually connected than i am (to the paranormal. Not christianity or some sort of religion). What do you guys think?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• F. Mulder

• Corp

• GH0STW0LF

I was talking with a friend of mine about ghosts, hauntings, etc. and she talked about bieng able to see a black wolf who shows up, and even sometimes speaks to her inside her head. I deducted that possibly it was an omen much like a large black dog. Maybe a different take on it. and she claims it has physically contacted her, knocking her over once. She says that he beckons to you and if you follow him you die. I doubt much has been done to investigate her claim. Apparently her and many of her other friends experince the same thing. The most chilling of all is if he reveals his "true form" were he becomes decrepit and his flesh starts falling off and he smells like sewage and decay. Personally i dont put much credence in the story, but she is much more spiritually connected than i am (to the paranormal. Not christianity or some sort of religion). What do you guys think?

No offense, but I think in all probability she is nuts. Is she of American Indian extraction? If she is really having these visions or actually sighting it, maybe it comes from her heritage. Of course Indians had dogs too. I dunno.

Has she spoken to a doctor? I've had similar experiences, but it's important to find out if these visions and voices aren't being caused by something neurological. If she's really worried, have her speak to a doctor about it. Several years ago I was concerned about a similar experience (only it was a white wolf for me), but the doctor could not find anything wrong with me, and councilors believed I was not suffering from a mental illness. So, I concluded that it was really happening--nothing else was going to explain it. Narrow it down, get the dirty work done first, and find out whether she is really experiencing something, or if her brain is making her believe something that isn't real. You just can't be sure until that gets checked out.

However, I do believe in spirit guides, and I personally don't think that the color of the wolf's fur should be an indication of evil. I've never heard of anything like this before, where if one were to follow this particular creature they would die... In the case of a spirit guide, how does your friend know that they aren't two separate entities?

My ultimate suggestion is to definitely have her see a doctor about it first.

Has she spoken to a doctor? I've had similar experiences, but it's important to find out if these visions and voices aren't being caused by something neurological. If she's really worried, have her speak to a doctor about it. Several years ago I was concerned about a similar experience (only it was a white wolf for me), but the doctor could not find anything wrong with me, and councilors believed I was not suffering from a mental illness. So, I concluded that it was really happening--nothing else was going to explain it. Narrow it down, get the dirty work done first, and find out whether she is really experiencing something, or if her brain is making her believe something that isn't real. You just can't be sure until that gets checked out.

However, I do believe in spirit guides, and I personally don't think that the color of the wolf's fur should be an indication of evil. I've never heard of anything like this before, where if one were to follow this particular creature they would die... In the case of a spirit guide, how does your friend know that they aren't two separate entities?

My ultimate suggestion is to definitely have her see a doctor about it first.

No The color of the animals pelt does not factor into Native culture as much as it does with Western thinking. Many times animals are black in nature and therefore are regarded as simply what they are. I have a native friend and everytime she sees a Bald eagle it means disater for her family and friends so, no, the color is typically irrelevant but the type of animal is, from the the sounds of it , her wolf is a Manitou or a brujah. The fact that it changes to a decrepit rotting being is indicative of its foul nature.

again, have her get some tests done to find out if she is having any issues with mental capabilities, rule it out, then if she still sees them then she needs to see a shaman, or a native Holy man.

Hope this helps, btw you can look up Manitou and Brujah.

~Gh0st~

Is she delusional, no one knows until she is checked, are there spirit guides , without a doubt ask any Shaman...

I thought too that perhaps it was some mental disorder or possibly a concious hallucination, except that she has other friends who i trust very much who have also seen it. She is of native american descent, but it is extremely minimal. She is though largely scottish, and I know that the black dog omen is big over there (the name escapes me at the moment)

I thought too that perhaps it was some mental disorder or possibly a concious hallucination, except that she has other friends who i trust very much who have also seen it. She is of native american descent, but it is extremely minimal. She is though largely scottish, and I know that the black dog omen is big over there (the name escapes me at the moment)

Her friends may be playing along?

Do you mean "black shuck"? There are a number of threads and articles about the mysterious black dog phenomena. In your friends case I don't think that is the simple answer.

1. Your friend, and her friends, ought to get together and discuss this. You should speak to her friends and ask them exactly what they are talking about. Either there is a mass delusion, and that is very common, or they are sharing something that is cause for concern. Do these people drink or take any drugs?

2. I doubt this black wolf is a guiding spirit if he encourages your friend to follow him and appears threatening. I don't actually think this is a wolf, but some form of negative entity that is playing with her thoughts. This happens when a group of people (that know eachother closely) dabbles in the occult and it releases a neurochemical in the brain. Someone experimented with this and after that he and his companions saw strange sinister beings. It's psychological and is feeding off the fears of your friend, and her friends likewise.

3. Can your friend tell the difference between a wolf and a dog?

4. How old is she?

5. What emotional state was she in when this started happening?

6. What are her friends like?

7. Are they religious?

So what would the wolf say?

Corp, ignorant questions such as yours sidetrack the serious questions that are posed please dont mock or make fun of people or what they say.

Lady A Very astute points, all of these factors should as well be taken into account.

Every one of us has a dark side or shadow self. Many older cultures recognized this more so than today.

I suspect that there is a reason for these conversations. This may be a good chance for her to resolve some inner conflict(s).

John

Corp, ignorant questions such as yours sidetrack the serious questions that are posed please dont mock or make fun of people or what they say.

Lady A Very astute points, all of these factors should as well be taken into account.

How is my question not serious? How is it mocking or making fun? That's right it isn't. The OP stated that the wolf "spoke" to their friend. I'm interested in knowing if it actually said anything of meaning. It's not every day you get a wolf talking to you.

I have a native friend and everytime she sees a Bald eagle it means disater for her family and friends

That's rather ironic considering the bald eagle is symbolic of America, and America's history of decimating the native populations. Interesting.

How would she know about dying if you follow him? No one would live to tell that tale, and I doubt the wolf would be telling her that if he's trying to beckon her. Is it just a feeling she gets?

I think it would be most rational for your friend to first see a doctor.

I agree a lot of conclusions are being leapt to with aplomb, both by the OP as well as some other posters. I do not think asking what the wolf said was at all out of line or mocking, it is a question I also would ask, so I would ask people to refrain from characterizing others' questions as ignorant, and think such things through twice.

How do you know she is "much more connected to the paranormal" than you are? What does that mean? If you aren't connected, then what proof do you have? Does she glow or produce ectoplasm or summon water elementals or something? She can be very much "into" the paranormal and occultism and cultural myths, but that doesn't mean she is "connected" anymore than standing in a garage and going "vroom!" makes you a car, to be blunt.

For it to be a mystery, your friend knows an awful lot of things about this thing - it sounds more like an urban legend she has heard somewhere and mentally projected (meaning only psychologically, like transference) it in her own perception, where of course it seems very real to her and can cause the same response in a person as if such a thing were real.

Next, just because her other friends "trust very much" her story means nothing, as the legal and scientific disciplines will make abundantly clear. It might add some weight to her story, but as noted above, if she is experiencing a natural perceptive phenomena, it can affect her just as much as a real "black shuck" or whatever it is.

Honestly she sounds somewhat young, at least still in young adulthood, and likely very much into paranormal things and depressive or some other features of not being happy, morbid, or sort of nihilistic or devil-may-care, impulsive, etc. It is a strange dichotomy but one which is seen in a lot of reports such as this.

ebony i would like to know what happend to you and the white wolf? do you still see it?

Sadly, no. I only saw her when I was going through a very rough time, but now that I have everything straightened out I guess don't need her help anymore. I used to see her a lot, but as things progressively got better in my life, I started seeing her less and less, and now it's been at least two years since I've seen her at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, no. I only saw her when I was going through a very rough time, but now that I have everything straightened out I guess don't need her help anymore. I used to see her a lot, but as things progressively got better in my life, I started seeing her less and less, and now it's been at least two years since I've seen her at all.

I had an experience almost exactly like that. I've been doing research recently, having gone insane trying to locate this wolf that I've been seeing (I have my reasons to believe he resides as a human somewhere in the world and that we must find one another.)... However, the wolf wasn't white, he was black, and at first, was horrifyingly intimidating. After the third or fourth time of seeing him, I noticed a strong connection that was different than with anything else - I knew he wasn't a spirit guide. I almost instantly learned his name - Adare. He grew attatched to me, as I did with him, and it almost seems as if a sharp pain goes through my heart whenever I know that he's not nearby, or I don't "feel" his prescence. Recently, it's been tough because after a dream of him appearing to me as a PERSON, I have yet to feel that connection with him for any extended period of time, only for about thirty seconds, or a minute if I'm lucky. It's as if the connection keeps fading in and out. I don't know. Maybe I'm just nutters. :]

I had an experience almost exactly like that. I've been doing research recently, having gone insane trying to locate this wolf that I've been seeing (I have my reasons to believe he resides as a human somewhere in the world and that we must find one another.)... However, the wolf wasn't white, he was black, and at first, was horrifyingly intimidating. After the third or fourth time of seeing him, I noticed a strong connection that was different than with anything else - I knew he wasn't a spirit guide. I almost instantly learned his name - Adare. He grew attatched to me, as I did with him, and it almost seems as if a sharp pain goes through my heart whenever I know that he's not nearby, or I don't "feel" his prescence. Recently, it's been tough because after a dream of him appearing to me as a PERSON, I have yet to feel that connection with him for any extended period of time, only for about thirty seconds, or a minute if I'm lucky. It's as if the connection keeps fading in and out.

How do you figure he's not a spirit guide? And why do you think that the "connection" was broken after seeing him as a human? Do you think it's possible that whatever he was intended to help you with before is over, and that it's time for him to move on?

I had a small, similar experience a while back. A couple years ago a friend of mine was having trouble with seeing a black dog/wolf, actually. I told her I would ask for a dream in which I spoke with it, to see if I could help her. Just as a bit of background, I can't lucid dream and I have never before had a dream that I've requested or "invited", so I don't believe that I forced myself to have the dream in anyway--I hadn't done it before, and I haven't been able to do it since. At any rate, I did meet with him in a dream, with the white wolf too. I didn't feel that this one was a guide either, but more of a harbinger. The wolf and I were standing beside a path in a dark forest, when a line of soldiers came marching up followed by a black dog or wolf--it was very shaggy and wild looking, but I couldn't place exactly what it looked like. It walked up to us and said, "Don't tell a soul," and ran up to the soldiers. He turned into a person and fell inline with the others, and they disappeared. I don't know what it was about.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just nutters. :]

Maybe we all are. D;

Or at least the two of us. 8D

I think you should all be aware, all of you who have seen that black wolf thing...I've never seen thats sort of thing myself.

Whats happening to me is sometimes I feel like a wolf. Something triggers that- sometimes the feeling just comes over me like I need to run and howl and.. other times I'm not a wolf. I'm an angel, or a bird, or the lady next door. Did you ever get that feeling? Like your not yourself. Like your somebody or someone else.

• 2 years later...

Here is what I know from my own experience.

When I was in my early twenties, I was not a good guy. I had a drug problem and just generally did bad things. Since childhood I had always been receptive to paranormal phenomena such as seeing spirits (rare), having street lights turn off when I passed by (often until late twenties) and just generally having things happen around me. So around this dark time in my life I began experiencing allot of strange things (hauntings). As most of you probably know, people can be haunted as well as locations. I had covers pulled off me, I'd had my legs being pulled slowly off the bed, getting shoved when no one was around, and just generally feeling like something was there. I remember vividly that I lay on the floor of my living room (because I did not want to sleep in my bedroom) and I got the feeling that something was looming over me and I awoke. I felt hot, putrid breath on my face and I rolled over and seen a dog staring at me. It was black and, as my eyes adjusted, I seen that half of it's face was rotted off and it had these piercing eyes (don't remember the color). It scared the hell outta me cuz when I first awoke I thought it was my own dog, and quickly realized it was not. I immediately rolled back over and, like a child, covered my head with my blanket. I waited a few moments and turned back around and it was gone. Thinking I was going nuts and always looking for other explanations, I went looking for my own dog who was passed out in the hallway, obviously fast asleep because I had a hard time waking him up (I woke him to see how he would react, thinking if something was there he might sense it) he just looked at me and went back to sleep. In my personal opinion, I believe my own hauntings were demonic in nature. In living the way I did, the natural gateways in my mind were wore down and I was highly susceptible to spiritual influences. Before, when I was younger, I might see and sense things but they never affected me like they did in that period of my life. I've since cleaned up my act and never had that kind of malevolent activity directly affect me since. And No, surprisingly, I wasn't 'high' during any of these experiences, and I've often wondered why that was....maybe so I would not doubt myself that they were real. I'm leaning toward the belief that I was allowed to experience these things as a warning for me to change the way I was living. Kind of a glimpse at what my life would be if I kept up with the bad things I was doing. Dunno if anyone has had similar experiences, but I wanted to share my story anyway. Thanx

• 4 weeks later...

Misunderstood animal. Your friend is reading too much in to it. I saw a huge black dog yesterday, he was lovely. Black GSD I think.