Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex carnavas

Important things in life?

6 posts in this topic

First i would like to give thanks to the source that inspired this article and encourage you to read the

original.

To me the most important and "valuable" things in life have to be: (i know selfish but what have we if not

ourselves?)

1. The pursuit and attainment oh happines.

2. Unconditional love from those/ to those who we really care about/ who really care about us.

3. Knowledge.

4. Truth.

5. Giving back to nature in life/death

Also why can we not be selfish in the pursuit of our joys in life as long as we harm no one/nothing ? Is

our purppose in life not to enjoy it and give back to nature ?

First i would like to give thanks to the source that inspired this article and encourage you to read the

original.

To me the most important and "valuable" things in life have to be: (i know selfish but what have we if not

ourselves?)

1. The pursuit and attainment oh happines.

2. Unconditional love from those/ to those who we really care about/ who really care about us.

3. Knowledge.

4. Truth.

5. Giving back to nature in life/death

Also why can we not be selfish in the pursuit of our joys in life as long as we harm no one/nothing ? Is

our purppose in life not to enjoy it and give back to nature ?

I happen to agree with you. Whilst it is frequently a misunderstood thing when people say they are intrinsically selfish, it's purely a matter of semantics. Even those among us who are true altruists can be said to be getting what they want out of life, in their case giving freely; so they are being selfish by allowing themselves to do what they want. That's not to say that theirs is a lesser way of living a life than any other... particularly by those who live their lives in the generally accepted definition of selfishness !!

My personal idea of the most important and valuable things in life are : Health, happiness and long life.

Anything else is down to perspective.

Btw, there's another thread on a similar topic to this, "What adds real value to life" Thought you might like to know..

F

Edited by Fitter

I think this can only be measured by each individual. There is no TRUE answer to this question in my opinion. Some people might say driving their car is while others say eating. Good thought though.

-Tim G

To fitter: i agree with what you said also we are all "selfish" to some degree but life is a pleasant adventure not a mundane redundant get-walked-all-over hell ride :lol:

To Tim g: Of course only the individual can decide what values he enjoys most in life but i think most of us can agree with at least one of these things ? But of course like anything else humans will always disagree presenting their own opinions, and facts so keep them coming guys! :tu:

I would say.

Life

Sapience

Knowledge

Free will

Because

Life gives birth to sapience.

Sapience allows for the development of knowledge.

Knowledge enables the exercise of informed free will.

Informed free will is what defines us as human beings.

so stay cool and be happy :tu: