Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House Gymnastics

SuperSarah

This is a really strange hobbie that alot of people are now taking part in inlcuding myself its called House Gymnastics

I first came across it in a random book section, and thought it was a p*ss take but later relised that people were taking it seriousely and when i read later at home i found myself highly addicted straight away as a couldnt stop looking around the house thinking of possitions i could do i even did a few in college (if only i had a camera)

Take a look at the link at the bottom of my page next to it is- Rock on!

This picture is a favorite Ceiling Walk (pic not me its from website)

Edited by Revengeful_Angel

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• SuperSarah

• Janiel

• zygon

The 'Jumping jack wedge' is a favourite of mine

user posted image

lol! crazy!

i used to goto a youth club, and whilst waiting to go in me and my mates would take it in turns to do the jumping jack wedge on this archway grin2.gif

We used to do stuff like that at our old house!

Journey's (big sisser) doorway was perfect for climbing. so was the hallway that lead to my room.

can't do it here though, the halls are too wide and all the doorways have doors in em. (our sisser's didn't for some reason)

funfun.

This reminds me of the indoor mountaineering sketch, in Monty Python. I do remember trying that in my (first) teens. wink2.gif

We also had the competition for seeing who could jump down the stairs from the greatest height.

hehe cuff, we do that at my mates house, (jumping down stairs) i currently hold the record of 7 or 8 stairs (there is an outcrop in the way so any higher and you're looking at a concussion!)

unfotunately we moved house a couple of weeks back and this house doesn't seem to have anywhere good for this sport, whereas my old house was perfect.

in my old house there was my kitchen, dining room and front room all a the end of the hall, close together, but on 3 different walls (look at this quick diagram i made)

The red circle is the area i used.

i would grab hold of the kitchen door frame and the dining room door frame and then put my feet on the wall in the corner and climb up. was quite good fun

Maybe i should do a thread for house gymnastics where people can send in there photos of them self doing stunts idea.gif Yeah!!!!!!! il get a digital camera from the libary to day and do a few tomorrow, might take awhile to up load them cause i have to do it in college, and its a long drawn out process disgust.gif dam tutors!

hehe cuff, we do that at my mates house, (jumping down stairs) i currently hold the record of 7 or 8 stairs (there is an outcrop in the way so any higher and you're looking at a concussion!)

7 or 8! That is seriously high up! grin2.gif

*wonders about stair-jumping as an Olympic sport...*

Guest Lottie

That house gymnastics looks wild! laugh.gif I used to do stair jumping contests as well with my cousins until I twisted my ankle. Oh those were the days... laugh.gif

I rememebr doing stuff like that in my dad's house. though my brother and I would jump from the second floor to the landing (Six foot drop) Then from the landing to the floor in order to try and catch each other.

We'd also climb up and down the laundry shoot. *Giggles* I remember my brother got stuck once. I always had to work my way in so that I was at a diagonal in the shoot or I'd get stuck. *Lucky for this elf her shoulders aren't as wide as the dumb barbarian of a brother she has*

The 'Jumping jack wedge' is a favourite of mine

user posted image

i've done that before! when i was like 9 or so i would do that all the time!

My parents would beat the crap out of my if they found me doing that. dontgetit.gif

Oh well, I'm still on the high school gymnastics team! tongue.gif

My parents would beat the crap out of my if they found me doing that. dontgetit.gif

My uncle, in his late twenties at the time, used to join in with the stair-jumping. grin2.gif Of course, being over six feet tall, he had a distinctly unfair advantage.

My House Gymnastics was mostly limited to the out side, after the trampoline, I mean lounge broke blink.gif , I was like a little monkey, I'd climb anything. My parents tried to stop me, but I was also like a little Harry Houdini nothing could stop me, not locks, not even 6ft high fences laugh.gif

no wonder they went grey early dontgetit.gifwhistling2.gif

user posted image

I did something like this once when I was 10 , except I pressed against one side of the hall with my hands and the other with my feet hard enough so I could walk up the wall . My cousin was coming over when I did this ... I jumped down in front of her and scarred her sh*tless .

tongue.gifwhistling2.gifdevil.giflaugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

in the metal shop where i work i climb up the pipes and sheet metal then hang from the ceiling till i get dizzy wacko.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I used to do this stuff, until I hada bit of an accident...I was doing that thing in the hallway and I fell down and the banister was right underneath me...needless to say, I racked my...ummm...well, you get the picture...I'm going to start doing it again...just hope I don't have another accident sad.gif