Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Switching Bodies Via Astral Projection

unknownMember

Ok, I'm new to this website. I have seen it before and read a few astral travel and Lucid dreaming threads.

First off, I am interested in astral travel. I have been trying to successfully leave the body, however, I only ever get to the stage where the vibrations kick in. I can never manage to actually leave the body. I'd like to hear other people's successful techniques and stories of astral travel.

Secondly, I'd like to know if, during astral projection, it's possible to go into someone else's body?

If it is possible and if anyone has ever managed this, please, I would love to hear the stories of your experiences.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and your advice on astral travel.

Thanks in Advance.

Ok, I'm new to this website. I have seen it before and read a few astral travel and Lucid dreaming threads.

First off, I am interested in astral travel. I have been trying to successfully leave the body, however, I only ever get to the stage where the vibrations kick in. I can never manage to actually leave the body. I'd like to hear other people's successful techniques and stories of astral travel.

Secondly, I'd like to know if, during astral projection, it's possible to go into someone else's body?

If it is possible and if anyone has ever managed this, please, I would love to hear the stories of your experiences.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and your advice on astral travel.

Thanks in Advance.

I've done it before, by accident.

Astral travel is not something you can learn by reading, its something you must discover for yourself.

When I first left my body I was playing hide and seek with my brother, this is quite a few years ago mind you.

I sat on the ground in the lotus position, and basically exhaled slowly and in one fluid movement I projected myself ahead of my body. In that state I was essentially a ghost.

When my brother found my body he was freaking out because I was "dead" and I was watching the whole event from over his shoulder. I told my body to wake up and I was drawn back into my form. Its a disturbing experience when you completely release yourself, and not just imagine astral projection.

Astral travel is not real. There have been numerous scientific attempts to prove it's existence and all have failed. You'd think it'd be simple, right? Have the astral traveler project into a room that he has never physically entered before and have him identify a feature of that room that he otherwise couldn't possibly know. I myself have ran this experiment over the internet. I gave five people who claimed to posses astral abilities my home address, and asked them to read and relay to me the exact contents of a note I left in my living room. They all failed.

Anyone who claims to be able to do it is either delusional or lying. Do not waste your time with this. Learn a real skill instead that could actually benefit the world.

Edited by Xibalba

Astral travel is not real. There have been numerous scientific attempts to prove it's existence and all have failed. You'd think it'd be simple, right? Have the astral traveler project into a room that he has never physically entered before and have him identify a feature of that room that he otherwise couldn't possibly know. I myself have ran this experiment over the internet. I gave five people who claimed to posses astral abilities my home address, and asked them to read and relay to me the exact contents of a note I left in my living room. They all failed.

Anyone who claims to be able to do it is either delusional or lying. Do not waste your time with this. Learn a real skill instead that could actually benefit the world.

Yeah, really great experiment, Xibalba. You know nothing about the astral planes.

I know that astral projectors claim to be able to send their consciousness to any part of the world. I know that the very people I contacted made that very same claim. Therefore it should have been possible. You're right in that I don't know about the astral planes, but I do know how simple logic works.

Thanks in Advance.

youre not going to be able to, because we cant do it.

I've done it before, by accident.

Astral travel is not something you can learn by reading, its something you must discover for yourself.

When I first left my body I was playing hide and seek with my brother, this is quite a few years ago mind you.

I sat on the ground in the lotus position, and basically exhaled slowly and in one fluid movement I projected myself ahead of my body. In that state I was essentially a ghost.

When my brother found my body he was freaking out because I was "dead" and I was watching the whole event from over his shoulder. I told my body to wake up and I was drawn back into my form. Its a disturbing experience when you completely release yourself, and not just imagine astral projection.

how is that even possible?

it sounds as bad as "i talked to god once, but it was by accident, and i cant do it anymore"

Yeah, really great experiment, Xibalba. You know nothing about the astral planes.

no one knows anything about the astral plane. its all speculation, with nothing to back up any claim. its no different than when people talk about demons or gods.

I know that astral projectors claim to be able to send their consciousness to any part of the world. I know that the very people I contacted made that very same claim. Therefore it should have been possible. You're right in that I don't know about the astral planes, but I do know how simple logic works.

What logic? All you've done is stated that astral projection isn't "real" and alluded to "numerous scientific attempts", your notion of which is, presumably, challenging five self-proclaimed "astral projectors" on the internet to astrally locate and relay something written in your living room, and when they fail to do so, concluding that the entire phenomenon must be bunk. You're entitled to do so, but sound logic it is not.

Edited by ItsJustScience
  • Like 1

What logic? All you've done is stated that astral projection isn't "real" and alluded to "numerous scientific attempts", your notion of which is, presumably, challenging five self-proclaimed "astral projectors" on the internet to astrally locate and relay something written in your living room, and when they fail to do so, concluding that the entire phenomenon must be bunk. You're entitled to do so, but sound logic it is not.

i was hoping someone with a name as 'itsjustscience' wouldnt be disagreeing with this sound idea theyve come up with.

i was hoping someone with a name as 'itsjustscience' wouldnt be disagreeing with this sound idea theyve come up with.

I was hoping someone with a name like "Agent Mulder" would not be so quick to dismiss paranormal claims offhand.

• Like 1

Let's not worry about each others' names and focus on the topic itself.

I've read about "walk-ins" where spirits can possess the body of someone who is "out of it", astral traveling - not really a body switch though.

The entire phenomenon is essentially centered around the belief that one can leave one's body and send one's consciousness to a remote location and I objectively tested that very premise in a scientific manner. The very same method of asking a projector to identify a feature of an unknown location has been a consistent manner of testing the phenomenon. My 5 subjects are just another bunch of failures to add to the already huge list. How many times do I need to drop a bowling ball from a roof until I'll eventually realize that I cannot make it float? How can I conclude that astral projection is a realistic possibility when it has in every instance been proven to be false?

Still, if you're so determined to prove me wrong, by all means, I can leave a note out for you.

Edited by Xibalba

no one knows anything about the astral plane. its all speculation, with nothing to back up any claim. its no different than when people talk about demons or gods.

ahh sweatheart, no before you go on with this rant, i'll tell you its something you have to experience for yourself. The one time i did it was in my dream during a nap and I didn't even realize I was having an OBE but I walked up the steps and saw my parents doing things like watching tv and cooking then I went back downstairs and continued to sleep. and when I woke up and asked them what they were doing it was the same thing as I saw. No ones going to prove things to you, theres to many BS-ers on the internet. it is real though

• Like 1

Even if you accurately saw real-world activity that was corroborated, it indicates absolutely zero about any other plane of existence, only clairvoyance, that you perceived something from a distance.

• Like 1

As always, i can only speak to my own experiences with any certainty.

I agree with paranormalcy that astral travel is impossible to confirm. Thus it remains an unknown.

However obe, or projecting ones consciousness out of ones body in real time and space, is not only possible it is quite easily verifiable on an individual basis.

I have mentioned these before but a few of my experiencnes include

Obe -ing to a neighbouring house and watching/listening in to a girls pyjama party. Next da,y at school, i told the girls of my dream. Next thing i was up the front office and the police were called in. My observations, including conversations, were so accurate that the girls were sure i was physically observing them. Luckilly my parents were able to demonstrate i was home in my room and could not get out of the house without going past them.

Also as a child, i worked on controlled lucid dreaming. However, sometimes those dreams were later shown to be more obe than dream. For example, i began by flying around my house and later progressed to sitting on our 50 foot tv antenna observing the comings and goings of neighbouring houses.

I trained for a year to consciously project myself around the world. In that flight(during the 1950's) i saw things from a perspective impossible to me at the time. I flew through the dust of the serengetti plains, above herds of animals. I flew through the zambesi falls. I flew over a fishing fleet netting for pilchards off madagascar. I flew along the red cliffs of the nullabor coast and felt the uplift of the wind from the ocean support me as i skirted around gulls and other birds coming in to roost for the night.

Only years later did i see these sights in reality, When Tv became available they were identical to my dream. Perhaps mos t convincing, i flew over easter island and saw the statues lying on the ground or standing with their hats on the ground.

Two decades later when i saw a documentary on easter island i was disappointed to se the statues upright with the hats on their heads. Then the commentator explained that these had recently been restored and a t the time of my dream/obe they had indeed been just as i saw them.

Then there was the experiment with the yr 12 boys where i agreed to obe to their beach party, and report back to them on their activities.

I did so with alarming accuracy, given their state of inebriation and the contents of their converstaions. We each wrote down our recollections of that night. They were almost identical (although i think i had a better recollection/ recall than some of the students.)

Then there was the canadian exchange student. I dreamed i flew to her house in canada, observed specific details of her house and discovered a classic car under a tarpaulin in her barn. She freaked when i described all this to her. My details were precisely correct. No one in austrlaia knew of the car( graduation present from her father)

Finally there was my flight to a strange city. It was near a flat high altitude lake. It had an explorers park with plaques in a language i think was spanish. The shops had steles of mayan type heiroglyphs on their shopfronts. There was a lot of chaeaper almost slum housing on the outskirts and the city spread over a range in altitude. Investigating on the internet I narrowed it down to La paz When i investigated this city(and a lot of the sites were written in spanish) I found not only each of these things confirmed, but the photos were identical to wha t i had seen/experienced.

Now none of this is necessarily convincing to an outsider but each event was confirmable by me, and many were confirmed by independent participants. I absolutely know that it is possible, by accident and sometimes by design, to project ones consciousness all around the physical world in real time. It is possible to; observe, listen to, and record, real places people and events, in real time, while obe-ing.

I ahve never needed to travel physically, far from home, given this ability.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

As always, i can only speak to my own experiences with any certainty.

I agree with paranormalcy that astral travel is impossible to confirm. Thus it remains an unknown.

However obe, or projecting ones consciousness out of ones body in real time and space, is not only possible it is quite easily verifiable on an individual basis.

I have mentioned these before but a few of my experiencnes include

Obe -ing to a neighbouring house and watching/listening in to a girls pyjama party. Next da,y at school, i told the girls of my dream. Next thing i was up the front office and the police were called in. My observations, including conversations, were so accurate that the girls were sure i was physically observing them. Luckilly my parents were able to demonstrate i was home in my room and could not get out of the house without going past them.

Also as a child, i worked on controlled lucid dreaming. However, sometimes those dreams were later shown to be more obe than dream. For example, i began by flying around my house and later progressed to sitting on our 50 foot tv antenna observing the comings and goings of neighbouring houses.

I trained for a year to consciously project myself around the world. In that flight(during the 1950's) i saw things from a perspective impossible to me at the time. I flew through the dust of the serengetti plains, above herds of animals. I flew through the zambesi falls. I flew over a fishing fleet netting for pilchards off madagascar. I flew along the red cliffs of the nullabor coast and felt the uplift of the wind from the ocean support me as i skirted around gulls and other birds coming in to roost for the night.

Only years later did i see these sights in reality, When Tv became available they were identical to my dream. Perhaps mos t convincing, i flew over easter island and saw the statues lying on the ground or standing with their hats on the ground.

Two decades later when i saw a documentary on easter island i was disappointed to se the statues upright with the hats on their heads. Then the commentator explained that these had recently been restored and a t the time of my dream/obe they had indeed been just as i saw them.

Then there was the experiment with the yr 12 boys where i agreed to obe to their beach party, and report back to them on their activities.

I did so with alarming accuracy, given their state of inebriation and the contents of their converstaions. We each wrote down our recollections of that night. They were almost identical (although i think i had a better recollection/ recall than some of the students.)

Then there was the canadian exchange student. I dreamed i flew to her house in canada, observed specific details of her house and discovered a classic car under a tarpaulin in her barn. She freaked when i described all this to her. My details were precisely correct. No one in austrlaia knew of the car( graduation present from her father)

Finally there was my flight to a strange city. It was near a flat high altitude lake. It had an explorers park with plaques in a language i think was spanish. The shops had steles of mayan type heiroglyphs on their shopfronts. There was a lot of chaeaper almost slum housing on the outskirts and the city spread over a range in altitude. Investigating on the internet I narrowed it down to La paz When i investigated this city(and a lot of the sites were written in spanish) I found not only each of these things confirmed, but the photos were identical to wha t i had seen/experienced.

Now none of this is necessarily convincing to an outsider but each event was confirmable by me, and many were confirmed by independent participants. I absolutely know that it is possible, by accident and sometimes by design, to project ones consciousness all around the physical world in real time. It is possible to; observe, listen to, and record, real places people and events, in real time, while obe-ing.

I ahve never needed to travel physically, far from home, given this ability.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am really intrigued. Do you have any good tips to inducing OBEs? You seem to be really experienced.

I was hoping someone with a name like "Agent Mulder" would not be so quick to dismiss paranormal claims offhand.

fantastical claims with no backing evidence to support it in any way?

why are you surprised again?

ahh sweatheart, no before you go on with this rant, i'll tell you its something you have to experience for yourself. The one time i did it was in my dream during a nap and I didn't even realize I was having an OBE but I walked up the steps and saw my parents doing things like watching tv and cooking then I went back downstairs and continued to sleep. and when I woke up and asked them what they were doing it was the same thing as I saw. No ones going to prove things to you, theres to many BS-ers on the internet. it is real though

ummm, no. this rant of yours isnt as meaningful or insightful as you hoped.

you just had a dream. what is your point? you may have even sleep walked, and remembered images of them doing that.

or, you just heard them doing those things and its incorporated into your dream. that happens all the time. nothing weird there.

ummm, no. this rant of yours isnt as meaningful or insightful as you hoped.

you just had a dream. what is your point? you may have even sleep walked, and remembered images of them doing that.

or, you just heard them doing those things and its incorporated into your dream. that happens all the time. nothing weird there.

hahaha whats even more funny to me is that your arguments don't just represent the same thing, they're WORSE

try to tell someone what they're experience was? ahhhh the laughs I get. this is why I come here, sorry man, your wrong!

but no! I have an idea! again try to persuade me how i'm wrong about what I experienced? lol not such a great idea when you think about it

hahaha whats even more funny to me is that your arguments don't just represent the same thing, they're WORSE

try to tell someone what they're experience was? ahhhh the laughs I get. this is why I come here, sorry man, your wrong!

but no! I have an idea! again try to persuade me how i'm wrong about what I experienced? lol not such a great idea when you think about it

wait, lemme get this straight. im wrong, because i gave a logical answer, of something that happened, when you were dreaming, that you claim was real...

id like you to sit and think about that for a while. let me know with what you come up with.

in hopes you dont sound like this anymore in front of everyone

wait, lemme get this straight. im wrong, because i gave a logical answer, of something that happened, when you were dreaming, that you claim was real...

id like you to sit and think about that for a while. let me know with what you come up with.

in hopes you dont sound like this anymore in front of everyone

:tu: I'm gonna stop wasting my time with you, I'm not going to get anywhere if I don't

:tu: I'm gonna stop wasting my time with you, I'm not going to get anywhere if I don't

of course youre not going to get anywhere. your claim is "i was dreaming, and i dreampt it was real"

wow...

i dont blame you for backing down and running for the hills after being asked about a statement like that.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

of course youre not going to get anywhere. your claim is "i was dreaming, and i dreampt it was real"

wow...

i dont blame you for running for the hills after being asked about a statement like that.

So by telling me this, then your saying if I kept up and wouldn't stop telling you that I had an experience you would eventually believe me? surely you must! because the only other thing I can do is tell you why I thought it was real, and I have done that, and your accusing me of running away from you when the only other option I have is to continue doing.... what exactly? if I don't "Run for the Hills" what do you expect me to do now? I expect an answer from you since your the one making acusations, so whats left for me to do?

So by telling me this, then your saying if I kept up and wouldn't stop telling you that I had an experience you would eventually believe me? surely you must! because the only other thing I can do is tell you why I thought it was real, and I have done that, and your accusing me of running away from you when the only other option I have is to continue doing.... what exactly? if I don't "Run for the Hills" what do you expect me to do now? I expect an answer from you since your the one making acusations, so whats left for me to do?

Oh, wow. look who came back. weird.

and your piece of logic that you pulled from a sun dont shine area, is quite faulty, as it isnt even coherent, and nor does it address anything i just said.

the other option would be defending your position with evidence for it (of which there is none, unless you saved the big guns for later), or accepting that you may very well be wrong about your dream. Yes. your Dream.

people come along and offer logical explanations, and you tell them "nope. youre wrong, you cant tell someone what they experienced (even though you can), and that what i dreampt was real".

cant stress that part enough. it was a dream. and i gave very ressonable and logical explanations for what happened to you.