Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resident Evil

BurnSide

Okay, so without being bigheaded, or just a plain old geek, i do consider myself one of Resident Evils TOP fans. I own so many copies of ALL the games it's astounding. I can quote any line from the terrible scripts, i can play them through blindfolded.

i'm just posting this here because i wanted to know if anyone else on the site was a RE fan, and if so, what are your favourite bits from the franchise? Are you looking forward to the new upcoming movie AND game? Need some help? look no further!! cool.gif

"You want STARS?

I'll give you STARS!!"

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Shakezulah

• Neo2005

• ChrisC098

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

res evil is a great series.

my personal favorites are 2-3, although dead aim wasnt too bad.

but the movies have to be my favorite of the series...can't wait for R.E.A.

DEAD AIM!?

Are you NUTS boy?

Let me tell you what i think about Dead Aim. I rushed out to get this, i really did. I thought it would be a masterpiece.

Unfortunately, i was wrong. The story was the worst gargled piece of garbage that didn't even make sense, let alone fit into the Resident Evil universe. The movement was crap, hell the GRPAHICS were crap!! I wa so dissapointed i wanted to cry let me tell ya. ALMOST as bad as RE: Survivor, the first first-person Res. game. God, SOOOOOOOO bad!!

My fav was actually the Remake of Resident Evil 1 on the Gamecube. Immaculate. The characters movement, the enemies, the shooting, the graphics, the creepyfactor, etc etc, immaculate. It's so damn realistic.

i said it's not too bad...not "it's ****ing great you shoud go but it!" damn calm down. i just meant it's fun to some extent. sheesh...i never played the remake (mainly 'cause i HATE nintendo). gramps...

Edited by janielsenj666

heheh. Just saying.

Anyway, trust me, the Remake on the Gamecube, and Resident Evil Zero also Gamecube, are by far the best ones. That's not including Resident Evil 4 which is hitting the Gamecube in the fall. That one is beyond words. You can't hate Nintendo games simply because it's Nintendo. Most games come out on all platforms. Some however, are just to good for Playstation, and come out on more advanced machines. Playstation 2 simply can't support the remake, Zero and RE 4, they're to advanced.

what the hell do you mean they are too advanced?!?!?!?!?!

playstation2's can handle anything and everything the crappy GC has/will realise...i mean the ps2 can even play DVD'S the GC can't even play music...GC's suck. end of story

hahaha.

That's just it mate. i HAVE a PS2, not a Gamecube.

The thing is, the reason why the Remake, Zero AND RE4 are coming out on the gamecube is simply because the PS2 can't handle the graphics and gameplay. It can't, and i will defend my beloved PS2 to the death. But Gamecube is simply better. PS2 CAN'T do anything, it's graphics are indeed quite poor compared to what the Gamecube can handle. Obviously you haven't seen the Remake or Zero etc because then you'll realise what i'm saying.

Back to Resident Evil.

I'm a little unsure about the next movie. Maily because it's set entirely on the game, Resident Evil 3, but in the game Jill and Carlos obviously never ran into Alice, yet in the movie they are constant comrades. :S

Of course it will be. I just hate inconsistencies and plot errors.

Can't WAIT to see the Nemesis tho!!

The thing is, the reason why the Remake, Zero AND RE4 are coming out on the gamecube is simply because the PS2 can't handle the graphics and gameplay. It can't, and i will defend my beloved PS2 to the death. But Gamecube is simply better. PS2 CAN'T do anything, it's graphics are indeed quite poor compared to what the Gamecube can handle. Obviously you haven't seen the Remake or Zero etc because then you'll realise what i'm saying.

huh.gif Strange, I could have sworn the remake and zero were GC only due to the fact that Nintendo bought an exclusive contract with Capcom for them. Ahh, and what about the GC versions of 2 and 3? Truely pioneering works of the consoles graphic abilities. grin2.gif

As for the movie, I was rather disappointed that it wasn't so much survival horror as sci-fi killer computer. sad.gif

..."Barry! Where's Barry?".. tongue.gif

Im a resident evil FAN!!!!! i cant wait till the next movie comes out

i stumble across to some site it say it should be out in around september.

i think its called resident evil acoplypse(spelling might be wrong) I think you can find the site by typing resident evil 2 movie or something i think thats what i typed. blink.gif

My one niggle with the otherwise wonderful Resi games has been the voice acting.

Yes, the scripts are pretty bloody poor, but the voice acting is sub-junior-school-nativity-play levels. I just cannot believe the game producers, after all that effort put into the games, allowed such atmosphere-ruining tripe to detract from their otherwise superb work.

Strange, I could have sworn the remake and zero were GC only due to the fact that Nintendo bought an exclusive contract with Capcom for them. Ahh, and what about the GC versions of 2 and 3? Truely pioneering works of the consoles graphic abilities.

No, GC did not buy an exclusive contract with Capcom.

Only last month a Resident Evil game was released on PS2, 'OUTBREAK'.

Outbreak was, once again, poor and shabby compared to the GameCube versions.

2, 3 and Code Veronica weren't remakes on the GC, simply conversions from Console to console. Shame, althought the graphics on all of those games are truly top notch for their time, it would have been dazzling to see remakes of those too with the GC's full capacity.

As for the movie, I was rather disappointed that it wasn't so much survival horror as sci-fi killer computer.

Yes, that was my main beef with the movie too. Although the feeling of stillness and camera angles were captured nicely, it left almost a bitter taste in the mouth, although it was nice to see familiar locations. But it could have been called something completely different to Resident Evil, and no one would have probably got the link! The original, George 'DOTD' Romeo script was better. It actually followed the first game, but only included Zombies, no monsters, and a poor storyline which completely deviated from the 'evil corportation' story RE fans love.

I was miffed there was no hunters, only one crappy looking LICKER that mutated. Bah.

..."Barry! Where's Barry?"..

Truely Resident Evil's shining moment!

My one niggle with the otherwise wonderful Resi games has been the voice acting.

Yeah Cufflink, hahah. It's a shame that RE began to get a trademark for horrible voice acting. Thankfully, the Remake and Zero on GC put and end to the silly arms failing and gut-renching voices that sound like they came from a Grade 10 radio show.

Im a resident evil FAN!!!!! i cant wait till the next movie comes out

i stumble across to some site it say it should be out in around september.

i think its called resident evil acoplypse(spelling might be wrong) I think you can find the site by typing resident evil 2 movie or something i think thats what i typed.

The official site is www.re2.com. It's really cool and interactive. Yup, the movie is called Resident Evil APOCALYPSE, but it was originally going to be called NEMESIS since it is actually based entirely on the game Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. However they scraped the name when Star Trek beat them to it, haha.

September 10th. thumbsup.gif

Of course it will be. I just hate inconsistencies and plot errors.

Can't WAIT to see the Nemesis tho!!

the only thing i'm fearing about the nemisis is the idea that they might use cheesy CG for it...and that would suck!

..."Barry! Where's Barry?".. tongue.gif

wait dont ...open ... that ...door tongue.giftongue.gif ha

the only thing i'm fearing about the nemisis is the idea that they might use cheesy CG for it...and that would suck!

It's not. I've seen the face model cast. It's a body suit with nearly all robotic features.

[censored] scary!!

Edited by Mentalcase

It's not. I've seen the face model cast. It's a body suit with nearly all robotic features.

[censored] scary!!

good who needs crappy CG when you got those awsome bodycasts!(like the warewolves on Underworld.) BTW i don't think your supposed to say ****...

Edited by Mentalcase

hahah, what, offended by naughty words??