Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resident Evil

BurnSide

I saw Degeneration a few days ago, and it wasn't half bad. The middle was kind of dull, but there was great action in the first and last 30 or so minutes. The animation was poor at times, not that it was that great to begin with, but it hardly makes the film unwatchable. I like how it ties into the story of RE5, too. There were several great references to RE2. Ah....that really brought back some great memories. Overall, it wasn't as good as I was hoping for, but it's definately a fun time and worth seeing if you're a fan of the games.

On a side note, I ended up going through the trouble of making a Japanese Live account and downloading the RE5 demo. Little did I know that the demo was semi-recently made region-protected, therefore not allowing me to play it on my 360. I just don't see why they don't release it in America already. From what I've heard, the demo is in English, too. Doesn't make much sense. Japan only gets the game a week before North America. But whatever...I guess I can keep waiting.

You should check it out on blue ray. Animation was great. But that is blue ray. Man I loved how its eye moved. And Tricel is the bad guys in number 5. It is in the preview clip on the blue ray edition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Shakezulah

• Neo2005

• ChrisC098

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The RE5 demo is officially hitting North American shores this Tuesday. Can't wait!

My bad, it actually came out earlier today. I played it a little while ago. It's definately fun. Again, like RE4, it's great as a stand-alone title, but not so good as a Resident Evil game. Partner AI for Sheva isn't the best, but works. There are a lot more enemies on screen at once and the fighting can get pretty intense. The controls aren't nearly as bad as everyone's been saying. Most of the people complaining are the douches that want to shoot while moving and have it be like another generic 3rd person shooter (although it's not too far off from that anyway). Probably my biggest complaint is how toned down the blood and gore is....seriously...it's weak. Enemies don't bleed nearly as much when you shoot them, and the headshots don't feel nearly as satisfying as they did in RE4. And then of course there's getting beheaded with the chainsaw...the friggin' camera censores it! When you or Sheva die from the chainsaw zombie, it cuts to them getting ripped into with the chainsaw and blood spurting out of the wound. Then their body falls to the ground, but camera leaves out the head, indicating that you have just been beheaded, but not actually showing it. What the hell is this crap? And no, it's not just the demo version, the full game will feature this as well. I really hope they don't completely remove all the unique deaths. RE4 had some nasty gore and death scenes, and to stop here would just be a really lame and stupid decision on Capcom's part.

My bad, it actually came out earlier today. I played it a little while ago. It's definately fun. Again, like RE4, it's great as a stand-alone title, but not so good as a Resident Evil game. Partner AI for Sheva isn't the best, but works. There are a lot more enemies on screen at once and the fighting can get pretty intense. The controls aren't nearly as bad as everyone's been saying. Most of the people complaining are the douches that want to shoot while moving and have it be like another generic 3rd person shooter (although it's not too far off from that anyway). Probably my biggest complaint is how toned down the blood and gore is....seriously...it's weak. Enemies don't bleed nearly as much when you shoot them, and the headshots don't feel nearly as satisfying as they did in RE4. And then of course there's getting beheaded with the chainsaw...the friggin' camera censores it! When you or Sheva die from the chainsaw zombie, it cuts to them getting ripped into with the chainsaw and blood spurting out of the wound. Then their body falls to the ground, but camera leaves out the head, indicating that you have just been beheaded, but not actually showing it. What the hell is this crap? And no, it's not just the demo version, the full game will feature this as well. I really hope they don't completely remove all the unique deaths. RE4 had some nasty gore and death scenes, and to stop here would just be a really lame and stupid decision on Capcom's part.

Remember though that is just the demo. It doesn't have the final code and they still have a month to work out the bugs in the game. Plus there will be patches and probally a gore option in the menu.

Owe I remember when I was first decapitated by a chainsaw and my head went flying off. I was like holy crap did that just happen. Then I watched it again and again. It was freaking awesome.

Well I didn't mention any glitches, because I couldn't really find any. And I highly doubt there will be a gore option in this game, as very few games even have them, and no RE game has ever had one. There probably would've been on in the demo if they intended on including it in the first place. They simply just toned down he gore level in the game.

Well I didn't mention any glitches, because I couldn't really find any. And I highly doubt there will be a gore option in this game, as very few games even have them, and no RE game has ever had one. There probably would've been on in the demo if they intended on including it in the first place. They simply just toned down he gore level in the game.

Actually Early RE games you could change the color of the blood.

• 2 weeks later...
hellz to the yes

How about "YOOOUUUUU LOOOOOOSSSSSSEEEEE." OR "Use this" Both good sayings. (RE I and 2 respectivly.)

• 4 weeks later...
Thank god this topic finally died :tu:

What do you mean? Res 5 comes out on march 13 th and I have a copy reserved oh ya LOL

On a forum dedicated to the paranormal and unexplained mysteries a thread about a video game gets the most action lol :P

This thread never dies!

Number 4 and 5 are the only good games out of the entire dreadfull seres bra

American Perspective: You are entitiled to your opinion under the first amendment and while I must humbly disagree I will stand by your right to say it.

FanBoy Perspective: Someone grab a rope!

JK.

I wouldnt be suprised if one of these kids did come after me with a rope kevin,One of these little freaks has "Resident evil isnt just a game its a religeon" in his signature.People like that need to make some friends in real life ad put down the controller.

Resident Evils Zero,Nemesis and 4 are my favorites,hands down. I own Code Veronica,4,Outbreak and Outbreak:File 2 for the Playstation 2. Personally, I find that Outbreak is truly a challange whilst Outbreak:File 2 was nothing more than a waste of plastic. Why? Because all File 2 was was a multi-player,expanded edition of file 1 that really didn't add too much to the story...nothing like paying for the same game twice...

Number 4 and 5 are the only good games out of the entire dreadfull seres bra

Not even close.

I wouldnt be suprised if one of these kids did come after me with a rope kevin,One of these little freaks has "Resident evil isnt just a game its a religeon" in his signature.People like that need to make some friends in real life ad put down the controller.

Listen here, douchebag. Perhaps you need to do something a little more productive besides pointlessly bringing back a topic about a game you don't even like. You're the only one here posting garbage that not only wastes your most-likely worthless time, but the time of people that come here to read up on a game they actually like, and yet you still have the balls to insult me for absolutely no reason. What's more, is that it's over something I've had in my signature since for years that is hardly meant to be taken seriously. I'm sorry that's so hard for you to comprehend. Your horrible and laughably-mainstream taste in games does nothing to justify your complaints anyway. Using Xplay, one of the least credible review sources in gaming, in your defense certainly doesn't help, either. Get over yourself.

Back on topic.

I'm really looking forward to picking up RE5 tomorrow morning. I've read up on it enough to know what I'm going into. I'm still probably overhyping it. I know it probably won't be the best in the series, but it seems awesome enough to be highly enjoyable. Honestly, I care more about the story than anything else.

Edited by Shakezulah

American Perspective: You are entitiled to your opinion under the first amendment and while I must humbly disagree I will stand by your right to say it.

FanBoy Perspective: Someone grab a rope!

JK.

Seems kevin in mature enough to dissagree like an average person shake,I'd prefer you did the same instead of covering your ears while screaming "I cant hear you,I cant hear you na na na na na naaaa".

LOL seems i know how to make the kiddies angry,So shake when your playing your rascist 3 star out of 5 game what will you be thinking?Geewiz i love me some resident evil,Time to kill stereotypical africans!Or maybe lulz liek kris redfeeld is liek so hot cnt wait to pwn.Seriously shake your allegedly 16 and your acting like i insulted your mother.I know you want to sit here in the one topic you feel sourounded by friends in and argue with me knowing other hot headed people who think like you will have your back.But after this post say whatever the hell you want because i seriously dont care about this sham of a series (aside from 4) like you do.

Kay,Thanx,Bye :lol:

Kiddie? I'm pretty sure I'm older than your are. In fact, I find it quite sad that our age is (apparently) only a matter of months apart considering that you act like bratty 12 year-old with no respect for anyone with an opinion differing from yours, and that you're so attention-starved that you need to troll in old topics about something you don't like in the first place just to p*** people off. What do you get out of that? My response had almost nothing to do with the fact that you don't like the games, it has to do with the completely immature way you go about stating that, and that you went out of your way to make an unprovoked personal attack against me (and that nice little comment you left on my profile which was, again, totally unprovoked). Seriously, what the hell difference does it make in your life what I do with my time? I hardly ever even post here anymore. Your attempts at trying to insult me by making fun of the games I play based purely on illinformed opinions (you're really going with the racism thing, eh?) is absolutely pathetic, when you quite obviously don't know a damned thing about me. I don't need other people to back me up. You're making yourself look like a fool all by yourself. Grow up.

Edited by Shakezulah

(looks up from tv screen with blood shot eyes) What someone say something...No then I am going back to Resident Evil 5. JK. I got the collectors. I haven't played it yet. Was playing shin megami tensia Devil Summoner. Not enough time to fully get into RE. Got it late last night during midnight release.

Seems kevin in mature enough to dissagree like an average person shake,I'd prefer you did the same instead of covering your ears while screaming "I cant hear you,I cant hear you na na na na na naaaa".

LOL seems i know how to make the kiddies angry,So shake when your playing your rascist 3 star out of 5 game what will you be thinking?Geewiz i love me some resident evil,Time to kill stereotypical africans!Or maybe lulz liek kris redfeeld is liek so hot cnt wait to pwn.Seriously shake your allegedly 16 and your acting like i insulted your mother.I know you want to sit here in the one topic you feel sourounded by friends in and argue with me knowing other hot headed people who think like you will have your back.But after this post say whatever the hell you want because i seriously dont care about this sham of a series (aside from 4) like you do.

Kay,Thanx,Bye :lol:

First let me say thanks.

I am a realist first and a fan boy second.

Second. Listen here. RE 5 is about some parasite probally an offshoot of Plagas (I haven't played yet. But did notice in the history in the back of the manual they had some facts off...Fanboy.) If all you can see is that their africans your problem but note that is not what they intended. Africa is the setting cause it is the origins of mankind and thus should be the origins of the virus. Thankyou.

WOW! I haven't been on this forum for over a year and I remember reading through this topic when it was in the early stages. It just doesn't die!

DigitalDreamer trolling is not an acceptable practice on this website and will not be tolerated, neither will personal attacks or off-topic remarks. Let's just keep to the topic at hand, posting civil, mature and constructive remarks.

This topic just doesn't die...

• 6 months later...

My legacy lives on. Good job Shake. Best UM member ever.

Peace.

REmake still stands up REmarkably well considering it's seven years old now. Genuinely eerie game, great atmosphere and ties along with RE2 as the best of the series.