Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resident Evil

BurnSide

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Shakezulah

• Neo2005

• ChrisC098

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My legacy lives on. Good job Shake. Best UM member ever.

Peace.

Huh? Good job for what? I haven't done anything, haha.

Good to hear from you again, though. What is this...the third time you've come back from the dead? Let me know what's up if you get a chance.

Jusr another favorite ridiculous line from Resident Evil for page 681 (!!!) of this topic:

"Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

Lol, the master of unlocking. Barry...

Jusr another favorite ridiculous line from Resident Evil for page 681 (!!!) of this topic:

"Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

Lol, the master of unlocking. Barry...

Another great line is from RE5 just after you kill the first two lickers,

CHRIS: thank god there were only two of them

SHEVA: yeah, we wouldn't last in a fight with a whole horde!

Que the hordes of lickers.

resident evil is a awsom game!personely, i think 2 was the hardest until i play 5.hop to see a 6 in the futre

resident evil is a awsom game!personely, i think 2 was the hardest until i play 5.hop to see a 6 in the futre

I've only played 1-4 (and Code Veronica), but I always thought 2 was a cakewalk, as most of them are. Code Veronica is pretty tough, but nothing is tougher than Chris' scenario in Director's Cut Arrange Mode. Especially once the Hunters show up. :no:

RESI 3 was quite endless but the guns were quite powerful so you could kill things quicker!

Resi 4 was tricky in places because of the lack of ammo for certain guns

So, I kinna agree, resi 2 was the hardest,,,,,, Just!

Can't keep a BurnSide down I guess Shake. Lately through the magic of stumble i've been seeing the site a lot lately. I came on to get my old stories (I lost them a couple years ago in a HD crash. Can't believe I forgot I posted them here!)

So who's playing what? Anyone doing a bit of retro RE playing? People still battling their way through Slayers on RE5? I'm curious to see who has a PS3 too.

I'm devastated I sold my Wii a year ago. The new 'Chronicles' game looks WICKED.

So who's playing what? Anyone doing a bit of retro RE playing? People still battling their way through Slayers on RE5? I'm curious to see who has a PS3 too.

I haven't had much time for gaming over the past couple of years so it's been a long while since I've played any of the older games, but I did get a copy of RE5 for the PS3. I've been meaning to try and find a chance to complete it for a while, it doesn't look like it'll happen any time soon though. :blush:

How about you?

Obviously a giant mutant snake, dissolving into a pool of purple bubbling liquid does nothing to impress Barry...

:D Classic. That's what made me love this series so much.

How about you?

Still finishing doing EVERYTHING on RE5. I like the trophy system, it works well for 5. Once I get all trophies, i'll know I've done it all. Completed all chapters all ranks with all S. Just need to find a pesky treasure and spend a bunch of time playing online matches.

Still finishing doing EVERYTHING on RE5. I like the trophy system, it works well for 5. Once I get all trophies, i'll know I've done it all. Completed all chapters all ranks with all S. Just need to find a pesky treasure and spend a bunch of time playing online matches.

I see your gaming habits haven't changed. :lol:

I haven't really heard much about the download content for RE5, do you think it's worth checking out? Hopefully the online community isn't dying out already.

Edited by Raptor

I take it you know of the RE5 - Alternate Edition coming out next year?

Don't know much about it other than it's set in spencers mansion.

The online community is fine, there will always be players.. well kinda. To be honest, I find it boring. I imagine what most do is play it enough to get the trophies then never play again.

$5 gets you Versus mode. It's the same as mercenaries, except you're either against up to four opponents killing enemies for points, OR damaging each other for points.

I wouldn't say it's really worth it, unless you reaaally want to play multiplayer online.

I haven't played RE5 in awhile. I'm not really that interested in it anymore. The series has lost its magic as far as I'm concerned. I'm honestly more excited about the next RE movie than I am about the next game.

Versus mode looked like boring garbage from what I saw of it. I can't see the controls for this game translating into a competent online component. I wouldn't spend any extra money on something that was already on the game disc in the first place, anyway. I was kind of p***ed when I saw that Capcom was charging for that, regardless of my interest in the mode.

Shame you didn't get a 360 Burns. We could've kicked some *** online together, haha. I imagine I'll be picking myself up a PS3 next year since they're fairly affordable now, however.

Obviously a giant mutant snake, dissolving into a pool of purple bubbling liquid does nothing to impress Barry...

LOL. :rofl:

*Barry* - huh, look at that a giant snake dissolving into smoking blood. i'm here to talk to Jill though.

I take it you know of the RE5 - Alternate Edition coming out next year?

Don't know much about it other than it's set in spencers mansion.

News to me. :tu:

I wonder how they're going to fit the Spencer Mansion and the new format together? I don't imagine there'd be a lot of playing time involved in running around and screaming with an arsenal of weapons, kicking doors down and blowing up anything that gets in your way. You'd be in and out in a matter of minutes.

I wouldn't say it's really worth it, unless you reaaally want to play multiplayer online.

Versus mode looked like boring garbage from what I saw of it.

That's a shame; I've really enjoyed what I've played so far.

Don't let our opinion of it change yours.

Hrmm, that's first i've heard of 'alternate edition' RE5. I'll keep an eye on it.

I was wondering if you had a PS3 Shake. I really have to get my hands on a 360 one day soon though. I missed out on Left 4 Dead hardcore, no way i'm gonna miss L4D2.

L4D2 is going to be incredible. I do need to get myself a new 360 though. Mine's been busted since early August, and to keep it working, it's literally been on for a month straight, lol. Good thing they're pretty cheap these days.

I think a second hand Arcade at Microplay here goes for as little as 130-150.

If you're thinking about getting a 360 any time soon then definitely keep your eye out for deals. There's been a recent series of price cuts on all the major consoles and Microsoft's been offering rebates in addition to that, and with the holiday season coming up I'll be surprised if there isn't a tug of war between Microsoft and Sony.

I think Microsoft's Elite rebate ended a week or so ago.

I wouldn't bother getting an Arcade unless you already have a hard drive. You'll still end up spending about as much as an Elite costs anyway. If you can find a used Elite for 200, that would be a great deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have an external HD. It's only 20 gigs or so but enough for what I want the 360 for. L4D 1&2.

Hey so the new movie went into filming. Woo.. hoo? lol

I'm excited for it. I'm curious to see how Wentworth Miller will handle playing Chris. It's an interesting choice. Hopefully they make good use of the 3D, too.

Also, I'm downloading the L4D2 demo right now. I'm all giddy for it, haha.

Doesn't really matter what characters from the games they throw in their or how they're portrayed really. They were all turned from unique enough characters in the games into B-acting throwbacks in the movies. Not to mention they took the story so far in the other direction in the movies that any characters popping up is just to try and keep something connected to the roots.

And I freakin hate you.