Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
News-Bot

The Art Of Dowsing

3 posts in this topic

Posted By Saruman on Tuesday, November 26 2002

Subject: The Art Of Dowsing

Looking for a water or sewer line? Maybe a location for a well? How about a lost item, or maybe even a ghost?

You might try the ancient art of dowsing, used for centuries to find underground water veins - and according to some folks, useful for finding just about anything you might be looking for.

When the Roman Christians moved into northern Europe and the British Isles, they began a campaign to rid the natives of their pagan beliefs and practices. However, one practice allowed to continue was the art of dowsing for water. Even today, in many parts of rural Europe and America, dowsers are referred to as "water witches" because of the ancient connection of the craft to paganism.

Click Here To Read The Complete Article......

Well I've heard quite a lot about dowsing although have never really looked into it.

I have heard that people lost in the wilderness have been found due to the expert dowsing on a map of a 'dowser'. Not sure how it works though and not sure if I give a lot of credence to it, but it seems to work for some and good luck to the dowser.

Dowsing is still widely used amongst farmers for dropping bores and finding wells. In NewZealand at least :mrgreen: