Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Villagers worship rare turtle as God

UM-Bot

Hundreds of Hindu villagers in eastern India have been ordered to hand over a rare turtle to officials but have refused to do so on the grounds that they believe the turtle to be the incarnation of Hindu deity Lord Jagannath.

"Hundreds of poor Hindu villagers in eastern India have refused to hand over a rare turtle to authorities, saying it is an incarnation of God, officials said on Tuesday."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: STV

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abramelin

• AquaMerina

• Kugelblitz

• The Big Boss

They have the oldest continuess civilization on earth, and still they are nuts.

Wow. I want to say that they are silly for thinking this turtle is thier God, but to each thier own. Let them believe what they want to. But I do think it's funny ^.^

UPDATE!

It seems there is not one, but FOUR turtle gods in East India.

Here is an actual photo.

post-70810-125787691789_thumb.jpg

No wonder the officials want to get their hands on these rare and deadly specimens.

It is urgent they stop the worship of these turtles before all the pizza in India disappears forever and the cries of COWABUNGA! echo in the wind.

Wow, how silly. All the other religions are soooo much more reasonable given they are validated by the reliable duo of xenophobic tradition and unsubstantiated holy books written by unkown authors. I bet if one just gave a chance to let the turtle enter one's heart, he could change your life. I wonder if he had a virgin birth as well, or flew on a winged horse to heaven, or held up a magic sword to stop the earth's rotation (without killing everyone)? Now those are some reasonable ideas, not silly at all. No question about it, believing a turtle is god is sure silly!! But don't worry everyone, since they don't believe in the RIGHT religion (insert favored religion here) they are all going to hell!! Somebody hurry and send them some missionaries and destroy their culture!!

Not any more silly than any other religion when you think about it. :tu:

If a snake and a flaming bush can talk, why couldn't a turtle be god? :innocent:

Besides turtles are wins.