Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Occultism

Eyesees

Fascinating, Spock.

I don't recall of any lore in which witches were involved with vampires in any way, shape or form. Where did this witch/vampire idea come from I wonder.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kazahel

• 667-Neighbor of the Beast

• Agent. Mulder

• Stormcrow

I'm not familiar with witches turning into vampires or werewolves or whatever, that's a new one, and I think you're thinking of a pretty outmoded definition of "witch".

I dont think its a new one. I think there have been stories from the medieval days about witches using wolf skin belts inorder to shapeshift. I thought it was a common thing they thought. And I thought it was witches that did that sort of stuff?

Also here is a link which I thought explained it ok.. Link

Ways to Become a Werewolf: Note: These methods are not created by the author of this website nor are they endorsed by Zerotime Paranormal. These methods are listed as support for the myths and legends of werewolves. I already know that many of these methods do not work, but I will list them anyway because they are part of werewolf history. Do not email me if something on this page offends you personally, religiously, etc., because honestly - I do not care.

3. Use black magick or enter into a pact with the devil. Throughout the medieval ages it was believed that werewolves were people who used black magic or make a blood pact with Satan. It was believed that witches could transform themselves into animals in order to kill their enemies and drink their blood.

And vampires I think Ive read can shift into a wolf as well.. so if a witch can shift into a wolf then a witch being a vampire is not a far leap maybe.

Vampires and werewolves are somewhat similar. Vampires, in older pieces of mythology and folklore, were thought to be able to transform into a wolf or a bat[citation needed], thus giving the vampire bat its name[dubious – discuss]. Most shapeshifters change into an animal, they were believed to only be able to change into an animal, or person that they had seen.

Wiki

Edited by Kazahel

No, they can't. I promise. Vampires can't turn into anything, and nothing can turn into a vampire. A vampire is a vampire, and it's quite that simple.

Edited by Ebonykrow

If I deny, I am a witch. If I confess, I am a witch.

Well, this is quite the pickle you have created.

Not at all. We'll just bless that lake over there and throw you in. If you're not a witch then you'll drown like the pure soul you are. However if you just slide across the surface of the water then that means you're a witch...in which case please report back so we can burn you alive.

And vampires can turn into bats and clouds of smoke. These are FACTS! Just ask Abbott and Costello.

Not at all. We'll just bless that lake over there and throw you in. If you're not a witch then you'll drown like the pure soul you are. However if you just slide across the surface of the water then that means you're a witch...in which case please report back so we can burn you alive.

What if I just hold my breath until everyone leaves?

And vampires can turn into bats and clouds of smoke. These are FACTS! Just ask Abbott and Costello.

Holy crap, you're right. I totally forgot.

Edited by Ebonykrow

Do you believe in Vampires? I haven's seen yet but their counterparts had seen already. Because the difference that I only know between their counterparts is that vampires can survive cetennial. They say they can do many wonders that are uncovered. I've met a lot of fake witches and pretend that they can really do such wicca stuff yet I asked them if they can transform into vampires or in any form of creature even an ant! Since they have their magics inside.

no. they are not real. vampires exist in folklore, thats it.

none of these people can transform either. i havent heard about witches doing it before. but they cant.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

In what regions of the world do witches turn into vampires?

Well, in my area of the world people want to know when the deer turn into elk...so maybe it's around here someplace? Probably Boulder. Boulder is a strange place.

I KNOW ABOUT VAMPIRES

throughout lurking worlds comes witches and ghouls and all kinds of scary ****

i know things i am from future and half vampire

i know things

You related to Sweetpumper? He is a Scientologist Vampire. :D

Fascinating, Spock.

I don't recall of any lore in which witches were involved with vampires in any way, shape or form. Where did this witch/vampire idea come from I wonder.

:P Well, you are obviously NOT reading the correct slash stuff.

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs

I've met a lot of fake witches and pretend that they can really do such wicca stuff yet I asked them if they can transform into vampires or in any form of creature even an ant! Since they have their magics inside.

Yes I know the type.

Well going from the history with witches and werewolves at least, it seems the witch can at least shift into a wolf or a cat. Cats are the other things the witch apparently used as a familiar. Which is why they have that superstition if you kill the familiar the witch is using you will kill the witch at the same time. So they did believe that the witch could shapeshift, it was a common belief and its an old one.

So yeah witches can shapeshift apparently if they are skilled enough.

Supernatural vampires are not real. Know how I know that? Because they've supposedly been around for hundreds of years and there's been NO documented instance of having ever caught one or of anyone truthfully seeing one. The notion that this race of creatures that feed on humans can exist for so long among humans is absurd.

Yes I know the type.

Well going from the history with witches and werewolves at least, it seems the witch can at least shift into a wolf or a cat. Cats are the other things the witch apparently used as a familiar. Which is why they have that superstition if you kill the familiar the witch is using you will kill the witch at the same time. So they did believe that the witch could shapeshift, it was a common belief and its an old one.

So yeah witches can shapeshift apparently if they are skilled enough.

in the world of fiction and ancient beliefs, yes.

in the world of fiction and ancient beliefs, yes.

I think those ancient beliefs are based on something which is where the more modern fiction came from.

So I think when we read stories of witches flying and shapeshifting I think its meant to mean that they do this in the dreaming world. I think its just that now days we think it means/meant real time and so we see its not possible. When really I think it was meant in a more astral travelling sense. So I think over time we have got them confused which is why we dont see it as possible. Thats how I kinda think about it anyway because I've shapeshifted heaps of times in lucid dreams so when I read about wolf skin belts for example I tend to think it was to help their minds grasp something inorder to shift. Kinda like a teaching tool so when you sleep you have it with you and a belief with it which will help shift you because of that.

I think those ancient beliefs are based on something which is where the more modern fiction came from.

So I think when we read stories of witches flying and shapeshifting I think its meant to mean that they do this in the dreaming world. I think its just that now days we think it means/meant real time and so we see its not possible. When really I think it was meant in a more astral travelling sense. So I think over time we have got them confused which is why we dont see it as possible. Thats how I kinda think about it anyway because I've shapeshifted heaps of times in lucid dreams so when I read about wolf skin belts for example I tend to think it was to help their minds grasp something inorder to shift. Kinda like a teaching tool so when you sleep you have it with you and a belief with it which will help shift you because of that.

common misconception.

not Everything has a touch of truth to its story/myth/legend.

but doing it in dreams means nothing though.

common misconception.

not Everything has a touch of truth to its story/myth/legend.

but doing it in dreams means nothing though.

We will have to agree to disagree. I think the old stories did come from somewhere and I'm guessing its from peoples dreams(their dreaming experiences/with a mix of chinese whispers). For example I've read witches would take a flying oinkment which some thought had a certain poison in it which actually makes you go to sleep and helps keep your awareness. So to me when I read about their flying oils its so that they can go into a more dreaming mind inorder to actually fly(astral travel). So they might use the oils and simply go to sleep and dream everything. So the stories of flying oils have a touch of truth as well(imo)but we generally dont see it as being possible because we actually dont fully understand it.

And doing it in dreams means you are shapeshifting in dreams. I dont understand how you can say that means nothing, usually the ones who say that kinda stuff are simply the ones who have never experienced it. I think they call it dream shifting and imo it is where shapeshifting(and flying)stories have come from. I think thats how some of the native americans shifted too.. they did it in dreams and found their animals through dreams as well.

So yeah imo shapeshifting was originally 'dreamshifting'. Its just now days we only seem to think of the hollywood style shifting.

Edited by Kazahel

well, you dont need sa hint or truth to base a story of myth off.

and with dreaming, just because your dreaming you do something doesnt mean youre actually doing something. thats why i beleive it doesnt mean anything.

just because your dreaming you do something doesnt mean youre actually doing something. thats why i beleive it doesnt mean anything.

I think dreams can be used to solve problems or to over come things that frighten you. Which means something. For example I was having dreams of being chased by a large wolf creature when I was about 17. It hunted me over about a year or so and I dreamt of it a few times over that time. I was always running through a forrest with it behind me. Eventually it killed everyone at a party and I woke up after it had taken a bite from my shoulder and was about to eat me. This annoyed me lots because I was learning to lucid dream and I didnt know that I was dreaming because I was running in fear.

So I said to myself that I would face the wolf next time I was dreaming and I set that as my goal to kill it. I made it a trigger so that I would know I was dreaming when I would see it next. And when I saw it next I went lucid and cut its head off with a katana and it never bothered me again. I've never dreamt of it since and after that dream I started to try to shift into the beast because I felt I had taken its skin. It basically gave me the idea to shift into it. And eventually I learned to run which shifted me into a full wolf form and not some standing beast thing. One day I was just running in a dream and I placed my hands down to help me run and I just shifted into a wolf. I had a tail and everything it was amazing. And after that I didnt run around doing beasty things as much because I rathered running around in the sunshine with a tail. :innocent:

So yeah they dont have to mean something to you but that doesnt mean they dont mean something. Shapeshifting can also simply mean fun. I mean the first time I even shapeshifted was after about my 7th lucid dream and all I did was jump into a small puddle of water to shift into a tiny tiny fish. I just dove into the ground and thought 'fish'. It wasnt hard and it was fun and meant I had turned into a fish. :)

Man what? :blink:

I assume this is still about normal or lucid dreaming and creative visualization right? So it's using the power of your imagination?

I do think things in dreams can sometimes be helpful in dealing with problems we deal with consciously, and an outlet for expression and mental expulsion of debris, and are a vitally important function of our brain and mind.

Man what? :blink:

I assume this is still about normal or lucid dreaming and creative visualization right? So it's using the power of your imagination?

Is that to me? If so I've been clear all along that I'm talking about dreaming and lucid dreaming. So it is using your imagination and faith in being able to do anything, thats really important. When I dove into the tiny puddle of a stream I had to have faith that I would shrink into a fish and so I managed to do it(I shrunk to about 2 inches long). Where if I had thought for a moment I couldnt do it I wouldnt of been able to. So the only way I know shapeshifting is possible is through dreaming which is where I think the stories about werewoves have come from. And once you have experienced actually doing it, youve experienced something you couldnt experience anywhere else. You get to feel what its like to be whatever it is that you shift to. Its very realistic and you can really understand more deeply what the animal is like.

You dont always have to shift into animals though.. Once I had a lucid dream I shifted into black smoke and just floated around laughing at the guy who was about to shoot me. And it was very realistic and it was weird because I didnt have a body and smoke was just everywhere so I couldnt see very good. lol. I didnt stay smokey for long because it was waking me up so I reformed. It was fun though and all I did was jump into the air with a spin and turned into smoke.

I do think things in dreams can sometimes be helpful in dealing with problems we deal with consciously, and an outlet for expression and mental expulsion of debris, and are a vitally important function of our brain and mind.

I originally wanted to mainly use lucid dreaming for learning guitar. I was practising many hours during the day and I figured I could do some weird practise at night in dreams. But in the end I ran instead and did shifty stuff.

As much as I'd love to believe Vampires and Werewolves (only the sexified Buffy and Twilight sorts of course) exist, I'm pretty sure they don't... not the bloodsucking type anyway. But I do believe some people can be described as 'Emotional Vampires'. You know the type of person I mean...they just seem to exhaust and drain you just being around them ... I think that's some kind of energy draining vamp quality... but i don't think they intend to do it, they're just negative people who seem to feed off your own angst etc...

Psychology rather than Paranormal :P

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/10/27/5-emotional-vampires-and-how-to-combat-them/

As much as I'd love to believe Vampires and Werewolves (only the sexified Buffy and Twilight sorts of course) exist, I'm pretty sure they don't... not the bloodsucking type anyway. But I do believe some people can be described as 'Emotional Vampires'. You know the type of person I mean...they just seem to exhaust and drain you just being around them ... I think that's some kind of energy draining vamp quality... but i don't think they intend to do it, they're just negative people who seem to feed off your own angst etc...

Psychology rather than Paranormal :P

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/10/27/5-emotional-vampires-and-how-to-combat-them/

"Emotional Vampires and How to Combat Them"

that just made me laugh.

but yes, you have wanna be vamps or emotional vamps, but nothign along the lines of the new age ones in the last few decades or the original zombie type from way back.

No. The only vampires there are are people who need severe mental consultation.

:lol::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Vampires are all about blood sucking, and becuase of they way they act sometimes, one might think that all vampires suck, realy, i think that vampires as a whole are a rare species. Muahahahaha....chuapa harcore!, but in they end, i think they only vampire per say, is Richerd Simmons...that s my view on the subject in hand :w00t:

Actually, vampires don't suck blood at all. They eat their victims.

OK, to sum things up:

1)Vampires do not exist. They are a folklore that was fabricated by our ancestors to explain things which they did not understand. Same with werewolves, witches, and such. If you think that there must be truth to these stories, just remember that the same people that made this stuff up also thought the earth was flat, and the universe revolved around the earth. There does not have to be a bit of truth in every story.

2)"emotional vampires" are not people who literally "feed" off of negative emotions. They are simply called "drama queens" in most places, and like to bring other people down to make them feel better about themselves. It has to do with low self esteem, not hunger. Their self esteem is so low, that to see others feel bad in any way, simply makes them feel better about their own situation. They do not feed on the bad emaotions, but rather enjoy the rush of making someone else feel bad about themselves somehow.

3)any person who feeds on another person is not a vampire, but rather a cannibal. A vampire, according to all legends, NEEDS to feed on human blood in order to survive, not to mention is supposed to be dead. People who CHOOSE to eat another human, or drink their blood are simply cannibals, not vampires.

4)Shapeshifting is impossible, not matter what the creature is. It is a scientific, biological, physical impossibility. Simple physics and biology will tell you that.

5)As far as Richard Simmons goes, I do not think it is blood that he chooses to suck.

6)Winter in Kentucky is a bad time to throw someone onto a lake to see if they stay on the surface or drowned, because most likely, the lake is frozen over, and they will most certainly slide across the surface!! Might as well see if she weighs the same as a duck!!!

Edited by 667-Neighbor of the Beast

What a wonderful post! Loving every bit of it. Though, I do need to make a correction:

6)Winter in Kentucky is a bad time to throw someone onto a lake to see if they stay on the surface or drowned, because most likely....

...there won't be any ice, and they'll plunge to the icy abyss OR be swallowed by a giant catfish.

What a wonderful post! Loving every bit of it. Though, I do need to make a correction:

I'll make another.. or I'll add to the summary if thats ok..

Shapeshifting is possible just not how most tend to assume.. and I think the same could be said in regards to vampires, werewolves and witches. So the stories of witches flying naked at night for example I think is more to do with astral travelling and dreaming.

So I think people think these things or people arnt 'real' because they only see them in a certain way. I see it as an error in perception.