Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

unpopular science

The Gryphon

When I was a kid I could hardly wait for Saturday morning to watch those cheesey shows like the Thunderbirds and Fireball. You guys probably don't even know what I'm talking about but they displayed future tech and such built around an implausible storyline. I also liked Popular Science and Mechanic's look into the future and seeing drawings of Mars highrises with men wearing Fedora's and pinstripe suits (Fedoras; that's a type of hat for you young guys and gals)

Anyway I found two sites that if anyhting are good for a laugh and at least a few, "They thought about that then?" type thoughts. Have Fun

http://www.davidszondy.com/future/futurepast.htm

http://www.retrofuture.com/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Gryphon

• aquatus1

• jeceris

• Catrat

Top Posters In This Topic

Just yesterday I saw a movie poster for "Thunderbirds!", with actual people rather than puppets, but with some of the same vehicles from the show. Brought back many memories.

I had heard a rumor about the movie, might be fun just for kicks.

Aaaaah I loved the Thunderbirds when I was a kid...still do in fact (heheh and i'm 16!)! Haven't seen them for ages though sad.gif

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!!!!! thumbsup.gif

I remember when I was a kid, Time-Life books came out with a series of books that showed what things were going to be like way in the future...

There would bethe futuristic flying cars of course. Everything in the home would be automated and voice controlled. Moving walkways would replace all of the sidewalks in the city...It goes on...

I used to read those books and dream about having a flying car. You know when the books said we would have all of those things? By the year 2000 thumbsup.gif

Sad but true 2000 was supposed to be flying cars and submarines, man must have faltereed somewhere. I did look up the new Thunderbirds movie and it looks like Johnathan Frakes (Cmdr Ryker) is directing it. Maybe someday we'll get back on the visionary trek.

Wow, those "Stories of the Stars" covers are unbelievable! I too used to get very excited watching "Space 1999" and thinking what life would be like only 20 years in the future crying.gif