Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 End of The World? *rolls eyes*

Phantomzangel

2012, end of the world. Oh for heavens sakes people! #!@#!@$@%$#!! How many times has it been predicted the world would end? I remember being a senior in High School and so many people were so certain about Y2K. I ignored it and enjoyed watching the premiere of the latest Backstreet Boys music video on MTV new years eve. Guess what happened when the clock struck midnight? It kept snowing outside and I fell asleep with "Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely" by the Backstreet Boys ringing in my head.

Seriously folks, I don't understand the fuss. Those prophecies are being taken way out of context. The world will change in some way shape or form, I'm sure, but its not the end of the world. From some of the research I've done, the Mayans just maxed out their calender to the end of some celestial cycle. Something to that affect. Its just an end of a cycle and the start of a new one. We just happen to be alive when its happening and its nothing thats going to wipe out most of the human race. Think about it, if something THAT massive was really going to happen, don't you think their would be a lot more fuss about it than there is now? It's funny to see Scientists talk casually on the History Channel about 2012. If they truly believed the world was going to end, I seriously doubt they would be wasting their time discussing it in an interview with the history channel. They would be finding ways to get OFF the planet. I know I would.

So, stop freaking out. The world is not ending. Changing? Most likely. Ending? Seriously, doubt it. No need to waste your time wondering if its true or not. Just live your life. Dont waste your time on something that is most likely not gonna happen. This is just another Y2K repeat.

On another note, I saw the movie 2012 and it was excellent. :-)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lucifer84

• Phantomzangel

• Arden

• Talonfire

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt very many rational folks believe that the world is going to end in 2012; there's nothing to back that claim up, and the only reason the Mayans didn't go past 2012 is because they were gone before they could. It's just going to be another year.

Agreed!!

But, the mayan shamans who know the calendar most of this is based on says the world probably wont end but WILL be different to how we know it.

So i think it will be interesting to see where the people of importance eg.. Royal families, presidents etc.. will be when this goes down, 21/12/2012??

But yeah i do think people jump on the band wagon abit too much with stuff like this. I like to find out facts so prophecies dont really do it for me :sleepy: (Though the Mayan's did know there ****)

I doubt very many rational folks believe that the world is going to end in 2012; there's nothing to back that claim up, and the only reason the Mayans didn't go past 2012 is because they were gone before they could. It's just going to be another year.

Good point!!

That's pretty much my thought as well. We as people have lived through so many dooms day prediction already, The Prophet Hen of Leeds 1806, The Millerites April 23, 1843, Mormon Armageddon 1891, Halley's Comet 1910, Pat Robertson 1982, Heaven's Gate 1997, Nostradamus August 1999, Y2K Jan. 1 2000, God's Church Ministry Fall 2008 and now 2012. You would think it'll get old after awhile right? Perhaps there will be change in the world but I honestly doubt it'll wipe out the existence of mankind and all living things on Earth. :blink:

There are way, WAY more of these threads than there are '2012 Doomsday' threads. What, every one of you whom makes one of these thinks you're the first person to realize this 2012 stuff is a little over the top?

If you're sick of it, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. The more YOU talk about it and think about it and post about it on websites, the more YOU are being part of the problem, regardless of what your thoughts on the subject are.

There are way, WAY more of these threads than there are '2012 Doomsday' threads. What, every one of you whom makes one of these thinks you're the first person to realize this 2012 stuff is a little over the top?

If you're sick of it, STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. The more YOU talk about it and think about it and post about it on websites, the more YOU are being part of the problem, regardless of what your thoughts on the subject are.

Seems like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Dude...chill. lol

why are people so willfully ignornant??? On every 2012 thread I post the same thing; no end of the world in 2012 none of the prophesies are predictions mention the actual end of the world, rather the end of the current age of the world in accordance with the Great Cycle. Even the word Apocalypse has been misunderstood and sensationalised (by our friend the media); it comes from a Greek word; Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation" ....not "soil your pants running from extra-amazing special effects while the annoying kid and the dog make it and everyone else dies."

A change people, not an end. 2012 is not the end of the world!!