Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

In review: What on Earth ?

UM-Bot

[cap=http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/images/newsitems/cropcircle1.jpg][/cap]Unexplained Mysteries: For years the crop circle phenomenon has both intrigued and baffled. Most people, whether they believe them to be clever hoaxes or something more will have both heard and formed an opinion on these peculiar though beautiful phenomena. In celebration of this mystery we're featuring a quick review of a new documentary being released on DVD this month, What on Earth? Inside the Crop Circle Mystery. The film is produced and directed by Suzanne Taylor who has followed the crop circle phenomenon for many years.

Unlike some other documentaries what this documentary does not do is latch on to one specific theory and then present it as the definitive one, what it does do is explore all the possibilities and present them in an unbiased manner. No stone is left unturned, the film accepts for instance that there are hoaxers out there and even follows some of them as they go about the process of creating circles, no one explanation is put forward as the "correct" one and by the end its left up to the viewer to decide which make the most sense.

Throughout the film Taylor meets and speaks to a number of people including researchers and investigators as well as people who have had experiences with crop circles either when visiting them or when circles have appeared in their own fields. There is a lot of passion for the topic here, some have spent many years investigating the subject including Taylor herself and it shows, the interviews are fascinating to listen to and some of the stories are genuinely perplexing.

The film is presented very well with a large number of crop circles being shown throughout, the music fits very well and adds to the atmosphere of mystery and intrigue. By the end the film as a whole feels a bit like a spiritual experience, opening the mind to a plethora of metaphysical concepts and leaving even the most die-hard skeptic believing that there may just be something to the crop circle mystery after all.

More information about the film can be found at:

http://www.cropcirclemovie.com/

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlienDan

• UM-Bot

• markdohle

• THE MATRIX

The crop circle phenomenon intrigued me for years, I believe MOST where unexplainable, I learned a lot about what other people have researched. Then I started making them myself and I now know 99% of Crop circles are man made, no question about it.

I have yet to see a crop circle now that makes me wonder if it's made by something otherwise. Guarantee all the ones shown in that videos trailer where man made, so easy to tell when you know what to look for.

This video can explain a lot.

You know how there are people who are taggers and like to spray paints their signs on walls.

Wouldn't it be hilarious to find out years later that these crop circles are really the works of rebellious aliens and crop circles is their way of tagging. :lol:

I have no idea what crop circles are. Some seem to be to0 intricate to be done over a period of one night. However, they are beautiful works of art and from time to time I like to go on line and look at them.

peace

mark

• 2 months later...

do crop circles appear in flower/grass fields as well?

Almost never. Probably because no one will find them so thats why people don't bother.

do crop circles appear in flower/grass fields as well?

Yes they do, they have been seen in snow, sand, etc. What an amazing Mystery they are some are too awesome for humble humans too create i think. :alien:

• 1 year later...

Just watched this documentary, it's bull from a scientific point of view. The whole video is full of many claims with absolutely no evidence to back them up. They talk about something then go onto something else with out getting into much detail or providing any research. They mention crop circles being man made for like 5 minutes out of the whole hour and a half and then say the people where lying about making crop circles lol. Through out the whole movie they keep implying that it's aliens or "something greater" making them and that crop circles are messages or leading us up to something.

I believe in aliens and UFOs, 2012 and great events coming up, and consciousness phenomenon, but crop circles are proved man made.

Edited by AlienDan

Just watched this documentary, it's bull from a scientific point of view. The whole video is full of many claims with absolutely no evidence to back them up. They talk about something then go onto something else with out getting into much detail or providing any research. They mention crop circles being man made for like 5 minutes out of the whole hour and a half and then say the people where lying about making crop circles lol. Through out the whole movie they keep implying that it's aliens or "something greater" making them and that crop circles are messages or leading us up to something.

I believe in aliens and UFOs, 2012 and great events coming up, and consciousness phenomenon, but crop circles are proved man made.

Proven man made ? Given that they reduce crop yield, it seems quite likely someone would have got their **** peppered with buckshot, or worse, by an angry farmer, midway through making a crop circle. But no. Are there any partly finished ones where the maker got spooked by an investigating farmer ? Not that I heard of. Of course there are hoaxers, but to say this phenomenon is the all the work of frauds, I don't buy.