Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A party with all the UM members.

Hazzard

Im not going to get upset, Im not going to pull the E-handle ! Im not going to "PANIC"

As I walk the lower decks Looking for for Bee Im getting the feeling that something is a bit off here on Sweetie?

At last count we had the correct lift off weight,and Mid`s not gone Flat-Line drinking Badeskov`s special mixers and Tonics ,YET !

D,

We lifted off yesterday!

Remeber this place?

luna07_15_kepler_01.jpg

Yep...Kepler Crater, the place you attempted to make into a lake last time?!

:w00t:

We're passing over for a fond look at that place again. I figured since you seem to be sloshed, like so many others on board, you'd appreciate the memory, and could spend hours telling folks about trying to fill a crater with water on the Moon!

:P:sk

Could you, MID, while you are over there, get me one of those photos of the apollo hardweare the astronauts left on the moon? :)

Wow what a night ! And were in space again ! ANd I did Fill that small crater with water Its still there,you know NASA they dont want the public to know were ahead of the curve !

And Hazzard I will bet a B.B.Q feast that the pics of the Apollo 15 sight are actually the right stuff ! We did Go to the Moon and we did build a B.B.Q stand and fill a crater to Ski in !

So ! Anyone question our facts will just have to do the research on there own !

Dem-dare r-da-facts! :w00t:

post-68971-0-17093600-1318701391_thumb.j

Could you, MID, while you are over there, get me one of those photos of the apollo hardweare the astronauts left on the moon? :)

OK, Hazz. Stand by one, we're lookin out the flight deck windows:

tycho-crater-moon-shadows.jpg

Sally snapped this one last orbit while we flew over Taurus Littrow: Apollo 17's site

apollo-17-landing-site-comp.jpg

We love seeing the rover tracks ! I wonder if they will remember our tracks in the far future? :innocent:

17:20 PDT 10-15-11

On the flight deck:

SAL: MID, NASA Dryden is coming over for you, on the COMM...

DRYDEN: UM PARTY 2, Nasa Dryden.

MID: Hey, NASA, UM Party 2, what's up?

NASA: MID, per protocols established prior to flight, we've received Sally's solution to the TEI burn, and we're reporting we concur with it, looks great, recommend maneuvering to TIG attitude by 17:45, and we'll be seeing you guys tomorrow afternoon! Weather's looking pretty good, high scattered to broken, winds right down 22, no weather. We'll be expecting you at 373 decimal 15 after entry tomorrow, over.

MID: NASA Dryden, UM party two copies all, and we'll be with you tomorrow afternoon, out.

MID: And Sal, as usual, dead on, you can load attitude and maneuver when ready.

SAL: OK, Darling, 1740 for maneuver to pitch 101, roll minus 22, yaw, 23.

MID: OK...

...And everyone, you will notice shortly that our attitude is changing. We'll be pitching up and rolling so that we're in the same relative attitude that we arrived in. The Trans-earth burn is approximately 15 minutes away now. We'll be burning once again at 1 g, with the load on your feet, so once again, it'll be like being back home...no big crushing load.

SAL: Our burn will be only 4 minutes and 10 seconds long, and we'll be moving out at approximately 18,900 miles per hour when it's completed.

MID: Our arrival at Edwards is 24 hours away, around 18:00 tomorrow, and tonight, the final party commences when the engines cut down!

Edited by MID

1758:45

MID: OK folks, we're heading home in less than a minute. this'll be alot like coming out here was, normal gravity on your feet.

SAL: And a fairly short 2 minute 40 second burn. We're now 10 seconds away and the thrust will build gradually, now at 15%.....25%.......40%....five seconds to 1 g....3,2,1....full thrust, 1 gee.

BADE: We're on our way home folks, and watch out the windows...there's home coming up over the horizon on our last sunrise!

13274.jpg

12007.jpg

And as the Moon slowly fades away...

12013.jpg

We say, "LET'S PARTY"!!!!

:w00t:

What a day it's been. Thanks for the use of the holodeck. I had a great time. Going down to check out what D's been whipping up and then off to see my favorite bartender. Wonder if D found Bee yet. I'll keep my eyes opened.

Bee ! where are you Bee ? I better call for help on this recovery !

"D" to Mid come in Mon-Capatian !

Can you and SAL do a scan for Bee ? Over !

sorry sorry sorry...I'm back now, call off the search party!

I had an urgent message from King Fluffs valet that he was in a rage about missing the Moon trip.

So I went to pick him up on the SOFA. (a mistake, as it turned out)

While in Earth's Upper Atmosphere, there we were having a cocktail and bar-nibbles....

A piece of space debris came wizzing out of nowhere and knocked his crown off!!

Then a blast of solar wind caught in his red velvet cloak...like a sail on a yacht.

He is now orbiting the earth, cocktail in hand bellowing.."We are NOT amused"... :mellow:

Never mind...it just wasn't meant to be...and he's missed the trip.. :cry:

And as the Moon slowly fades away...

bye bye Moon... :st

and nice job Captain.... :tu:

Bade..I need a shot of your expensive scotch.... :yes:

Hi bee. D will be glad to see you're back. Maybe we can pick up King Fluffs on our way back into Earth orbit but I think his belongings are probably history. We'll just take him to see Bade. He'll be good as new in no time.

Hi bee. D will be glad to see you're back. Maybe we can pick up King Fluffs on our way back into Earth orbit but I think his belongings are probably history. We'll just take him to see Bade. He'll be good as new in no time.

and I'm glad to be back at the Moon Trip Party......to see D, you and all the crew....yay!

bolded...excellent suggestion susieice.... :D

Bee ! where are you Bee ? I better call for help on this recovery !

"D" to Mid come in Mon-Capatian !

Can you and SAL do a scan for Bee ? Over !

SAL: D, dearest; bee is aboard ship. I believe she's headed for the S.O.F.A. at the moment.

and I'm glad to be back at the Moon Trip Party......to see D, you and all the crew....yay!

bolded...excellent suggestion susieice.... :D

And for your information, bee...Earth orbit will not be accomplished today. We'll be swinging one half way around the Earth, on our way to entry, and that's going to happen about 5 hours from now (It's currently 1210 PDT).

We're about 70000 miles out right now...and starting to speed up a little bit!

:tu:

And for your information, bee...Earth orbit will not be accomplished today. We'll be swinging one half way around the Earth, on our way to entry, and that's going to happen about 5 hours from now (It's currently 1210 PDT).

We're about 70000 miles out right now...and starting to speed up a little bit!

aye aye Cap

MID...those shots of the Apollo 17 landing site reminded me of when you

described the South Massif as a big blamange......and I lolled... :lol:

Aaaaanyway...we don't need to worry about picking King Fluffs up in Sweetie.

A satellite scooped him up and he's perched on top of it like a cowboy...yeee hah

Shouting " A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse".....

What is he like?...... :rolleyes:

15:37 PDT

Folks, we're comingn home!

23278.jpg

We're stopping our rotational movement, and assuming our entry attitude.

You'll note that we've been firing thrusters several times over the past few hours. This has been done to slow us and tweak our trajectory for a gentle entry.

We're predicting entry interface at 17:07 PDT

23419.jpg

23278.jpg

SAL: And everyone please assume you seats for entry and landing at this time! Entry inrrface is in a mere 15 mninutes. We think tyolu'll enjoy the light show outside, and you'll also not that the bottom window covers have bneeen retracted. They are a part of the heat shield, which we need for entry.

On the flight deck:

MID: G-SUP.

SAL: Engaged, standing by for the 0.5 g mark, and mark, 0.5 g.

MID:

OK folks, we've hit the atmosphere. You won't experience anything but a light show as were-enter. G-SUP is engaged and we'e'll not experience more than 1 g....

Entry interface is a mere 20 minutes away.

17:07 PDT:

And tghe 0.5 g light is on in the cockpit, folks.

Enjoy your drinks and the light show outside the shielded windows as we fly Sweetie in to the earth's atmosphere.

1737 PDTL:

NASA: UM Party two, NASA Dryden has you at three seven on radar, 237 miles west at 40 thousand.

MID: Dryden, UM Party two with you at 39,000, Mach 1.02, we have tacan.

APORT Approach: UM party two sport approach we have you on radar, you're cleared to 18,000, expect GPS to 22L.Winds 220 at 12 peaK 22, altimweter 29 decimal niner six clear skies.

MID: Dryden, UM Party 2 copies all, and we're taking tacan at this time.

DRYDEN: Party 2 we're ready for you, cleared to land 22 left.

MID: folks, we're criossing the California coast inbound at 27000 feet, and we'll be down in about ten minutes!

I've just decided that when I die I want to be reincarnated sometime in the future when people travel the galaxy as easily as our imaginations allow us in this thread.

Here's to the future! a035.gif

Now let's party! e055.gif

746px-Edwards_Air_Force_Base%2C_Calif%2C_main_base_area.jpg

22,000 feet, coming in over the field, wings extended at 300 knots!

TOWER: UM Party two heavy cleared to land 22 left, winds 240 aT 17, CLEAR SKIES, ALTIMETER 29.98

mid:

18:01 PDT:

SAL: 300 feet, full flpas.

BADE: 235 Knots.

MID: fULL, Flaring...and touchdown!

MID: Welcome home folks, we'll be taxining in on this fine afternoon to the OPS building, and we'll convene the landing party shortly after!

Edited by MID

I've just decided that when I die I want to be reincarnated sometime in the future when people travel the galaxy as easily as our imaginations allow us in this thread.

Home again and already looking forward to our next adventure in space.

All so true ! Lilly we are already there in a since,we have the ability to see far beyond our earthly bounds. In as simple a trip we weave to travel the stars of the Imagination,we do so by thinking that its possible. Then mankind has a funny way of making it so.

We may already be there in some wonderful way ,I think this way We all can think this way ! We all Love Mid and our trip`s of the Imagination`s !

Cheer`s All Now lets hit the Bar at the End of runway22 ! Im buying all week long until they run out ! :tu:

And I may add "What a Landing" you two really greased that baby onto the center line ! Wow !!!!!

post-68971-0-65059700-1318817651_thumb.j

Edited by DONTEATUS

Indeed, Lil!

:tsu:

All so true ! Lilly we are already there in a since,we have the ability to see far beyond our earthly bounds. In as simple a trip we weave to travel the stars of the Imagination,we do so by thinking that its possible. Then mankind has a funny way of making it so.

We may already be there in some wonderful way ,I think this way We all can think this way ! We all Love Mid and our trip`s of the Imagination`s !

Cheer`s All Now lets hit the Bar at the End of runway22 ! Im buying all week long until they run out ! :tu:

And I may add "What a Landing" you two really greased that baby onto the center line ! Wow !!!!!

Until they run out????

I didn't think that was possible!

Until they run out????

I didn't think that was possible!

You member ! Dont you member ? We were all there just two weeks ago and flat drank the place dry !

Now the question is Mon-Capatian ? We need to really plane a Hum-dinger of a trip ! The First two were da Bomb`s and Like the One of those really famous Astronauts said Almost 43 years ago !

"Thats one small step for man,One Giant Leap for Mankind" :tu:

post-68971-0-05335200-1318903895_thumb.j