Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need logics to discredit 2012 hype

JanJan

Can someone give me reasonings together with sources can be used to discredit 2012 ?

Im reading through posts myself but thought it would be wise to gather opinions like this.

Thanks everyone

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JanJan

• sepulchrave

• TheSearcher

• downwardspiralproductions

Can someone give me reasonings together with sources can be used to discredit 2012 ?

Im reading through posts myself but thought it would be wise to gather opinions like this.

Thanks everyone

every time people have thought the world was going to end it hasn't, for example in the 1980's a bunch of people thought jesus would return to earth and lead his followers away in rapture, so they sold all their earthly belongings and went out to stand on a hill to wait for jesus. jesus never came, and they were left standing on a hill, with nothing in the world, waiting for a god that never showed up. every mass suicide has been the same, a bunch of nutcases expecting the world to end, and it never does, plus there's another thread on here that mentions the myan calender not ending in 2012 but actually in 2220. I personaly know someone of myan descent who is very knowledgeable of his heritage. He does not think the world is going to end. and there is the fact that they made a movie about it, that alone should prove that it wont happen

Thanks everyone

Well I'm sure people who have been following this whole hooplah more closely will have a more detailed response, but in brief I think it goes something like this:

1. The Mayan `long count' calendar ends in 2012 because they ran out of room on their temple walls.
  2. Even if the Mayans DID predict bad things in 2012 (which they didn't), how come they could predict bad things 1500 years into the future but they couldn't foresee their own collapse in less than 100 years?
  3. No other ancient (and presumably, `wise'?) culture has said anything interesting about 2012.
  4. People have been predicting the end of the world for ages. It hasn't happened yet. Or even come close.
  5. All of the supposed astronomical reasons for doom and destruction in 2012 are completely without any basis.
  6. All of the supposed mystical reasons for doom and destruction in 2012 are just as fictitious as most mysticism (if not more so).

Some less scientific reasons why 2012 isn't anything to worry about

1. The LHC will start up before then anyway.
  2. The movie `2012' stars John Cusack.
  3. Obama won't be signed into his 2nd term until Jan. 2013.

Did I miss any?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/11/091106-2012-end-of-world-myths.html

I found that to be very informative (actually stole it from other thread :P ) but i need more opinions from fellow members.

And I dO need sources behind them

and, what did the media do to spread the fear ? (movies like Knowing, 2012, ....) any propaganda ?

Edited by JanJan

Sepulchrave has very well put. My personal logics where is the proof of solar planets and galactic alignment, and mathematical calculation of gravitational pull.

thanks all for all your input.

im currently looking for major people that supports the doomsday like John Major Jenkins, Nancy Lieder, Mark Hazlewood... besides them is there anyone or anything (government, movies,...) that also help spreading the fear ?

The simple answer is that nothing points to the end of the world in 2012 but myth and conjecture and the massive amount of disinformation. Nothing in main stream science and that does not meen a secret group of sientists but 99% can say the end will happen in 2012 none. Guess sure, the super volcanoe could blow in 2012 but again a guess. Nothing proves anything differnt in 2012 pose to 2025 or what have you.

The end of something happens in 2012 but that only if Sarah Palin runs and wins the presidency LOL