Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Time Travelling Humans / UFO Theory

Saru

One popular theory that has been suggested for explaining UFO's, is that UFO's are actually time travel capable craft from the future, controlled by human beings.

This is a very interesting idea, because as of yet we just don't know for sure one way or the other. It's obvious why humans would wish to travel back in time to view past events, although their choice of time period is questionnable. In addition however, they would undoubtedly have a policy in which they must not make contact with anyone in any way, in fear of altering history in some way.

But surely simply seeing the craft would indeed change history, because for one thing it's lead us to the time travelling humans theory.

We may conclude that this theory is correct in the not too far distant future, which would jeapordise future time travelling missions and may result in paradoxes.

The result of that..is at present incomprehendable.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Lori Cordini

• reese92

• Ozmeister

A flaw I see in this explanation is that if UFO's are craft piloted by human beings from the future, what would be the purpose? Being from the future, they already know what is going to happen in the past. What would bring them back? A time travel cruise company offering trips to people to experience something in the past first hand? An attempt to stop something from occurring to change the future? If that were the case, from all the reported UFO sightings, there must be a lot of things that need to be undone to make for a safe future. If a way to travel back in time has been found in the future, improbable as that seems, don't you think they would have found a way to make their craft invisible also? This would then keep your paradox from happening and allow the time travelers to safely do what ever it was they needed to do in our past. It seems to me that invisibility would be a much easier accomplishment scientifically than time travel.

Other popular theories include inter-dimensional visitors, or craft piloted by creatures from a hollow earth. While such ideas may seem intriguing at first, they fail to hold up under proper examination. Yes, there are mysterious objects being sighted, but whether we ever determine their exact origin (man-made, alien, unknown natural phenomena, or ?) remains to be seen. Hopefully it will be in our lifetime, but if history is any indication, it is highly doubtful.

Magikman

• 4 weeks later...

Well, me being a "dreamer" of sorts - I have come up with a theory for this.

That through evolution, in thousandsmillions of years we HAVE this time traveling method, and we have evolved to the point of looking like a different being, which isn't to farfetched in itself, although it is currently very hard to believe that we could evolve further without our current evolution phase being whiped out completely.

If our species was whiped out through some disaster, then our records would be whiped out as well (for the most part) .. that could explain why they would go back in time - to find out about us.

I would LOVE to go back and see the dinosaurs (even though i would probably get ate or something) because you see, we don't think that we could affect the dinosaurs due to their lower-intelligence

And if we can underestimate their intelligence - a species that would be smart enough to come up with time travel could easily underestimate our intelligence.

I hope that made sense, I always come here late at night when I'm half way thinking and half way asleep.

There is also the debate regarding whether time travel is actually possible at all. Some argue that we would have seen evidence of it by now, and others of course theorise that UFO's are that evidence.

One good theory I've heard about, is that Time Travel isn't physically possible in the sense that someone could get into a time machine and travel back in time. More likely, we will discover a way to look backwards in time rather than actually being there, without being able to interact or change anything. Since looking at a star that is 100 light years away gives the image of the star as it was 100 years ago, suggests that if you went far enough away from the earth, and managed to look at the light coming from it in close detail, you'd see into the past. To do that to any significant amount though, you'd need to exceed light to get ahead of the light that left the earth at the time you want to look at, as well as an indescribably powerful telescope or other device to look at the planet from such a distance. In this way you could "look" back in time, but you couldn't "travel" back in time.

• 3 months later...

Oh where to start, this topic just so happens to be something that I take very seriously.  I believe that atleast a percentage of UFO's that people encounter ( I must say on a very regular basis) ARE from the future.  Why? Well there just might be a very long list of possiblities, maybe our resources, is that really so hard to understand why? How about this one?  Maybe it is to ensure that certain things, people, and events happen just either like they are supposed too, or not supposed too.  And the explanation of the GREYS??  Well that too could just be US in say about 1000 years?  Think about it, we WOULD Need the extended fingers, Why would we even need hair??  So much to think about.  

I think that with humans as much as any creature, there is good and bad. I do believe that with the time travel ability there are probably certain limitations on what is supposed to happen, like staying away from contact with OUR current societies.  But, like today they and we continue to push the envelope.  Now is any of this really so hard to explain??

• 2 weeks later...

my first intention was to share a recent "remote viewing" experience of going back in time to 1929; but after reading the last post a thought occurred to me and I would love some feedback!!!

Have you noticed that the spaceships that are recorded as far back in time as earth's recorded history haven't changed much from the sightings of today????  Makes you wonder if the "ETs" are so advanced technologically that their craft hasn't changed in how many eons of earth history????

After all look in earth history how far the airplane has come in just 50 years!!!

Makes you think, does'nt it?  Perhaps EVERYTHING is in a time warp outside of earth...afterall the concept of time is relative to each 3-D planetary system.

;D

It's quite amazing how far we've come in such a short period of time. One hundred years ago we couldn't even fly. Seventy years later, and we're walking on the moon.

If we continue to advance as quickly as this, who knows what sort of technologies we will have in another one thousand years time !

One has to believe that this technology is coming from outside the evolutionary process of homo sapien!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

There is one theory regarding this, which involves our future selves sending technology back in time, to try and advance our race faster. Although it seems unlikely, there is no reason to completely rule out this incredible possibility. Is the technology we are using today truly our own ? Perhaps we are a civilization that is literally ahead of our time.

If thats the case (and who's to say it isnt?) Why?   If our future selves went back in time to advance our race faster, then we would be more advanced than they are when we finally reach that point in the future. Which would make sense if they faced annihalation from an even more advanced other world race. The movie "Terminator" had a story on the same theory. It would change the future far more than the present. Intersting...

That would be quite an incredible means with which to win a war against a hostile alien race in the future. If for some reason we were ever at war with a highly advanced race, and had no hope of survival, time travel could actually be used as a weapon. We could send technology back in time to advance our race, so that when the encounter with the hostile race occurs, we would have sufficient technology with which to survive against them.

A rather unlikely type of warfare, however one that would certainly make a good movie. ;D

• 3 years later...

Truth be told, the possibilities are endless. Any scenario maybe real and as likely as any other. Who knows.......only those actually involved in all this temporal hi-jinks. But some of those scenarios mentioned here would make great sci-fi movie potential........might pay to get in contact with Messrs Lucas and Spielberg grin2.gifgrin2.gif