Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Twilight

UltraThunderMan

Oh, Rice is a huge hypocrite. Doesn't surprise me in the least. Said she was going to quit writing about vamps because of her new religion, but last year in an interview with Time she said she was gonna again.

But I've never read Rice, just watched thirty minutes of Queen of the Damned and was like... ew.

Edited by Ebonykrow

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• Queen in the North

• Rosewin

• Drago

another topic about twilight ! yeaaahhhhh!

Yep yep, I wanted input from fans. But strangely there haven't been a very many.

I want total honesty here boys...if the tables were turned and it was about a normal guy who met said female vampire who was stunning, had it all as far as physicality goes anyway...the looks, the bod and to top it off she is rich and seriously only has eyes for you, and may turn you immortal...just curious, does that appeal to you?

To be total honest that would appeal to me very much. But when she:

- breaking into my house to watch me sleep

- follows me around

- won't let me see my friends

- makes decisions about my life against my wishes

- implies that she killed people in her 'experimental' phase

- states several times that she wants to kill me

That's when I'd say enough is enough. But then I'd likely not faint every week, would be able to think clearly when she's around, and wouldn't need to be carried everywhere.

Needless to say a health relationship is not based on one partner not killing the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSn5rs70Rc :)

Yep yep, I wanted input from fans. But strangely there haven't been a very many.

Not many will choose to enter such shark infested waters.

+ i have also added anne rice to my reading list

It's because there aren't that many here.

The last two I'm aware of made topics thinking they were vampires, and both had families that were oddly similar to the Cullens. You can imagine how long they lasted. Definitely not a good first impression on Twilight fans, that's for sure.

To be total honest that would appeal to me very much. But when she:

- breaking into my house to watch me sleep

- follows me around

- won't let me see my friends

- makes decisions about my life against my wishes

- implies that she killed people in her 'experimental' phase

- states several times that she wants to kill me

That's when I'd say enough is enough. But then I'd likely not faint every week, would be able to think clearly when she's around, and wouldn't need to be carried everywhere.

Needless to say a health relationship is not based on one partner not killing the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSn5rs70Rc :)

Ha Ha Ha! Nice answer corp, shows your a thinker, unfortunately the same can't be said for Bella, I think when S.M wrote the sexual fantasy story she forgot to give Bella a brain, (even the scarecrow who wants a brain in The wizard of Oz puts her to shame) but maybe S.M can't give much of what she don't have, and the link you gave (very funny) of coarse Edward can't read Bella's mind, there is nothing to read!

The last two I'm aware of made topics thinking they were vampires, and both had families that were oddly similar to the Cullens. You can imagine how long they lasted. Definitely not a good first impression on Twilight fans, that's for sure.

LOL

oh for the love of god please say you have a link to that!! :rofl:

How so? Awful typos, run-ons, dreadful repetition, with tons of purple prose to fill in all of the places that are missing action and genuine thought?

Exactly. Clumsy writing (a 12 year old could do better than this), ridiculous characters that only an American that's never visited Europe would find believable- I find it hard to believe that Brown ever left his native country- a preposterous plot and silly cliffhangers at the end of each chapter because it was the only way Brown could keep the attention of the dumbos that actually thought this was good literature.

Well, I hate to say it, but I didn't notice anything wrong with The Da Vinci Code's writing in comparison to Twilight's.

Ha Ha Ha! Nice answer corp, shows your a thinker, unfortunately the same can't be said for Bella, I think when S.M wrote the sexual fantasy story she forgot to give Bella a brain, (even the scarecrow who wants a brain in The wizard of Oz puts her to shame) but maybe S.M can't give much of what she don't have, and the link you gave (very funny) of coarse Edward can't read Bella's mind, there is nothing to read!

LOL

Not only does Bella have no brain, she is also completely with out personality, charm or pretty much any redeeming feature, she isn't even a remotely pleasant character, she is horrifically unlikable as a person.

Edward is not much better, he is also a very unpleasant, bland character. Even Robert Patterson can't stand Edward (or the "stories" for that matter).

Lust and infatuation are not romantic.

And importantly, it is nice when books have a plot, Twi**ite doesn't.

Not only does Bella have no brain, she is also completely with out personality, charm or pretty much any redeeming feature, she isn't even a remotely pleasant character, she is horrifically unlikable as a person.

Edward is not much better, he is also a very unpleasant, bland character. Even Robert Patterson can't stand Edward (or the "stories" for that matter).

:D

Bella is a horrible individual. Not a loyal friend. Lies to her parents. Not little white lies. Uses people in any way to get what SHE wants. Plays with the feelings of wolfboy to keep her entertained until Eddie-boo comes back.

Yeah, Pattinson was a bit freaked over the books. I have to find the link again (in another thread) but he says something about the story being about the author's fantasy man that she has actually fallen in love with. He said it's like ready a diary and that it was a bit unsettling.

I'd go a bit farther and say that it isn't just lust and infatuation, it's control and obsession. NOT romantic.

Twilight steals it's plots (horribly) from the classics and then beats and rapes them until they are barely recognizable. You can tell which classic SM is abusing by which book Bella is reading. Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, etc.

Nibs

Exactly.

Noone can tell me that Twilight is not about lust, the very reason Edward is attracted to Bella is her smell, if he's not lusting after her, he is definitely lusting after her blood. May not be the conventional type of lust but it is most certainly lust and not love.

Also, quote from New Moon (and I feel nausea creeping through me as I write this):

Bella: Which is tempting you more, my blood or my body?

If I recall correctly the answer is somewhere along the lines of 'it's a close call'....

Exactly.

Noone can tell me that Twilight is not about lust, the very reason Edward is attracted to Bella is her smell, if he's not lusting after her, he is definitely lusting after her blood. May not be the conventional type of lust but it is most certainly lust and not love.

Also, quote from New Moon (and I feel nausea creeping through me as I write this):

Bella: Which is tempting you more, my blood or my body?

If I recall correctly the answer is somewhere along the lines of 'it's a close call'....

LOL.

Heck, it's not lust, it's the freaking munchies.

Nibs

I'd go a bit farther and say that it isn't just lust and infatuation, it's control and obsession. NOT romantic.

I would definitely agree with that.

But then what do I know, Matt doesn't forbid me to see my friends, breaks my car to prevent me from going out or makes his sister babysit me to make extra sure I don't go anywhere he doesn't approve of, I guess I'm just not romantic enough to understand the attraction of a psychotic stalker- which I believe is the exact term Robert Pattinson actually uses to describe Edward with in another interview :lol:

I would definitely agree with that.

But then what do I know, Matt doesn't forbid me to see my friends, breaks my car to prevent me from going out or makes his sister babysit me to make extra sure I don't go anywhere he doesn't approve of, I guess I'm just not romantic enough to understand the attraction of a psychotic stalker- which I believe is the exact term Robert Pattinson actually uses to describe Edward with in another interview :lol:

:D Well, its because Matt isn't a werewolf or vampire. He's SHARKBOY!!!

My hubby doesn't do these things either. Maybe he doesn't REALLY love me and that 21 years of a happy equality filled marriage is all a lie!!!

Gah, I would have torn Eddie's head off right about the biology scene.

Nibs

Gah, I would have torn Eddie's head off right about the biology scene.

Nibs

And I would have cheered you on.

And I would have cheered you on.

Heck, then they could have used his sparkly noggin as the disco ball at prom.

Nibs

In full agreement, the other characters are bland too, kinda like pictures hanging on a wall that don't do anything...you just know they are there...

Nibs

*sigh* that is funny, I want to see that, but I'll have to be satisfied with imagining it in my head I guess...

Me? I would have fed him to the wolves...

Nibs

You can still hang him by his breeches.

Me? I would have fed him to the wolves...

They don't deserve that kind of punishment.

You can still hang him by his breeches.

They don't deserve that kind of punishment.

Not even the fluffy teddy bear werewolves in Twilight?

Not even the fluffy teddy bear werewolves in Twilight?

That'll do. ;D