Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A coming civil war in the US?

el midgetron

If and when a civil war happens, or (most likely) martial law is called, which side will the military and police be on. The people or the Government. I think the Government is betting the police and military will help bring down any uprising. Unfortunately, I think the Government would be correct.

How do we convince the military personal and the police that the Government is planning to take away our freedoms as well as theirs AND THEIR FAMILIES and are using them to carry out this plan? Without the military and police on their side, the Government wouldn't last a week.

Maybe they wouldn't use OUR military but perhaps China's military???

Edited by 284dan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KennyB

• WoIverine

• MID

• FurthurBB

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, alot of thought went into that.

And alot of Internet surfing of the nut-bomb sites, I imagine...

MID, It makes a lot more sense than your version of that phony moon walk. KennyB

Enlighten me. KennyB

You want me to enlighten you about cold war history?? That is something that is not my field of expertise and is readily available to everyone. I think you would do just as well on your own.

You want me to enlighten you about cold war history?? That is something that is not my field of expertise and is readily available to everyone. I think you would do just as well on your own.

BB, I know the 'official' version of the 'cold war' history, and, that as usual, it's a crock of BS. The cold war was only a mental war. At no time, was there any danger of it morphing into a real war. It was a conspiracy between the American leaders and Stalin to 'pretend' to almost be about to go to war so they could keep the wartime taxes and military expenditures high. Both militaries like to play 'war games' but not for real. KennyB

BB, I know the 'official' version of the 'cold war' history, and, that as usual, it's a crock of BS. The cold war was only a mental war. At no time, was there any danger of it morphing into a real war. It was a conspiracy between the American leaders and Stalin to 'pretend' to almost be about to go to war so they could keep the wartime taxes and military expenditures high. Both militaries like to play 'war games' but not for real. KennyB

You really do frighten me. I don't know if it's because you are ignorant of the events or if you are deluded somehow, but it really is frightening.

Haven't you heard of the Cuban missile crisis of October 1962? Do you not know how close the world came to a nuclear exchange? This is not bull - it was real. There are numerous first hand accounts of how close we came.

skipped a lot because of the off subject cold war crap.....

No way for any Civil War in my lifetime....This would take a lot of people , with a leader and well planned execution....There is nothing even close except a bunch of p***ed of people like me venting in forums and to each other at bars and work.....The ones making money now , are the ones who were making money 1,2,3,10 years ago...Everyone else suffers , and rides the waves , hopes for the best...The ones with money will allways be ok , and un-fortunatly , it will be this way a long time....

As long as you see movies here making the money they do , Wal Marts making the money they do , Hollywood , X-box's , MTV , etc....You will not be seeing a civil war.....

You really do frighten me. I don't know if it's because you are ignorant of the events or if you are deluded somehow, but it really is frightening.

Haven't you heard of the Cuban missile crisis of October 1962? Do you not know how close the world came to a nuclear exchange? This is not bull - it was real. There are numerous first hand accounts of how close we came.

Or how about when Reagan was shot, well within all of our lifetime, and they lost the nuclear codes and a submarine almost fired a nuclear weapon at Russia. Scary!

I can understand being leery of one country's official story, but, you can find the truth if you are willing to work for it. The internet provides very little truth because you can print anything at all and there is no one there to check its accuracy. Sensational books and television programs are written or produces for entertainment and profit, two places where truth is rarely found. Academic research in the archives of many different countries is the only way to find the truth about history and reading newspapers from all over the world is a good way to decipher the truth about current events. Though, you have to understand it is not a conspiracy. News in print and especially on TV is for profit and people love sensationalism. That is why you hear more about stranger abductions and murders even as the incidence of them declines. Every country is bias and uses the primary and secondary education systems to indoctrinate children to be patriotic. When I say bias, you must understand it is not more so than a person. Take a husband and wife for example. They get into an argument, she tells her mother one story, he tells his best friend another and the truth is always somewhere between the two. They are not lying, they are bias.

It does worry me that you seem to believe only conspiracies. The originators of these conspiracies are often unqualified to decipher the truth and are also as bias as anyone. Think about those who say the Holocaust was a myth. Some hate Jews and that automatically disqualifies them for finding the truth because hatred is an amazing blinder. Others are profacism which gives them an extreme bias. Some cannot even think about such a thing happening and feel safer to believe it didn't. Just some food for thought, do with it what you will.

Edited by FurthurBB

The US will collapse into civil war when it loses superpower status.

What will happen is that some states will try to rejoin Europe and apply to be members of the EU.

Ehh...I doubt it man, I'm placing bets on there being an "American Union" of the NA and SA continents. They've been planning/building a superhighway from SA through the states all the way into Canada for a while now.

Ehh...I doubt it man, I'm placing bets on there being an "American Union" of the NA and SA continents. They've been planning/building a superhighway from SA through the states all the way into Canada for a while now.

And this proves an "American Union" is being planned?

MID, It makes a lot more sense than your version of that phony moon walk. KennyB

I think Obviousman used the term "deluded".

It fits...

Why don't you go to an appropriate thread and attempt to challenge me on that subject, rather than dump these silly snippets, sans any substantiation, anywhere you can?

Edited by MID

To get back on topic, I think there's going to be some kind of conflict, whether it's an official 'civil war' or not. I think it will start in the big cities of the North and the West coast. I don't think the govt will start a military takeover of the country until they attempt to disarm the citizens. When they try to dis-arm the street gangs, they're going to run into fierce opposition. This will turn into general rioting, burning of the cities, race wars, in addition to fighting the military. In general, I think the whole country will be at war. You can call it a 'civil war' if you want to, but actually, it's more of a general uprising. KennyB

I think Obviousman used the term "deluded".

It fits...

Why don't you go to an appropriate thread and attempt to challenge me on that subject, rather than dump these silly snippets, sans any substantiation, anywhere you can?

It wouldn't do any good to debate you on the subject. You know the list of things that don't make sense as well as I do. I've seen them all 'de-bunked', but not dis-proved. You can't lie them out of existance. KennyB

To get back on topic, I think there's going to be some kind of conflict, whether it's an official 'civil war' or not. I think it will start in the big cities of the North and the West coast. I don't think the govt will start a military takeover of the country until they attempt to disarm the citizens. When they try to dis-arm the street gangs, they're going to run into fierce opposition. This will turn into general rioting, burning of the cities, race wars, in addition to fighting the military. In general, I think the whole country will be at war. You can call it a 'civil war' if you want to, but actually, it's more of a general uprising. KennyB

That's an interesting thought. Actually when you think about it they've already started a war on the street gangs. It makes sense that's where they would start. The street gangs would be the strongest people in a civil war or uprisng. :tu:

Obviousman, I typed you a long answer to your message. When I clicked on 'post', I lost my Internet connection. This has happened several times. I wonder if it's some kind of censorship. I'm not going to 'one finger' all that again. I will say this. You need to quit accepting the govt version of everything and the opinions of these plants on here and try to learn to think for yourself. You, me, everybody, is being brainwashed all the time by experts. They can cover the truth up but they can'e eliminate it. It's still there, you just have to be able to see it. If you want me to speak any more on the subject, I will, but only as a PM. I don't like de-railing the OT. KennyB

That's an interesting thought. Actually when you think about it they've already started a war on the street gangs. It makes sense that's where they would start. The street gangs would be the strongest people in a civil war or uprisng. :tu:

CB, They're also the only ones who don't worry about being sent to the penitentary or killed. If they get organised, they'd be a formidable force. KennyB

CB, They're also the only ones who don't worry about being sent to the penitentary or killed. If they get organised, they'd be a formidable force. KennyB

Mercs, military deserters, assassins, jihadists, vigilantes and militia > street gangs with no forms of military training, or equipment.

It wouldn't do any good to debate you on the subject.

Yes, I would tend to agree. There is no basis for debate. There is however, a basis for educating.

You know the list of things that don't make sense as well as I do.

I know the list of things that don't make sense to those who don't understand them.

I've seen them all 'de-bunked', but not dis-proved

There is not, nor has there ever been any reason to disprove any of them. On the contrary, the HB holds the obligation to prove his or her contentions. That being impossible, the necessity is revealed as being that of educating people so they may understand the science and technology behind the events, and thereby come to a grasp of what they're actually seeing, and thus may abandon their illusions for knowledge.

You can't lie them out of existance. KennyB

No...but again, there's no need to lie them out of existence either. The don't actually exist in the first place. You really attempt to do anything to support your dearest illusions, but it simply doesn't work.

Education is the key to understanding, not lying. We educate, and thus promote understanding.

You apparently don't want to be a part of that. Pity.

Mercs, military deserters, assassins, jihadists, vigilantes and militia > street gangs with no forms of military training, or equipment.

We'd have our own suicide bombers.

street gangs with no forms of military training, or equipment.

The biggest problem with street gangs in the U.S. right now is the military allowed convicted felons who are gang members to enlist rather than draft to cover their shortage. They are returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and passing on their training to other gang members. The gangs now "outgun" the cops. I've been hearing alot of New Jersey State Police and Bridgeton officers talking about it. It's not good.

Lapiche

Some of them have been in the Army and Marines, in combat. They teach the others. They've got automatic weapons and scoped hunting rifles. They'll be fighting on their own turf. The main thing is that they'll all fight, not crawl under the bed and hope it'll go away. At the time this is going down, the cities will be burning. There's thousands of them, and they're spoiling for a fight. Most of the fancy stuff the military has got won't be much good in the city. They might not can win, but they'll put up a hell of a fight. They'll probably get a good bit of help from the citizens, too. KennyB

Some of them have been in the Army and Marines, in combat. They teach the others. They've got automatic weapons and scoped hunting rifles. They'll be fighting on their own turf. The main thing is that they'll all fight, not crawl under the bed and hope it'll go away. At the time this is going down, the cities will be burning. There's thousands of them, and they're spoiling for a fight. Most of the fancy stuff the military has got won't be much good in the city. They might not can win, but they'll put up a hell of a fight. They'll probably get a good bit of help from the citizens, too. KennyB

You have no military background and you do not have a clue, do you?

lol no, most of the time a street gang can't even out fight a local police department.

Do you live in the city? Ever known any gang members? They are not going to fight, they are going to run. They don't care about you or the city.

'Fancy stuff' the military has?...is that the night vision, radar, and infa red? Weapons that are far superior then hunting rifles and handguns? Armor that cannot be easily penetrated by average civilian/gang weaponry? The Navy, the Airforce, Tanks and Humvees...compared to your Honda Civic? Highly trained and highly organized soldiers versus what...a bunch of out of shape unregimented gang members and deer hunters? Are you serious?

You seem to know very little of the military or gangs.

lol no, most of the time a street gang can't even out fight a local police department.

Do you live in the city? Ever known any gang members? They are not going to fight, they are going to run. They don't care about you or the city.

'Fancy stuff' the military has?...is that the night vision, radar, and infa red? Weapons that are far superior then hunting rifles and handguns? Armor that cannot be easily penetrated by average civilian/gang weaponry? The Navy, the Airforce, Tanks and Humvees...compared to your Honda Civic? Highly trained and highly organized soldiers versus what...a bunch of out of shape unregimented gang members and deer hunters? Are you serious?

You seem to know very little of the military or gangs.

Agreed. The only hope the American people might have against armed forces, is if there are members inside who have sympathy for the cause.

Then again, folks in Afgan seem to do pretty well resisting. Home feild advantage might come into play, at least alittle.

For myself, if something like that went down, Me and mine are heading into the deep woods. We'll wait it out, and live "on the fat of the land".

Oh for **** sake. Do you think the mainstream military of any nation will just blindly enslave the citizenry (communist countries stand fast)?

They won't.