Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A laser pointer-like red light

Fatal

On 12/14/2009 at 3:31 AM, Fatal said:

I think I've posted my story a while back. So I'm not going to post my whole story, I'm just going to post some things I've experienced and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

First off, the house was built in the very early 1900's, according to the owner. And it is built along the most historic street in our city. Well a few times, we'd see this red light, which looked similar to a laser pointer. It was first noticed on the living room wall. We noticed it here a couple different times. Then my brother and I noticed it one night, moving around on the top surface of the bed. And in both rooms, when noticed on the wall, it would stop above the doorway, then goes away. Keep in mind, the windows in both these rooms were always kept covered with blinds and curtains, mainly because it was a somewhat bad neighborhood and my mom didn't like the possibility of strangers peeking into our home. Not to mention, the living room window was right next to the next building, which was a huge brick building with no windows on that side. And we lived on the second floor, so if someone was outside with a laser pointer, it would be really tricky to get a laser pointer to shine on the surface of a bed, from a floor below the window, outside, with the window covered. And no, nobody else in the house was doing this. I just know. I've asked around on another website before and have only come into contact with one other person who has experienced something similar, with the same kind of red light.

Has anyone else experienced this before and is there a possible explanation for this?

I have experienced the same thing once it was in my brothers grandmothers house it was going back and forth I saw it and watched it go back and forth I asked my brother did he see it he said no. So this day Thursday March 19th 2020 I see the light again everyone was sleep so I got under the cover I won't tell my mom or no one they will think I'm a psycho. I just wanted to let you know I'm experiencing it and I really want to see why this is happening and what it mean and who is it. Your not alone. This is scary and unusual.  Please tell me if any have a clue or think may be happening.

Do you get along with you stepfather he could have been messing with you guys for a laugh. That was my experience, mine would move my toys around and poses them while I slept. He was sadistic 

• 4 weeks later...

Same happened to me this morning. That's why I googled it and ended up here. It was like 4 or 5 red laser dots. They disappeared as I walked over to see what was going on. I have A 8 foot wall that latterly covers my window. They appeared directly in front me about 24 feet away. I'm alone here. I have seen shadows here and also kitchen cabinets have opened by themselves. That I understand. Red laser lights is something I never experienced before till today. Does anyone know what that was? Please let me know. Thanks.

Well, until we get evidence, it's a cool story and you won't get any answers from your description - you've really not given us much useful info, and I have no idea what you mean by your 8ft wall that covers the window, what does that mean...?  What were the lights shining on?  How long for, did they move, what shape were they in, how come you don't recall if it was 4 or 5..., day/night, do you live in an apartment, are there neighboring houses/apts, are there curtains, closed/open, show us a pic of the room and where they were, etc. etc.

I think this thread is going for the record for seagull posters - but please prove me wrong.  However, given bored social isolators, schools closed, .. it's a perfect storm time for trolling or creepypasta... you've simply gotta accept that if you just bring sumpin like this, you aren't going to get useful answers unless you put in a bit more effort.  And frankly, until someone actually manages to film this, the default position applies... Pics or it never happened.

I call this discussion thread "the gift that keeps on giving". It's amazing.

Every year or a couple times a year someone sees the red laser lights and then searches the net to get some answers, find solace & reduce their anxiety of experiencing 1st hand supernatural phenomena.  The only information they find about unexplained red laser dots is this discussion thread . They describe their experience & then inadvertently we're collecting anecdotal evidence of this phenomenon.

Once they read that others have had similar experiences they find the solace & have their fears reduced.  

I first posted my experiences at least over a decade ago :D

Touch wood I haven't had another lately but still like reading I'm not alone in having experienced this.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled...was denying all sources of magic and keeping all the wonder of the world to himself. 

Any body (not govt bots) ever have the same dream as your partner .? (red spot related ipromise) waterfalls were like conduits for our persons.. it was like being trapped in water slide only to transfer to another part of the dream where the same escape scenario played out. Our daughter was 1 years old and sleeping between us at the time but for the first time literally ever ..she was No where to be found in my dreams . i woke up terrified and sobbing, low and behold a red light over my babys head and than gone  .

this was my second experience w it and because i was so tense in the moment i refused to believe it as anything but my mind playing games. The dream was heavy and within a second my daughters father gargled like choking on his tongue and shot up frantic and desperate for air..im sure it was nerves but he grabbed us so fast and just hugged. than as if he realized we were not safe he jumped up and turned on the lights and started putting his socks n shoes on. i was barely able to mention the fact that i seen a red light ...it was not a small Cat laser looking dot it was wider. Than he grabbed his knife from the closet and went outside to be sure nobody was messing w us. it wasnt even until he came back in the room and noticed i was uber shook too that we discussed the dream. from the same situations down to the locations in the dream they-no .. It was the same . just wondering if this has happened to anyone else red spot related.

When i was about 13-14 my sister and i were walking to our grandmas around 6-7pm through a very small empty (think knocked down liquor store) ..very open .. lot on a very busy intersection of san joses east side when we both seen the red light. it came towards us from above..hovered for a second or two then poof gone. we couldnt even process it, just froze and stared at eachother in disbelief than i said did you f*cn see it? she said yes and we booked it.

so, these last 3 nights in a row now, it starts sometime around midnight and sounds as if rocks are being dropped onto our roof. Before bed i saged the house and said a few blessings. we sleep at the end of a long hallway all the lights in our room were off. We unplug the wifi in the living room at night so we have no need for any technology powered on in the night.. we even keep our cells in the kitchen. Our room is the farthest down the hall than its my daughters room closest to us, then a guest bedroom further down the hall and then the kitch. bath 2 l.rooms. i mention this because there was only two lights on in the house last night . my daughters night light and the top stove light.. both extremely dim. Again at midnight on the dot this time the sound of something heavy hitting right on the top of the house. I went to check the house because there were loud scratches and loud thudding noises but we can Not pinpoint them . were guessing bats in the attic coons in the crawlspace. we checked today and unfortunately not a sign of wildlife although we did have a bat infestation in nov . 

so we hear the bangs, check around..when i was walking through the kitchen i had a terrible sense of dread that made my body hot and sick ( ihave recently miscarried so i thought nothing much of it, except, please dont die right now lady). I opened a water and nothing about myself felt right at all. i cant explain it...that sense of re-hydration i was hoping for the heavy feeling as if receiving a bear hug . i have been symptomless from the babyloss for almost a month now. feeling this way..i have suffered migraines while pregnant this was nothing like a headache.. more like the flu two nights in. you know sweaty cold and sore ..i was so sick. i started back towards my room and whilst crippling past my daughters room i seen a very heavy black shady mass move across her room with me. as if my shadow were just trailing. The stove light was on .. but very dim & she does have an echo dot light ..it was on a bit of a bright glow ..but i walked back and forth 10x and not once did this make a shadow at all. again, my psyche right? i lay in bed feeling feverish and confused for a good 5 minutes when i noticed the room was oddly pitch black in the left corner. it looked like dark smoke . i said to myself ..im sick..seeing things..and my boyfriend and i continued a sort of heavy weight convo that i kept trying to make light of. Also kept trying not to ask him if his shadows were dancing and after noticing i was fixating on this odd shadowy mass i just had to stop looking at it. i turned to my right and on a the wall in front of me i could see something moving. it looked like my kid was playing with me. i closed my eyes and remembered my sleep paralysis demon (yes i still have episodes) its the scariest ****ing thing i have grown to live with. i opened my eyes again and i just felt better..no sick .. like a phantom pain. gone. it was the strangest feeling of relief just ..calm..i wasnt asleep. .it couldnt get me .. it was just a mass moving on a wall . with these thoughts i watched it fade away behind the door completely . as i shut and opened the door repeatedly in disbelief of my crazy.. my boyfriend said put that ocd to bed and come here ..the second i relaxed on his chest there was a huge bright red light on my curtain right in front of us on the same wall the original spot of black mass i had seen, the one that made me turn around towards the door. i shot up so fast i couldnt speak and then it dissipated. 

This was when i decided to let my bf know how i felt what i seen and how even if it was a laser (fat chnce) the red light the size of a large orange was ****ing upsetting to say the least. My dumbass made a hybrid thunderbird-quetzalcoatl-alien joke when he cut me off jumping up just like i did saying tf did you see it ? he explained three red dotts in a line on top of the window frame . One dot about a foot above the window the second dot a bit to the right on the ceiling and the third dot was on the ceiling even further to the right specifically in the spot i seen the black mass. he asked if i wanted the light on i said please dont. we need the source of this. ill wait all night if needed..this was when i noticed the small light glow of the wall had come back. no darkness cast on this wall whatsoever. i could clearly make out the lining of my desk, laundry baskets and window not like i could before. All psychosamatic? all in my head ? say what you will about these incidents being perfectly explainable. Do what you can for those peoples whose probable medical issues seem to get in the way of your perfectly reasonable non paranormal experiences. I just dont understand the need to be so pushy it really makes you look like a used tool sucking up government orders for olive garden gift cards. Unexplainable things Do happen... but i am also a firm believer in debunking paranormal theories for sanity sake. My grandmothers house > a hot SPOT< id tell ya but thats a-whole-nother can of appiritional disturbances Constantly causing light turmoil in the home what w locking doors, over running water, shadows in broad daylight. my grandmother is 89 years old . she sees them and STILL tells her daughter (my nana who is 60) oh its the pipes nena its just the kids playing hide and seek ..i whispered to you . relajate (relax) . I Spent my whole life w this. i have learned the hard way the the difficulties of reliable assurance for the mysterious. The need for plausible explanation. Or suffer the punishment of overfilling the bathtub myself.  

i can see you " ghosts are fake cause i have not experienced these things" individuals and fear not ! They are with you too . No Doubt every human is susceptible to experiencing the paranormal. some more than others. others deny the exp even when they finally do have one. to eaches own research Off the Net..We search in hopes of others in the same field as us. Finding this website was a gift...other forums.. i just . no . i get it .. Bully ok. those of us that live the ****.. we are used to this. blame yeah fine. find any excuses to be right ..or just call out as liars. either way be You booboo.. but the attempt to Claim your opinion of 'paranormal is fake' as a Fact..just order that endless pasta to go man, the rest of the world is finally waking up .. you should too.   Anyone consider targeted persons of interest as a liable figurative for this recurring situation.? Like the ufo post but consider lockheed/martin hi tech aircraft as opposed to interplanetary beings? any who . ftpolicestate . ftvatican. and FTDemons Flat ironing peoples personal incidents because they refuse to see the world >without physical proof< for what it can be. My best friend likes to joke when i see shadows dancing until he seen them too. *dance squiggly eye guy dance*  

almost apologized for the novel.. but it was this or three separate experience posts and three separate 'we came here for guidance, support and answers' posts.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, rxq408 said:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled...was denying all sources of magic and keeping all the wonder of the world to himself

hocus pocus is a bogus focus,

Do we blame the devil that all we ever have are stories which are not evidence and never do we have proof of extraordinary claims only anecdote.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, the13bats said:

hocus pocus is a bogus focus,

Do we blame the devil that all we ever have are stories which are not evidence and never do we have proof of extraordinary claims only anecdote.

Oh.. I Like that . 

Focus on self thought is power in its own.  the devil part is only there for that Keyser Soze quote "greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist" .  I felt this through and through while scrolling this thread so it felt most appropriate.

The devil is an anecdote . . far back as history goes never do we have proof [evidence] of extra ordinary claims. we are not sending crusaders to force persons into our experiences . Things happen that are incomprehensible to some, so we reach out to find others hoping and wishing somebody has some sort of similar exp or plausible explanation.  For others, I feel like i should apologize. Those individuals lucky enough to not have stories ..which are Not evidence.. of their own because there are forces unseen working all around us.

2 hours ago, rxq408 said:

Things happen that are incomprehensible to some

But not incomprehensible to others better informed or with open minds or with an understanding of the human psyche...

2 hours ago, rxq408 said:

...because there are forces unseen working all around us.

Yes, like electromagnetism, and cultural memes, and hallucinations, and lucid/vivid dreams, and memories that turn into facts...

And when you add those up, it seems reasonable to ask, in an age where almost every tom, dora and mary has a smartphone, to ask for some evidence.

That could be imagery, or it could be a burn mark on the wall from the laser weapon... :) 

If, instead, it's just a tale from one person that they saw a little light, well forgive me for not being all that worried for their well-being, given that the incident affected nobody / nothing in any tangible way.....

If you wish to celebrate such events, then that's fine, but don't expect everyone to be impressed.

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 2:27 PM, ChrLzs said:

But not incomprehensible to others better informed or with open minds or with an understanding of the human psyche...

Yes, like electromagnetism, and cultural memes, and hallucinations, and lucid/vivid dreams, and memories that turn into facts...

And when you add those up, it seems reasonable to ask, in an age where almost every tom, dora and mary has a smartphone, to ask for some evidence.

That could be imagery, or it could be a burn mark on the wall from the laser weapon... :) 

If, instead, it's just a tale from one person that they saw a little light, well forgive me for not being all that worried for their well-being, given that the incident affected nobody / nothing in any tangible way.....

If you wish to celebrate such events, then that's fine, but don't expect everyone to be impressed.

impressed? im asking for informational help. PRETEND this happened to you , what would you do. 

8 minutes ago, rxq408 said:

impressed? im asking for informational help. PRETEND this happened to you , what would you do. 

Find the source.  It's not difficult.

And if I thought it was out of the ordinary, and wanted people to believe me, I'd record it on my camera, or even a crappy smartphone.  Granted, I know photography well, and others may not, but I've given plenty of hints above, and I'm happy to help anyone who is genuinely interested.  If it was a one off event and nothing was affected and no-one was hurt, what exactly is the problem?  Call it a spirit manifestation if you like, knock yourself out... but I think it was one of the MANY suggestions made above.

• Thanks 1

i did not write my personal **** down for jitters and squeals. i may have been mistaken by reading other posts and a s s uming my post would benefit in any way .. btu it was definitely worth the shot imo.

sorry for coming off so strongly towards the select few in this thread that truly believe people come here to get short stories going or what ever you may feel like our TrUe PuRp0Se is .. there is no thread like this..that we have found with others that have experienced like events. 

this update is for me. NOT IMPRESSIVE * SKEPTICS GO HEAD & SKIP i spent last midnight outside to triple check noises. bf was inside & still heard the rocks and bangs at 12:32 .. i seen nothing from outside and heard nothing until walking back inside about 1257 passing by babys room i heard tapping on the window . i was about 1 foot and a half from it . it was clear as day 3 small taps. . and again at 4am my bf grabbed me the second he heard the first tap but then two more followed on our window. the sensor above our window never even turned on...went out seen nothing. class a psycho here. calling therapist tomorrow. jk but yall do make people feel like that lawyer comment should be a real thing. i dont doubt some people maybe just like to write ****ty horror .. but come on. who tries this weak ass ****. please. honestly just hoped for some like experiences and how they got through. like i said.. i have found No thread like this.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, rxq408 said:

SKEPTICS GO HEAD & SKIP

Done!

Like I said, if anyone else is genuine about further suggestions on how to document events that happen, please post - I'm very polite to those sorta folks...

And that way we don't waste time on 'mysteries' that aren't.

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 3:15 PM, rxq408 said:

Oh.. I Like that . 

Focus on self thought is power in its own.  the devil part is only there for that Keyser Soze quote "greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist" .  I felt this through and through while scrolling this thread so it felt most appropriate.

The devil is an anecdote . . far back as history goes never do we have proof [evidence] of extra ordinary claims. we are not sending crusaders to force persons into our experiences . Things happen that are incomprehensible to some, so we reach out to find others hoping and wishing somebody has some sort of similar exp or plausible explanation.  For others, I feel like i should apologize. Those individuals lucky enough to not have stories ..which are Not evidence.. of their own because there are forces unseen working all around us.

Thanks i suppose,

My favorite blanket excuse used by dear true believers..."it doesnt work like that"

Have you had paranormal supernatural experences? Perhaps but i dont use stories as proof, If you came here expecting 100% dear true believers then you will be in for a let down,

If anyone makes claims of extraordinary experiences i ask for evidence, proof and i get lots of things but in 40 plus years no proof,

This thread was about laser pointer like light, a while back a guy posted pics of a laser pointer light ( you can hunt down the thread if you desire ) but made every reason why his light wasnt a mundain laser pointer,

I was bored, walked into my hall with a laser pointer from the dollar store and reporduced his pictures 99% cant be 100% as i wasnt at his location with his camera and his laser,

And ever thought my pics matched his a dear true believer basically said sure my pics are a laser but while his pics "look" the same as mine his are likely paramormal.

So some true believers are blind and a waste of my time.

I urge any one making claims especially claims of repeated experences to document it, no excuses, get pictures, videos. Sound recordings, something to present for evaluation, or just admit that your belief is all you need and ill respect that stories are all you have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2020 at 10:31 PM, the13bats said:

Thanks i suppose

sorry if i sounded condescending. i really came for like exp's . ****s wierd enough as it is for me i was just hoping i wasnt alone . i dont mind the skepticism its the picking on that gets me and the lawyer comment felt like a dig.  i mean the light was a one night thing. But we both have been getting odd tinitus . both in our left ear and THIS was just too much so now were are thinking it may be a electrical issue somehow cause we get very very high emf readings from this wall as well. Maybe botched  wiring or something. I just want to move.

Has anyone heard anything of targeted individuals ? Do they just come off as skitzo to you ? 

The only place ive found any info on these lights are sites that bring up pulse frequencys / dew satellites and this seems far fetched but more likely all these people coming to a mysterious mysteries site just to make up c*** n bull for the sake of wasting everyones time . I get people playing pranks too. i read this whole thread (9pgs) 3times over i dont need to fantasize a silly light for ..attn from skeptics to feel bullied ? lol . sorry again i do hope this helps the confusion of my past posts a bit . still hunting for answers ! if you come across these because you too have exp these lights..you found e few of us ! please drop your two cents for some of us its quite resourceful !

10 hours ago, rxq408 said:

sorry if i sounded condescending. i really came for like exp's . ****s wierd enough as it is for me i was just hoping i wasnt alone . i dont mind the skepticism its the picking on that gets me and the lawyer comment felt like a dig.  i mean the light was a one night thing. But we both have been getting odd tinitus . both in our left ear and THIS was just too much so now were are thinking it may be a electrical issue somehow cause we get very very high emf readings from this wall as well. Maybe botched  wiring or something. I just want to move. <Snip>

No worries, i dont get offended on here, and i hope i dont offend, not sure about the lawyer comment,

The simple fact is some true believers will get picked on and in some cases they ask for it, i will offer full respects to a person but when the table is turned and im the one "picked" on forget it, ill bite back,

You have to understand some people make up bs for attention. because of mental issues who knows. 

As far as light phenomenon goes there are lots of types, and i have prosiac scientific explanations or theories for all of them,  if a person wants to go down that road there is a wealth of science out there and on the other hand if a person is dead set that the experence they had can only be paranormal supernatural otherworldly there are also forums where like minded true believers embrace that explanation, As you see i haunt this forum.

i like cases that have more than one person sharing it, ringing in the ears can be caused by a lot of medical, natural reasons,  i have optical migrains that sure do appear otherworldly. But its not, its in my brain,

Good luck finding what you seek

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

My experience with seeing the Red Dot happened around the fall of 2010

To begin, not than I’m sure it may or may not have anything to do with, I was doing a lot of meditation at that time. I would sit straight in a chair and do a controlled breathing for thirty minutes. About maybe a month later of meditation I had my experience. 

I had got into bed to go to sleep. I remember the light in the room felt extra bright that night like a full moon. There was a unplugged light towards the end of my bed. I remember very briefly it coming on. It felt like energy just flew into it for it to briefly flash on. Then soon after I looked up and I noticed to the left of me in the top corner of my room, a red dot. It was'nt a sharpe circle... a little soft around the edges. I thought that it could be a laser? I looked to my two windows on right side but saw no glare. Also  at the time I was living in the country and we were far from neighbor’s. I was very terrified when I saw the light and decided to cover my head with a blanket to hide and fall asleep. 

About a week later I was again laying in bed but now the light was right in front of me! I was stunned but less frightened. I noticed if I would look directly at it it would fade. If I would look off to the side off it it would appear bolder. I played with my vision with it until it faded completely away. 

I have not meditated since then nor have had any other experiences. It’s hard to talk about for fear of looking bonkers!

29 minutes ago, HannahM said:

My experience with seeing the Red Dot happened around the fall of 2010

To begin, not than I’m sure it may or may not have anything to do with, I was doing a lot of meditation at that time. I would sit straight in a chair and do a controlled breathing for thirty minutes. About maybe a month later of meditation I had my experience. 

I had got into bed to go to sleep. I remember the light in the room felt extra bright that night like a full moon. There was a unplugged light towards the end of my bed. I remember very briefly it coming on. It felt like energy just flew into it for it to briefly flash on. Then soon after I looked up and I noticed to the left of me in the top corner of my room, a red dot. It was'nt a sharpe circle... a little soft around the edges. I thought that it could be a laser? I looked to my two windows on right side but saw no glare. Also  at the time I was living in the country and we were far from neighbor’s. I was very terrified when I saw the light and decided to cover my head with a blanket to hide and fall asleep. 

About a week later I was again laying in bed but now the light was right in front of me! I was stunned but less frightened. I noticed if I would look directly at it it would fade. If I would look off to the side off it it would appear bolder. I played with my vision with it until it faded completely away. 

An unplugged light came on!!!  Beyond you imagining it, I can't provide a normal possibility. Yes, the meditation could have attracted some entity with energy. If so the red dot could even be a temporary materialization of an entity (sometimes called an 'orb').

29 minutes ago, HannahM said:

It’s hard to talk about for fear of looking bonkers!

Don't let them scare you off. I just posted a video of possibly real pixies for crying out loud. They'll just assert with certainty you imagined or dreamt it.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HannahM said:

I played with my vision with it until it faded completely away. 

Sounds like you had something to do with it. 

In a dark environment, our brains can "see" lights that aren't there. A few blinks. A rub of the eyes. Purposely refocusing. Sometimes our eyes are tired and strained.

Sometimes when I close my eyes at night and try to go to sleep, I "see" a kaleidoscope-like pattern in all different colors. Sometimes blurry, sometimes crystal clear "pictures" will pop in and out of my "sight."

Here's a link if your interested :

https://patient.info/doctor/hypnagogic-hallucinations

"Visual hallucinations usually consist of simple forms such as coloured circles or parts of objects that may be constant or changing in size. A formed image of an animal or a person may appear and it is often in colour."

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I "see" a kaleidoscope-like pattern in all different colors

This one sounds like an 'optical migraine'  I get them about once every couple of months, and it's usually in broad daylight.  Weirdly beautiful, in my case painless, and generally they are not a problem.  This a fairly good example of what they look like - jagged oscillating rainbow crystals - although mine are usually less contrasty - kinda see-thru...

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

This one sounds like an 'optical migraine'  I get them about once every couple of months, and it's usually in broad daylight.  Weirdly beautiful, in my case painless, and generally they are not a problem.  This a fairly good example of what they look like - jagged oscillating rainbow crystals - although mine are usually less contrasty - kinda see-thru...

Hmmmmm... Interesting. Definitely never any pain associated with my "visions." 

I can't ever remember having them occur during the day though. Only in mostly darkness. It can happen with my eyes open or shut. That's why I keep putting vision and sight and see in quotations. I know I'm not seeing them with my eyes.

It's more like random shapes and oscillations my brain is making up to compensate for having no visual stimuli. Sometimes faces or animals or random objects. They are always fleeting. Constantly moving and changing. There's always a black background.

Then I fall asleep.

This is similar to a lot of them and quite possibly the inspiration lurking deep in my brain. Appropriate that it's an old school screen saver :

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2020 at 3:05 AM, onlookerofmayhem said:

Sounds like you had something to do with it. 

In a dark environment, our brains can "see" lights that aren't there. A few blinks. A rub of the eyes. Purposely refocusing. Sometimes our eyes are tired and strained.

Sometimes when I close my eyes at night and try to go to sleep, I "see" a kaleidoscope-like pattern in all different colors. Sometimes blurry, sometimes crystal clear "pictures" will pop in and out of my "sight."

Here's a link if your interested :

https://patient.info/doctor/hypnagogic-hallucinations

"Visual hallucinations usually consist of simple forms such as coloured circles or parts of objects that may be constant or changing in size. A formed image of an animal or a person may appear and it is often in colour."

Hello! Thank you for your reply of a possible theory of my experience. What you’re describing are called photopsias or phosphenes.  I’ve seen  this in the past when I was a child. However this experience was something l’ve never seen before. The light didn’t float about with my vision with both times seeing it. It stayed exactly in spot. Especially the first night seeing light. It was directly on the side of the corner of the room. No movement. No in and out fade. Physically placed.