Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A laser pointer-like red light

Fatal

I think I've posted my story a while back. So I'm not going to post my whole story, I'm just going to post some things I've experienced and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

First off, the house was built in the very early 1900's, according to the owner. And it is built along the most historic street in our city. Well a few times, we'd see this red light, which looked similar to a laser pointer. It was first noticed on the living room wall. We noticed it here a couple different times. Then my brother and I noticed it one night, moving around on the top surface of the bed. And in both rooms, when noticed on the wall, it would stop above the doorway, then goes away. Keep in mind, the windows in both these rooms were always kept covered with blinds and curtains, mainly because it was a somewhat bad neighborhood and my mom didn't like the possibility of strangers peeking into our home. Not to mention, the living room window was right next to the next building, which was a huge brick building with no windows on that side. And we lived on the second floor, so if someone was outside with a laser pointer, it would be really tricky to get a laser pointer to shine on the surface of a bed, from a floor below the window, outside, with the window covered. And no, nobody else in the house was doing this. I just know. I've asked around on another website before and have only come into contact with one other person who has experienced something similar, with the same kind of red light.

Has anyone else experienced this before and is there a possible explanation for this?

Edited by ~Shadow~
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

did the object have solid mass as it moved across the uneven surfaces, or did it bend and change size like a laser pointer would?

did the object have solid mass as it moved across the uneven surfaces, or did it bend and change size like a laser pointer would?

It bent like a laser pointer would, but it was basically impossible for it to be someone shining a laser pointer from outside.

• Like 1

You said we in your post. Can you totally rule out that whoever you were with couldn't be messing with you? If so, looks like they really got you good. If you had seen it sometimes when alone in the room, was the other person who had seen it with you in the house?

edit - Just read the last part of your post. How do you just know?

Edited by Jerry Only

You said we in your post. Can you totally rule out that whoever you were with couldn't be messing with you? If so, looks like they really got you good. If you had seen it sometimes when alone in the room, was the other person who had seen it with you in the house?

edit - Just read the last part of your post. How do you just know?

Well, the first time we saw it in the living room, me and my three brothers were present. But I could see in plain sight neither of them were doing it. The time my younger brother and I saw it in the bedroom, it was only us two and my mom and stepdad who were home. They were both asleep, plus it's definitely not like them to play pranks. But yeah, they were asleep. I know this because after we ran out (we ran out while the light was still "hanging" above the doorway), no one was outside of the room and they were still sound asleep in their room. And it wasn't my brother because obviously, I would have seen if he was doing it.

Well, the first time we saw it in the living room, me and my three brothers were present. But I could see in plain sight neither of them were doing it. The time my younger brother and I saw it in the bedroom, it was only us two and my mom and stepdad who were home. They were both asleep, plus it's definitely not like them to play pranks. But yeah, they were asleep. I know this because after we ran out (we ran out while the light was still "hanging" above the doorway), no one was outside of the room and they were still sound asleep in their room. And it wasn't my brother because obviously, I would have seen if he was doing it.

Well then that is 1 hell of a mystery. Sorry, I'm stumped. Interesting though.

I think I've posted my story a while back. So I'm not going to post my whole story, I'm just going to post some things I've experienced and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

First off, the house was built in the very early 1900's, according to the owner. And it is built along the most historic street in our city. Well a few times, we'd see this red light, which looked similar to a laser pointer. It was first noticed on the living room wall. We noticed it here a couple different times. Then my brother and I noticed it one night, moving around on the top surface of the bed. And in both rooms, when noticed on the wall, it would stop above the doorway, then goes away. Keep in mind, the windows in both these rooms were always kept covered with blinds and curtains, mainly because it was a somewhat bad neighborhood and my mom didn't like the possibility of strangers peeking into our home. Not to mention, the living room window was right next to the next building, which was a huge brick building with no windows on that side. And we lived on the second floor, so if someone was outside with a laser pointer, it would be really tricky to get a laser pointer to shine on the surface of a bed, from a floor below the window, outside, with the window covered. And no, nobody else in the house was doing this. I just know. I've asked around on another website before and have only come into contact with one other person who has experienced something similar, with the same kind of red light.

Has anyone else experienced this before and is there a possible explanation for this?

Reminds me of the old predator movie right before he would eat his prey. :) Don't worry I have experienced that as well, your safe. Laser means: Focused light. So whether green, red or blue just remember focused light. Focus on the good things.

• Like 1

i thort i seen a red light in my backgarden once bit bigger then size of lazer pointer but i was falling in and out of sleeps and i was watching t.v most of the night so ima put that one down to my eyes playing tricks on me

Weird. I was going to say I had something similar in my house, but it doesn't move and I only see it in the morning. I'm sure it's something mundane. I'll find out when I get around to it.

• 1 year later...

This actually has happened me before.. In my old house when I was younger me and a few of my friends had made an ouija board being the buttheads we were, nothing happened though got no response but from then on until i moved when ever I turned the light off in my room a red light like a laser would flash round my room.. There was nothing that it was reflecting off and it used to scare the crap out of me. Its also happened once in the dining room of my current house.

If it looks like a laser and moves like a laser....well you know the rest.

Hehehe... I'm with you on that one.

i would have have hit the floor if i saw that. not that there's any reason anyone would want to snipe me...

If it looks like a laser and moves like a laser....well you know the rest.

It's a duck?

A ghost of a duck?

A Ghost of a duck with a laser pointer?

:P

• Like 1

I have seen small lights of various colors flying about the house, but never just one. I usually see them only at night when the lights are out because, I assume, they're more visible. But my kids have seem them during the day, as well. We're pretty comfortable with them, as they seem more playful than anything else. My kids were in their late teens at the time. I did see a white glowing light once inching along the top of the door frame. It looked kind of like a worm. I asked a couple of women native to the island I was living on what it was and they looked at each other and laughed; they were surprised that a non-native person could see it. I was surprised there was something like that to see.

• 2 months later...

See the same thing in my house. By myself and with my wife and son. No way it can be coming from outside. No way it can be coming from inside. Drives me nuts. My house is 100 plus years old. Let me know if you if anybody has a clue what it is.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

See the same thing in my house. By myself and with my wife and son. No way it can be coming from outside. No way it can be coming from inside. Drives me nuts. My house is 100 plus years old. Let me know if you if anybody has a clue what it is.

I see the same thing in my house. We've been living here for a year and a half so far, but the house was built sometime around 1950, according to the realtor who showed it to us. The red light appears at night, but today, I saw it on a blanket on the bed. My son jumped in the bed and I thought for a moment he had a laser device or something that would give off that laser quality, but he did not have any such thing. At night, my wife is usually asleep, but I may lay in bed unable to sleep and I see the light from the closet -- no windows, no light at all emitting such a color there -- and I get up, but the light vanishes as I stand up. Somehow, the light-entity appears to think, if such a thing is possible, that I'm not watching and it is seen. When I move, it goes away.

• 1 year later...

So we are at a florida beach resort, and all of us kids are in one room. one night, underneath the door, a red laser was shining through. we thought it was one of the adults, but when we opened the door it stopped shining and no one was there! we went to bed, then the next morning, (today as i am posting this) we are doing a full scale investigation, we all got out computers out and we searched "red laser hauntin" and nothing good came up until one of the kids found this page! you can look at our username. we made it 4 minutes ago, just to post this message plz respind to us it is driving us menatlly INSANE :no:

I had a laser pointer when I was younger. It had interchangeable tips you could put on it and instead of a red dot, it would be a design. Most of my friends had like, planes, dogs and stuff, mine had a naked lady.

It was awesome.

• Like 1

I had a laser pointer when I was younger. It had interchangeable tips you could put on it and instead of a red dot, it would be a design. Most of my friends had like, planes, dogs and stuff, mine had a naked lady.

It was awesome.

Mine had (has) the Wonder Woman logo.

• Like 1

I've read of something similar to this, but there were two red lights instead of one. Said they were the eyes of shadow people creepin around.

Maybe it's unrelated but I remember seeing something like this multiple times when I was about five or six years old. It was totally random but I would see a red dot moving across the floor in a straight line. The dot would move about two or three miles per hour and when it hit the wall it would start over again where it started, almost like a pulse. I grew up in a very old house but that wasn't the only place I have seen it. I actually remember seeing it at school once, I think I was in kindergarten. I saw it while we were standing in line for something and the cool thing is the other kids saw it too. At the time I didn't think much of It, but I have thought about it after getting older and I have no clue what it was. I know for a fact it wasn't a laser pointer because this was about 25 years ago.

• Like 1